NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Olympus has Fallen - 8/10
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chronicle 6/10

I thought the "Cloverleaf" cinematographic style would get tedious, but it loosened up up towards the end.
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Heat - Always worth another watch, Pacino and De Niro at the top of their game 8/10
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny, Juno (LINK)

A nice, funny but ridiculously romanticized film about about teenage pregnancy. The film is about two 13 year olds who are about to become parents. The way teen pregnancy is dealt with in this South Korean film is extremely unrealistic but the charm of the characters will ultimately win you over anyway.
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Last Stand

One of the worst Arnie films I've seen. The comedy sidekick guy was just appalling and a terrible idea. Like a 2 hour migraine.

1/10
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im 10 minutes into Dark Shadows and I'm bored to death. :( Any good recommendations on OnDemand from the last week?
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Primer

A sometimes deeply baffling but equally impressive and nerve-wracking time loop SF drama that plunges the viewer into the very same black unknown our two protagonists daringly attempt to navigate.

And though shaky to start, Dir. Shane Carruth shows great skill and ambition in turning this micro-budgeter into a sometimes deeply baffling but equally impressive and nerve-wracking time loop SF drama that......8/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Im 10 minutes into Dark Shadows and I'm bored to death. :( Any good recommendations on OnDemand from the last week?

I bought Dark Shadows on blu ray. I ended up giving it away. I don't think it was a bad film. Just boring.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're The Millers...brilliant 9/10
  • Options
    JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Broken 2012

Great performances especially from the lead girl whose sure to be a future big star but i have to confess i found the whole thing a bit depressing, even tho some scenes stick with you for a while afterwards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack Reacher 6/10

I am not a natural fan of Tom Cruise, I can take him or leave him. Every now and then he does come up with some pretty good performances; Rain Man, War of the Worlds, Risky Business, Tropic Thunder and Born on the Fourth of July to name his more successful works, but Jack Reacher is among the more middling ones. A good story, but hardly up there with Grisham or Clancy.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inception 6 out of 10
    End of the World (2013 TV Movie) 4
    Mimic (1997) 4
    Trading Christmas (2011 TV Movie) 5
    The Golden Child (1986) 4
    Jet Stream (2013 TV Movie) 3
    Far from Home: The Adventures of Yellow Dog 6
  • Options
    LojenLojen Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Reacher - 4/10

Sadly my contempt for Cruise probably knocks a couple of marks off no matter how good a movie may be. Ignoring Cruise for a moment the movie is pretty formulaic and predictable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Tucker & Dale vs evil
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes A game of shadows
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What Maisie Knew - 7/10 - well-acted, but a bit repetitive and fairly unimaginative direction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lojen wrote: »
    Jack Reacher - 4/10

Sadly my contempt for Cruise probably knocks a couple of marks off no matter how good a movie may be. Ignoring Cruise for a moment the movie is pretty formulaic and predictable.

Hmm...having Robert Duval in it, didn't do it any harm.

Which reminds me of a recent movie I watched:

Open Range 9/10

Not necessarily for Costner, but for Duvall's excellent portrayal of an ageing cowhand at the end of his roamings.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I watched The Proposal and enjoyed it. 9/10
    I love the ending where his grandma faked a heart attack. :)
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    The Three Musketeers (1948) - 7/10
  • Options
    SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Reacher - 7/10. Not one of Cruise's best, but enjoyable all the same.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sucker Punch 5/10 I like how different this film is. However, I found the slutty/striper look of all the women in it a bit jarring and the film started to drag a little bit in the middle too. This film is definitely aimed at teenage lads. And I am not one of them. (Lovefilms)

Chernobyl Diaries 6/10 It was sufficiently creepy at times. Although I found it hard to believe that the characters would take the really dumb actions that they did which left me feeling irritated and it ruined it. It is a shame as this film could have been really great. (Lovefilms)

Ernest & Celestine 7.5/10 Lovely children's cartoon story. (Lovefilms - French with English subtitles)
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Skies 8/10 Creepy scary.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Man on a Ledge - 6/10 It was rather silly but alright entertainment-wise.
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Stoker 6/10
This discussion has been closed.