Options

Where is Stuart Blackburn?

newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
Forum Member
✭✭
Since yesterdays debacle with the sacking of the actress lined up to play Beth, and then the sad passing of Anne yesterday evening, not a single quote has come forward from him. Instead all official response from management has come from Kieran Roberts.

Has he finally been given the boot?

Comments

• Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was surprised he didnt appear on this morning with William and Kieran. This seems weird and shows lack of respect to Anne by not paying tribute
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I wondered that it was KR giving the interview on This Morning with Bill Roache.
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    I think there's something going on with Stuart Blackburn. Really quite shocking that he has remained silent after such a chaotic day for Corrie yesterday.
  • Options
    TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is in a secure location and cannot be reached.

Nothing can penetrate my left butt-cheek.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Yeah I wondered that it was KR giving the interview on This Morning with Bill Roache.
    Surely it's right that it should come from the top? Besides, he worked with her for a lot longer than Stuart Blackburn did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Surely it's right that it should come from the top? Besides, he worked with her for a lot longer than Stuart Blackburn did.

Perhaps but has SB said anything? All I've seen is from Kieran Roberts.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully he has done everyone a favour and emirgrated to New Zealand never to return
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who even cares, hopefully he'll bugger off!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps but has SB said anything? All I've seen is from Kieran Roberts.
    But he's Blackburn's boss and would have known her a LOT better, certainly a lot longer.
    Blackburn didn't use her that much. Not as much as previous series producers.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very weird situation
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    But he's Blackburn's boss and would have known her a LOT better, certainly a lot longer.
    Blackburn didn't use her that much. Not as much as previous series producers.

I do get that but I just think it's strange his not said anything his the producer in charge of the show currently he wasn't added to the released statement or anything no word from him at all paying his respect, I know it doesn't really matter but does seem a bit telling.
  • Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do get that but I just think it's strange his not said anything his the producer in charge of the show currently he wasn't added to the released statement or anything no word from him at all paying his respect, I know it doesn't really matter but does seem a bit telling.

As Blackburn comes across as the most insincere person ever, maybe the bosses thought twice about him on tv to talk about this
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it is usual that SB speaks on behalf of corrie, part of his job role? I wonder if he is on a suspension pending investigation ? corrie will be in the spotlight for the age/I.D. things so may want to go to the letter of employment law, investigate what he knew or not or why he didn't get ID to check? He may end up sacked for gross misconduct or given a warning. Either way it wont be spoken about until after the event as that could be taken to tribunal....
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it very very strange that Mr Blackburn is yet to make statement, it makes me question if Corrie really might be parting ways with him.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he has gone, we should organise a big party to celebrate.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure if he did appear or say something about Anne's passing an anti-Stuart Blackburn thread would appear putting him down about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure if he did appear or say something about Anne's passing an anti-Stuart Blackburn thread would appear putting him down about it.
    Agreed. He would probably be shouted down for "not knowing Annie" or overworking her or something. He is public enemy number 1 here.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For good reasons.
  • Options
    newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's just rocked up on Granada mores the pity.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is in the desert, wearing sackcloth and ashes and beating himself with birch twigs, in atonement for what he has done to our Corrie.