Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 7)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I thought parts of Christmas Day worked well... Eric trying to keep the peace and the chat with Amy was a nice touch, although the Mad World bit was maudlin enough, but I suppose that was the point! I am really hoping that there are some changes for the better in 2013....
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW Page 2, part 7. I remember when this thread were nowt but a lad!!

Watched the omnibus is afternoon.

(1)The Spencers were in three scenes and were obnoxious in every one of them. Was there any need for the screaming at Jai and Charity, they were only asking after Urchie, or for screaming at Cameron when that nasty little oik was riding a skateboard down the middle of the street? Bit old for a skateboard anyway.

(2) Maurel were stupid in every scene they appeared in. What is it with the writers that whenever there is a biggish episode, like the 40th anniversary, Christmas Day etc, we have to put up with that stupid pair of tits being shoehorned into almost every scene . Running around with the mince pies and Loopy getting drunk, was this supposed to be amusing?

(3) Dreadful Debbie and her equally dreadful parents. Oh how I laughed when Cameron appeared and told her her fortune, not so gobby without ma and pa eh? Her stoneface actually moved.

(4) Alicia played a blinder, fact. Maybe a week or two away with the pampered princess might open David's eyes to her. They say to know someone you have to go on holiday with them.

(5) I was looking forward to Bernice returning, but I've been a bit disappointed by the hammy acting and the high handed way she is going about running the pub. Snidey put downs are not the way to run a happy ship. She was so rude about Gennie's clothes sense. Its a wonder she has any customers.

(6) Her boyfriend, is, sadly almost as wooden as Mark Wilde, he seems to know about horses, so in EDs inimitable way, he will probably buy the stables from Declan or go in as Katy's partner. Bernice's only saving grace is that she gets right up Loopy Laurel's nose. Good on her for that. Is

(7) Underwhelmed at the Cameron/Chas and Cameron/Alex stuff, do not find Cameron in any way scary.

(8) Katy being unable to have a baby is boring, hope that will not drag on for too long, ditto the Declan/Megan/Munchkin s/l drag on too., I was hoping we had seen last last of the gruesome twosome.

(9) Amy and Kerry :yawn::yawn::yawn: round and round and round we go yet again.

(10) More tosh about Edna having no money. Go to the Social Services or whatever they are called, that's what they are there for. Take Tootsie to the Blue Cross FGS woman. Having said that, I think she really likes Alex. Cameron is a pig for trashing her house and stealing her stuff. Hope he gets caught soon.

Better take my happy pills now!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Part 7 Woooooooo!!!!!! :D

Its the Geordie Goddess thats keeping you in tinkie! :cool::D

On the subject of the xmas episodes i didnt think they were THAT depressing considering the material involved there were some heartwarming moments to balance it out!

Unlike last years which sucked everything emotionally out of me it was ok viewing!

BIB yes of course it is JR :rolleyes:

(1)The Spencers were in three scenes and were obnoxious in every one of them. Was there any need for the screaming at Jai and Charity, they were only asking after Urchie, or for screaming at Cameron when that nasty little oik was riding a skateboard down the middle of the street? Bit old for a skateboard anyway.

(2) Maurel were stupid in every scene they appeared in. What is it with the writers that whenever there is a biggish episode, like the 40th anniversary, Christmas Day etc, we have to put up with that stupid pair of tits being shoehorned into almost every scene . Running around with the mince pies and Loopy getting drunk, was this supposed to be amusing?

(3) Dreadful Debbie and her equally dreadful parents. Oh how I laughed when Cameron appeared and told her her fortune, not so gobby without ma and pa eh? Her stoneface actually moved.

(4) Alicia played a blinder, fact. Maybe a week or two away with the pampered princess might open David's eyes to her. They say to know someone you have to go on holiday with them.

(5) I was looking forward to Bernice returning, but I've been a bit disappointed by the hammy acting and the high handed way she is going about running the pub. Snidey put downs are not the way to run a happy ship. She was so rude about Gennie's clothes sense. Its a wonder she has any customers.

(6) Her boyfriend, is, sadly almost as wooden as Mark Wilde, he seems to know about horses, so in EDs inimitable way, he will probably buy the stables from Declan or go in as Katy's partner. Bernice's only saving grace is that she gets right up Loopy Laurel's nose. Good on her for that. Is

(7) Underwhelmed at the Cameron/Chas and Cameron/Alex stuff, do not find Cameron in any way scary.

(8) Katy being unable to have a baby is boring, hope that will not drag on for too long, ditto the Declan/Megan/Munchkin s/l drag on too., I was hoping we had seen last last of the gruesome twosome.

(9) Amy and Kerry :yawn::yawn::yawn: round and round and round we go yet again.

(10) More tosh about Edna having no money. Go to the Social Services or whatever they are called, that's what they are there for. Take Tootsie to the Blue Cross FGS woman. Having said that, I think she really likes Alex. Cameron is a pig for trashing her house and stealing her stuff. Hope he gets caught soon.

Great post dessie

BIB Try vodka or perhaps not in my case
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yup, totally agree. The way that Ali snarled/shouted down the street to Jai and Charity about being better "if she didn't have a nephew in hospital!!" I thought she'd found out who the daddy was - then realised she hadn't and it was just Ali being 'real' again :rolleyes:

Please - if this new producer does one thing, please, please, per-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease axe this obnoxious, horrible character. I'll love the new series producer forever then and she'll do no wrong in my eyes for the rest of her tenure :cool: (I say lying through my teeth!)

I hate to say this, and don't throw stones at me anyone :eek:, but Maurel (or I should say a drunken Lauren in the Dingle's falling into her dinner) provided one of the few lighter moments for me in the Xmas episodes :o

I can only think it was the affect of the alcohol I'd consumed ....

Ha, spot on! Just a 'mournful' little tear rolling down her cheek :rolleyes: You're right, not nearly so gobby without her pathetic guard dog parents.

This is more about Jay-cub but if I've remembered the spoilers correctly
    he turns on David big style when he finds out about Priya, says he 'hates him' and all. As David is rather astonishingly and bizarrely fond of the little shi ... ahem, lad, this might give him a fright and start the him heading back to Alicia's arms? He did seem to like their little 'family' set up? Fingers crossed.

Oh I can see a 'miracle!' baby if they keep these two together (God I hope not though - it's really dragged Katie's character down by being associated with dismal Declan). Perhaps next Christmas there'll be a nappy arrival and we'll all be so moved we'll shed a tear. Or not.
    (9) Amy and Kerry :yawn: round and round and round we go yet again.

Totally agree. I was almost hoping that Val and Eric would tell Amy to sling her hook when she turned up on Xmas day moaning about Kerry. She made her bed and it would have been nice to see her being made to lie in it. She's treated Eric in particular quite thoughtlessly after everything he's done for her.

And Kerry is on my 'get rid of' list. Not quite up with Ali but definitely on there. The last thing I want to see is her snogging Andy. Well the LAST couple I want to see snogging is Maurel but you know what I mean!

(apologies to JR!)

Soaps are really annoying in this instance. It's like charities and social welfare don't exist which is ludicruous as in these uncertain times I bet a fair percentage of the viewers are being helped somehow, so to try and pretend that they don't exist is pathetic.

Someone else posted somewhere else (apologies, can't remember who or where) that people like Moira, Victoria, Adam, Cain etc had relationships, worked, lived etc with Alex but were quite happy to think the worst of him. They believed that he actually would fleece an old woman and wreck her house and do a flit with only Edna sticking up for him and refusing to believe that he was like that. Crap writing or WHAT? :eek:

Pass them on Dessie, I could do with some meself :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Totally agree. I was almost hoping that Val and Eric would tell Amy to sling her hook when she turned up on Xmas day moaning about Kerry. She made her bed and it would have been nice to see her being made to lie in it. She's treated Eric in particular quite thoughtlessly after everything he's done for her.

And Kerry is on my 'get rid of' list. Not quite up with Ali but definitely on there. The last thing I want to see is her snogging Andy. Well the LAST couple I want to see snogging is Maurel but you know what I mean!

(apologies to JR!)

Oh i think your being a wee bit harsh there lotty! :eek:;)

BIB I dont see like that at all! It was a few weeks ago when Kerry was sort of slagging them of Amy stepped right in and made it clear that she loves Val and Eric!

She hasnt abandoned them she just left the nest and while its to move in with her mother she still views Val and Eric as close family and her turning to them for help is a clear indication that is still the case! I loved her chat with Eric regarding Kyle it was a really beautiful moment!

That bed you say she has made for herself is a forced one while her mam is a bit of a terror Amy feels she needs to be there for her to protect her from herself!

And DH point about them i even agree with that its just the same thing time after time after time with them which for me personally is frustrating because i am a fan of both characters and their journey! It badley needs pushed on!
  • mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    There isn't musty, believe me :o
    Maybe there are group sessions you can attend :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh i think your being a wee bit harsh there lotty! :eek:;)

BIB I dont see like that at all! It was a few weeks ago when Kerry was sort of slagging them of Amy stepped right in and made it clear that she loves Val and Eric!

She hasnt abandoned them she just left the nest and while its to move in with her mother she still views Val and Eric as close family and her turning to them for help is a clear indication that is still the case! I loved her chat with Eric regarding Kyle it was a really beautiful moment!

That bed you say she has made for herself is a forced one while her mam is a bit of a terror Amy feels she needs to be there for her to protect her from herself!

And DH point about them i even agree with that its just the same thing time after time after time with them which for me personally is frustrating because i am a fan of both characters and their journey! It badley needs pushed on!

She's being rail roaded by Kerry, no doubt about that. She really needs to take control back - just the other day she let Kerry take over a conversation with Val about her going to the Pollard's to give them their presents on Xmas day. Kerry took over and said something like 'you might as well take them now as we'll be busy' (or words to that affect) - AND AMY JUST LET IT HAPPEN :mad: She should have taken over and said that she would be going over to the Pollard's for an hour or so to exchange gifts but she didn't and I was very annoyed with her for it.

It's like when push come to shove she let the Pollard's be upset rather than her mother - and ultimately (no matter what fairytale she might be trying to kid herself will happen in the future re her mum) she owes Kerry absolutely nothing. She was an appalling mother. But the Pollard's, who have been exceedingly good and supportive to her under often trying circumstances (ERIC in particular has been consistently good to her), well it's OK for THEM to be upset as long as precious mammy's happy :rolleyes::mad:

Sorry JR, but it's really annoying me!

I understand that Amy now feels responsible for her mum since her last hospitalisation (shows she's a good kid really, some others wouldn't give a stuff!) but boy does Kerry play and on that and wants called out on it and told that she's responsible for herself and she's not being emotionally blackmailed any more. Which will probably happen eventually I suppose and I'm looking forward to seeing it :cool:

Oh and I forgot to ask - did the birth go well? Have you a new baby brother or sister? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's being rail roaded by Kerry, no doubt about that. She really needs to take control back - just the other day she let Kerry take over a conversation with Val about her going to the Pollard's to give them their presents on Xmas day. Kerry took over and said something like 'you might as well take them now as we'll be busy' (or words to that affect) - AND AMY JUST LET IT HAPPEN :mad: She should have taken over and said that she would be going over to the Pollard's for an hour or so to exchange gifts but she didn't and I was very annoyed with her for it.

It's like when push come to shove she let the Pollard's be upset rather than her mother - and ultimately (no matter what fairytale she might be trying to kid herself will happen in the future re her mum) she owes Kerry absolutely nothing. She was an appalling mother. But the Pollard's, who have been exceedingly good and supportive to her under often trying circumstances (ERIC in particular has been consistently good to her), well it's OK for THEM to be upset as long as precious mammy's happy :rolleyes::mad:

Sorry JR, but it's really annoying me!

I understand that Amy now feels responsible for her mum since her last hospitalisation (shows she's a good kid really, some others wouldn't give a stuff!) but boy does Kerry play and on that and wants called out on it and told that she's responsible for herself and she's not being emotionally blackmailed any more. Which will probably happen eventually I suppose and I'm looking forward to seeing it :cool:

Oh and I forgot to ask - did the birth go well? Have you a new baby brother or sister? :)

Yeah i suppose you've got a point! But in this relationship Amy is the parent rather it being the other way around which makes it a bit harder! I would also like to see Amy take control of the situation and put her own feelings first instead of that with Kerry's!

I'm getting a bit concerned that the writers have been getting lazy with this after what i felt was an excellent begininning with these two! But with other "Exciting" :yawn: plots taking immediate preference i doubt anything is gonna change or improve with this story anytime soon! :(

Yeah birth went smoothly a new little sis born just over 2 weeks ago! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i suppose you've got a point! But in this relationship Amy is the parent rather it being the other way around which makes it a bit harder! I would also like to see Amy take control of the situation and put her own feelings first instead of that with Kerry's!

I'm getting a bit concerned that the writers have been getting lazy with this after what i felt was an excellent begininning with these two! But with other "Exciting" :yawn: plots taking immediate preference i doubt anything is gonna change or improve with this story anytime soon! :(

Yeah birth went smoothly a new little sis born just over 2 weeks ago! :)

Awwww! :) How lovely! Has she got a nice name - totally understand if you don't want to say on a public forum though :) Hope she's a good girl for your mam!

I agree - Amy and Kerry's storyline is on a loop now and although this might happen in real life, and indeed go on perhaps for years, it isn't great to watch on a soap. Things need to move on.

The thing that annoys me most is that Kerry doesn't really want to change. She says she does but when push comes to shove a man or drink will always take precedence. Xmas day for example: Amy put on the skanky dress Kerry bought for her. Now this was a big thing for Amy as it wasn't her style at all, yet Kerry never even commented because the turkey was under done (easily rectified by more time in the oven!) and she was having a tantrum about it. She wanted everything to be 'perfect' for Amy but ruined everything herself with her fixation on things that don't matter!

Did she follow Amy when she walked out? Nope! Was far too interested in moaning, i.e. cosying up, to Andy. I doubt she'd have been so interested in staying if Andy had been 'Andrea' eh? :rolleyes: (unless she goes both ways :D) Nope the bloke she fancied was there so that was her priority!

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!

:o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awwww! :) How lovely! Has she got a nice name - totally understand if you don't want to say on a public forum though :) Hope she's a good girl for your mam!

I agree - Amy and Kerry's storyline is on a loop now and although this might happen in real life, and indeed go on perhaps for years, it isn't great to watch on a soap. Things need to move on.

The thing that annoys me most is that Kerry doesn't really want to change. She says she does but when push comes to shove a man or drink will always take precedence. Xmas day for example: Amy put on the skanky dress Kerry bought for her. Now this was a big thing for Amy as it wasn't her style at all, yet Kerry never even commented because the turkey was under done (easily rectified by more time in the oven!) and she was having a tantrum about it. She wanted everything to be 'perfect' for Amy but ruined everything herself with her fixation on things that don't matter!

Did she follow Amy when she walked out? Nope! Was far too interested in moaning, i.e. cosying up, to Andy. I doubt she'd have been so interested in staying if Andy had been 'Andrea' eh? :rolleyes: (unless she goes both ways :D) Nope the bloke she fancied was there so that was her priority!

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!

:o:D

Yeah from what ive seen of her she's a great kid! :) I havnt seen her cry that much but my mam assures me she gives it her all in that stake! ;):D

Yeah i agree with you regarding Kerry her lack of character development is a bit worrying and an awful lot of people (At least here on DS) have turned on her very quickly and tbh i dont really blame them!

The present while it was a nice gift for the shallow male audience ;) didnt sit well with Amy and with her comment before that about telling Amy to get out of those baggy jumpers and get those "Norks" out was a clear sign Kerry wants Amy to be like her!

Thankfully that idea sort of scares Amy a bit so we wont see that to soon!

The idea that Kerry wanted to have a nice Xmas with Amy was a nice one but it was executed wrongly and with her attitude towards Val and Eric it really struggles to get her over with the viewers as a character that you can feel sympathy for!

Any women in her shoes would worship the ground Val and Eric walks on for taking care of her daughter and bringing her into adulthood when in reality they didnt have to!

Ive no idea what it is TPTB are trying to do with Kerry she isnt a villain nor a lovable soap bitch! And to me its lazy and no real effort is going into her character development! The boozing, boys and dissing Amy's family can only go so far until it gets really piss taking!
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm slightly miffed that someone somewhere deleted my rabid anti Aaron rant from saturday afternoon in the late lamented last thread.

Don't worry there will be many many more heh.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    I'm slightly miffed that someone somewhere deleted my rabid anti Aaron rant from saturday afternoon in the late lamented last thread.

Did they really?:eek: That's crazy! You didn't sound like a rabid psycopath at all. :mad:;)

Anyway I for one look forward to more of the same in 2013. Happy New Year, kwynne. :)
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How dare they! I bet it was Melephunk :mad::D
  • Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has anyone got the spoiler for who Chas' stalker will be?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member

I
    didn't even know Chas was getting a stalker, best to put that in spoilers
  • dobby's bludgerdobby's bludger Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ]
    i think either one of carl's kids or one of dan's
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D

I've just checked - it has gone! :eek:

I wonder who complained? Obviously someone not familiar with your bonker....... er .......... perfectly normal rants Kwynne! :D
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    BIB yes of course it is JR :rolleyes:

Great post dessie

BIB Try vodka or perhaps not in my case

Vodka has been my downfall on many occasions Tinks, and I have enjoyed every single one of them:D:D:D
  • avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched Stuart Blackburn's preview for 2013 it seems Debbie will turn into a mini Cain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    I
    didn't even know Chas was getting a stalker, best to put that in spoilers
    ]
    i think either one of carl's kids or one of dan's

I think I know due to a huge clue in Inside soap and its not going to be anyone you might expect or as it says anyone the mag anyone anyone in Emmerdale would expect either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I know due to a huge clue in Inside soap and its not going to be anyone you might expect or as it says anyone the mag anyone anyone in Emmerdale would expect either.

Well don't leave us dangling then, who is it?? (You can put it in spoilers). :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

I keep forgetting how to use the spoilers but all it says anyway is when Chas and Jimmy catch the person they are suprised because they didn't even know they were around.

So purely my speculating I would say their names begin with an A or T

Off for my tea now may return later, I may even make an appearance in the Daily but then again I might not reappear until wednesday
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that its going to be
    Thomas King. The actor announced on twitter that he's back next week and so have the one of the soap magazines.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vodka has been my downfall on many occasions Tinks, and I have enjoyed every single one of them:D:D:D

And me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep forgetting how to use the spoilers but all it says anyway is when Chas and Jimmy catch the person they are suprised because they didn't even know they were around.

So purely my speculating I would say their names begin with an A or T

Off for my tea now may return later, I may even make an appearance in the Daily but then again I might not reappear until wednesday

Ah right, and looking at Selena's spoiler below yours, that pretty much confirms it I'd say. :)
This discussion has been closed.