Options

Who has warmed to Michelle from Corrie following Steve storyline?

SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
Forum Member
I've always found her highly irritating and whingey, but this Steve storyline has made me realise what a good couple they are, and her caring side has really shone through and made me warm to her a lot more.

Comments

• Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must admit I loved the it scenes last night. Long may it continue.
  • Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope,

Cant stand the actress and therefore cant stand the character.

She is part of the deadwood that needs to be axed along with Dame Tully
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    I want to like her but I still can't.

Plus, I thought the way she went to look for Steve after the crash instead of helping all the other people who were in serious trouble didn't set her in the best light
  • Options
    EvannahEvannah Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I've warmed to her. I think the scenes between her and Steve last night were so moving. They do make a great couple and I think this will only make them stronger.
  • Options
    puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No...she was partly to blame and she was too oblivious to see he was down. Does she not watch tv/read magazines are they totally oblivious to depression on Coronation Street? Soon it will go back to being about her.

It was good of her to find him and care for him and to say it made sense but she and Liz are stupid and they took away his self confidence.
  • Options
    Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Nope, still awful.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    No I still can't stand the woman.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Nope. She was sympathetic for a few minutes after a nasty accident, she'll be back to bullying him by the next episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that Corrie want Steve & Michelle to be the next "Ken & Dierdre.

Unfortunately they have a few problems with this, well actually only one "Kym Marsh"!!

Anne was well loved both as a actress and as the character Dierdre. As Dierdre you cared about what happen to her as her character being put in prison proved.

Kym Marsh doesnt have this as all, 1 she is not a particular good actress(I use this term lightly), 2 there is no warmth to her character, if she had been killed off in the bus crash would anyone really have cared, 3 There is no chemistry with Steve, compare Michelle to Karen and you realise that there is none what so ever 4, the actress, Kym Marsh comes across as a very unlikeable person. When you see her in Pop Idol you just know that she would step on anyone or do anything to get success even her own children.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jude007 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Corrie want Steve & Michelle to be the next "Ken & Dierdre.

Unfortunately they have a few problems with this, well actually only one "Kym Marsh"!!

Anne was well loved both as a actress and as the character Dierdre. As Dierdre you cared about what happen to her as her character being put in prison proved.

Kym Marsh doesnt have this as all, 1 she is not a particular good actress(I use this term lightly), 2 there is no warmth to her character, if she had been killed off in the bus crash would anyone really have cared, 3 There is no chemistry with Steve, compare Michelle to Karen and you realise that there is none what so ever 4, the actress, Kym Marsh comes across as a very unlikeable person. When you see her in Pop Idol you just know that she would step on anyone or do anything to get success even her own children.

Not a fan?😃
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fadge1968 wrote: »
    Not a fan?😃

How could you tell:o
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder how long Kym sill stick with Corriem
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No still don't like her, she is too fake. It will be all about her again soon and she will be ripping Steve to pieces.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wonder how long Kym sill stick with Corriem

All the days of her life. Who else would employ her.
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »
    No still don't like her, she is too fake. It will be all about her again soon and she will be ripping Steve to pieces.

I agree with this. I do think she came across more sympathetically last night, but a lot of that was because of Simon Gregson's acting.

She's an unlikeable woman playing the part of an unlikeable character.
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Evannah wrote: »
    Yes, I've warmed to her. I think the scenes between her and Steve last night were so moving. They do make a great couple and I think this will only make them stronger.

I agree. I thought she came over very caring last night now she knows whats wrong with Steve.
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the problem isnt with Michelle, there is just so much unecessary hate for Kym from DS users.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »

BIB You are right. The viewers cared about Deirdre because she was a likeable character. Michelle isn't. The viewers also liked Karen and Becky, although Corrie went on to ruin Becky. One of the best Corrie scenes was when Steve declared his love for Becky and he was with Michelle then. That worked because the viewers liked Becky but didn't like Michelle.

The viewers like Steve. He hasn't changed. Michelle has. We've seen her crying and now she's all concerned for Steve. So from a couple where Michelle constantly bullied, harrassed and belittled Steve, she's going to change is she? This SL is all about making the viewers like Michelle. And why would Michelle go stomping off after Steve? Wouldn't she be helping the others and wondering were Carla was? Did she get a knock on the head in the crash?!

Warm to Michelle? It will take more than a few tears and her suddenly being concerned for Steve.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the problem isnt with Michelle, there is just so much unecessary hate for Kym from DS users.

If that's true perhaps Corrie should just cut their losses and get rid.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    Nope! It seems the writers want us to forget how Michelle played her part in Steve's current state with her constant belittling and horrible attitude towards him. Now they are trying to paint her as the all caring and all loving person who would never treat anyone badly. Sorry, but I am not that easily manipulated.
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed. Whilst I am not s fan of Kym Marsh, I do like Michelle. She went through a stage of nagging Steve, and I agree with other posters who recognise that TPTB were trying to turn them into a Corrie Golden Couple but didn't have the substance to make it stick.

Her behaviour at the time (dragging Steve down the street by his ear etc) was slightly reminiscent of Vera with Steve being the loveable Jack but it didn't work. Michelle will never be Vera, so they had to do an about turn and make her more human, and slightly softer. This storyline has succeeded in doing that IMO, I only hope that her behaviour continues in this direction because Steve and Michelle COULD be a golden couple in future, providing the writers make them one in their own right, rather than trying to mirror previous successes.

Those people who resent Michelle and Liz for not recognising Steve's illness need to realise that in real life, this is exactly what happens. His symptons weren't typical of depression, and at times he presented himself more likely to be having a midlife crisis than anything else.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I havent forgotten that he's in this state due to her and liz mcmutton?
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we are all meant to be rooting for Steve and Michelle but the way Michelle has been written over the last few months it's very hard to want them to sort things out together as Michelle's behaviour has partially caused Steve's current depression. I don't think this is anything to do with Kym Marsh, it's all about appalling writing and character development. There have been times where I've been amazed she has agreed to deliver the screeching bullying dialogue that she's been given. I think it was particularly bad when Steve fell into covering up Peter's affair and Michelle was practically dragging him along the street by his ear. Absolutely ridiculous scenes.

There does seem to be a lot of hatred for Kym Marsh, is that restricted to on here I wonder? I don't really know enough about her off-screen behaviour to be judgemental, so can only really comment on inconsistent writing for the character of Michelle.
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havent forgotten that he's in this state due to her and liz mcmutton?

Yeah nothing to do with Peter's betrayal forcing him to lie through his teeth to those he loves, or Tina's brutal murder, the subsequent trial in which he had to give evidence against his best friend, or the fact that his father used him, made false promises and fake sentiment, just to get Liz to visit him!

I guess having Michelle and Liz, nag and torment him is what sent him into a pit of despair.
  • Options
    NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - did see another side to her. However never forget Steve dropped her for Becky and had Becky agreed to come back to him at the airport he would not have given Michelle a second glance. They may get back together and stay together for a while but not for life.