Options

Katie Hopkins on This Morning video

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny how she thinks it's more important to be famous than anything else. The only way she has is to be loathed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has been doing the rounds on Facebook. Hilarious video!

She kinda has a point though. I wouldn't be too chuffed about my son befriending a Kayden! :D:p

What about Moon unit, Zowie, Fifi Trixibelle etc?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    She's an idiot. She loathes geographical names, yet her daughter is named India! You really couldn't make this stuff up. Thanks for the laugh Katie.

She knows exactly what she's doing.

So do the media outlets who give her any air time or column inches.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whenever I see her on the telly, it's like watching a tennis match, she has her say which is usually outrageous and looks to her opponent with a stange look but it was funny when she was asked about her childrens'names, I don't think she was expecting that comment.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a thread about this on showbiz. Personally I prefer this one where, if she's playing panto villain or whatever, she visibly starts to crack when told the truth.

http://www.itv.com/thismorning/life/are-women-jealous-each-others-success/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a thread about this on showbiz. Personally I prefer this one where, if she's playing panto villain or whatever, she visibly starts to crack when told the truth.

http://www.itv.com/thismorning/life/are-women-jealous-each-others-success/

She must be upping her June/July trolling so she can spend her troll funds on a lovely exotic holiday in August.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    She knows exactly what she's doing.

So do the media outlets who give her any air time or column inches.

All very well and true but it still doesn't alter the fact that she's an imbecile.

Can you imagine having her as a mother? I think it would be far more damaging to the child than naming them Tyler.
  • Options
    streetwisestreetwise Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :DMedia ****...ignore. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I wonder what she'd think of my name. It's of Greek/French origin apparently. Would I be allowed to babysit her little darlings?
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    A perfect example of why the middles classes shouldn't be allowed to inbreed.
    Social mobility all the way.:)
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    So you dont like children named after geographical locations. ...? Your daughter is called India

Hahaha pwned!!

She doesnt get it even when its pointed out to her, thick bint
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Double post :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    All very well and true but it still doesn't alter the fact that she's an imbecile.

Can you imagine having her as a mother? I think it would be far more damaging to the child than naming them Tyler.

True, true.

Even if she's a troll she is still a nasty piece of work to want to be one in the first place. Especially in her writing for the Daily Mail, which must be like selling your soul to the devil.
  • Options
    lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Katie.
    Not afraid to say what she thinks.
    I really don't think she is a imbecile, anything but.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    luba wrote: »
    I like Katie.

She's courting controversy through the media by judging children by their names. I would think this is the very definition of an imbecile where I come from.

Whatever education she may have had has failed her miserably.
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Katie.

People who say what they think or proudly 'tell it like it is' ARE usually imbeciles.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz Jones looks like a saint and celebrant of the working class compared to her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's quite possible to do that without being a panto-style villain in the way Katie Hopkins has been presenting herself, though.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KATIE: I hate names after geographical locations.

PHILIP: Your daughter is called 'India'.

Haha :D

What an idiot this woman is. She knows exactly what she's doing though; she's carved a career out of saying things for 'shock value' and to be controversial. People should stop giving her airtime.
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've no intention of watching the video, but I gather it was an interview in which Hopkins says she judges kids and their families by the kids' names. Didn't she make these exact same points in the DM months ago*, and got similarly slated for it? I'm just surprised that no-one in the entire This Morning team, up to and including Phil and Wil, had heard her views before. Had anyone known Hopkins was well known for this sort of schtick, I'm sure they'd never have booked her. I'm sure the last thing TM would ever want to is deliberately court controversy and get everyone talking about the show.

* ETA - back in February http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2281959/Apprentice-star-Katie-Hopkins-admits-I-wont-let-children-play-friends-I-deem-beneath-them.html

(Credit to this thead http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1800534 for the DM link.)
  • Options
    WHATEVER MANWHATEVER MAN Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Odious woman.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    I can't stand Hopkins, but lets be honest, we all have names we dislike and we all have names we associate with certain 'types' or classes. Neville's or Melvins = grey, geeky, boring Chardonnay, Chelsey, brandee= chavvy brats, etc etc

Doesn't mean I agree that I'd stop my kids playing with them,but we do all make a judgement on a name, that isn't nessisary ly a lasting judgement, but when you hear someone's called thier baby billy-joe you think country hick or crystal you think stripper..... Kids may grow up to be world leaders but you still get an impression from their name.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    I can't stand Hopkins, but lets be honest, we all have names we dislike and we all have names we associate with certain 'types' or classes. Neville's or Melvins = grey, geeky, boring Chardonnay, Chelsey, brandee= chavvy brats, etc etc

Doesn't mean I agree that I'd stop my kids playing with them,but we do all make a judgement on a name, that isn't nessisary ly a lasting judgement, but when you hear someone's called thier baby billy-joe you think country hick or crystal you think stripper..... Kids may grow up to be world leaders but you still get an impression from their name.

Melvins, you say?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »

Lol not THE Melvins, just the name in general ;)
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all very calculated, this. Of course she's being paid to be as obnoxious as possible. All the same, she must be to some extent 'like' that to perform so convincingly. She's like the performing seal the media drag out whenever they're looking for a bit of controversy and, in fairness, she plays it well.

Think it has started to backfire, though, and if she's not careful, her kids are going to be the ones to suffer.

Loved the expression on her face when Holly told her to stop. You could tell that she wasn't expecting lovely, sweet Holly to fit her up.

ETA: The hotshot, hardnosed businesswoman can't be doing that well if she's having to **** herself out to the media like this.