David Cook Appreciation Thread

Comments

• KarenFHKarenFH Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    An article to go with those Blue Springs pics.

David Cook - American idol
    Forum Member
    *Dusts off thread, clears away cobwebs*

Still no real news in Cookworld, sadly :( Only that DC says album is almost done and is expected to be released Q1 2011.

On a happier note, David recently performed at a charity event in New York. Here are a couple of his songs, enjoy :D

Heroes/Champagne Supernova

High and Dry

Also, some of the footage from the AI promo shoot has been posted on-line:

Welcome Home, David Cook
    Forum Member
    New album teaser, new album teaser :D

Serious Dave

Iz DED.....
    Forum Member
    So David attended the star studded launch of a pancake mix (only in Hollywood, lol) and gave this interview, with some album news. More are expected to follow.

PopStopTV

ETA: he looks happy, relaxed and positively glowing :D
    Forum Member
    David Cook (and others) talks pancakes :D

Hollywire - music interview to follow

Isn't he adorable? :D
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    It's turning into quite the week on the David Cook front :D

Last night he had his first twitter Q&A session for ages, unfortunately it was 2am our time and I hadn't turned off my phone *props open eyelids with toothpicks*

Anyway, out of the blue this wonderful AOLPopeater article and video popped up of an exclusive visit to the recording studio.

Promo is most definitely ramping up, DCTR2 is coming y'all ;)
    Forum Member
    It's a good day in Cook World today.

David has the Bootsong this year :D

@THR_Music American Idol' Exit Song Revealed: 'Don't You (Forget About Me)' Covered by David Cook http://bit.ly/fEnvOZ

Pre-order done, track downloaded and D growling at me on repeat FTW.

Also, this video of him in studio

Entertainment Tonight

And a rep confirmed to EW that D would be on Idol TWICE this season :D
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    It's all good news Karen :D Loving DYFAM, hoping the production on it, with voice up front and centre, is an indication for the album, although not sure if Matt S produced it (the new piccies on DCO aren't half bad either :D )
    Forum Member
    Heh, Matt S did produce it, only it was Matt Squire nor Serletic :D Totally separate from the album. It was recorded a couple of weeks ago after DCTR2 was at the mixing stage.
    Forum Member
    *Deves into the depths of DS to retrieve thread*

Runway Magazine has posted the behind the scenes video of their photo shoot for the Spring 2011 issue.

America's Next Top Model

David looks goood, and Don't You (Forget About Me) sounds great :D

Speaking of which, it is now available on UK i-Tunes and Amazon UK (possibly other retailers, I didn't check). Good timing with double Das Bootage this week as 2 will be going.

As for new single/album: some rumblings in the ether about an Idol performance on 21st April. With the Pet-A-Palooza appearance on 9th April, we should hear something in the next 2 weeks. *fingers crossed*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    David sounds great in Don't You (Forget about Me). It's nice to hear his voice again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KarenFH wrote: »
    Speaking of which, it is now available on UK i-Tunes and Amazon UK (possibly other retailers, I didn't check).

I was about to post this. I didn't know who that version was by so I just searched on the song title in itunes and it came up.
    Forum Member
    #NewsfromtheSource

thedavidcook Hey all, crazy productive day. working on website content/music video treatment/photo shoot scheduling (coming up this weekend)/...
    about 16 hours ago via web

thedavidcook...gearing up for live shows, single release, etc. etc. etc.... Exciting times. Exciting times, indeed. Can't wait to share it all with ya.
    about 16 hours ago via web

thedavidcook 5 mile run with @getbeyondfit today, now sitting with @nealfingtiemann, working on live show schtuff. Then, hopefully... Lunch.
    about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone
    Forum Member
    DCO posted a sneak peek at the lyrics to the chorus of The Last Goodbye, D's new single to be released on Apr 19th.

According to a Ryan Tedder interview (David's co-writer) it is "uptempo", "emotional" and "you wouldn't know I had written it".

On Saturday 9th April D and the guys played an 8 song semi-acoustic set at Mix94.1's Pet-A-Palooza in Las Vegas.

Among the usual suspects were 2 new covers:

Drive-The Cars

Rolling in the Deep - Adele!

And a track that D confirmed will be on the new record:

Paper Heart
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for finding a better links KarenFH :) The ones I watched last night weren't great, so I didn't post them.

I really liked his version of Rolling In The Deep.
    Forum Member
    linnylou wrote: »
    Thanks for finding a better links KarenFH :) The ones I watched last night weren't great, so I didn't post them.

I really liked his version of Rolling In The Deep.

It's an excellent cover, and feeds my pony of a duet between David and Adele, reckon their voices would really suit
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an excellent cover, and feeds my pony of a duet between David and Adele, reckon their voices would really suit

Well, you never know. Adele will be on tour in the US during May.

Maybe, their worlds could collide.....
    Forum Member
    Just in from The Hollywood Reporter

David cook to perform on American Idol next Thursday (21st April)

Lots of juicy bits in the interview including confirmation that the Dave, Neal and Andy song - Goodbye to the Girl makes it onto the album.

Oh and the photographer for the album cover shoot also shot Adele's, small world ;)
    Forum Member
    DCO just posted lyrics and cover art for The Last Goodbye
    Forum Member
    KarenFH wrote: »
    Just in from The Hollywood Reporter

David cook to perform on American Idol next Thursday (21st April)

Lots of juicy bits in the interview including confirmation that the Dave, Neal and Andy song - Goodbye to the Girl makes it onto the album.

Oh and the photographer for the album cover shoot also shot Adele's, small world ;)

Cannot even begin to say how happy and pleased I am that a DNA song made the cut *squeeeeeeeee*
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info, Karen.

I love his recent covers.

Excited and nervous about the new single!
    Forum Member
    http://www.davidcookofficial.com/us/news/david-cooks-sophomore-album-be-released-628

Squeeeeeeee :D (and this time, I flipping love the cover)
    Forum Member
    I love the cover art, I love the title, I love the "WRITTEN and co-written by David Cook"

*Flailing*
    Forum Member
    Great news. ..
    Like the cover, love the title :)