Forum Member
    Such a predictable, boring show.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryeboy123 wrote: »
    some acts were ok but nothing outsatding i left felling overwhlemed

Overwhelmed means you were emotional, underwhelmed means you weren't that impressed.

I think the word you meant to use was underwhelmed.

Me however quite enjoyed it. The best parts for me were the roller skaters, the 'talking' dog, and that other dog who hated Ant.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Just awful - first act ridiculously put through then a frigging dancer come gymnast. Utter waste of time. Ludicrous show designed for the lowest common denominator
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overwhelmed means you were emotional, underwhelmed means you weren't that impressed.

I think the word you meant to use was underwhelmed.

Me however quite enjoyed it. The best parts for me were the roller skaters, the 'talking' dog, and that other dog who hated Ant.

I found that hilarious and the choir was superb.
    Great show. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Just awful - first act ridiculously put through then a frigging dancer come gymnast. Utter waste of time. Ludicrous show designed for the lowest common denominator

Wow :o
    Maybe its best if you don't watch it again.

Must say that I do feel somewhat insulted by the label you've put on me though.
    I thought it was great and have never thought of myself as a lowlife. :(
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,408
    Forum Member
    Rather playing into the UKIP agenda having "foreign" acts being put through.

28.2 % of the acts put through were "EU immigrants".
    100% of acts rejected were British.
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow :o
    Maybe its best if you don't watch it again.

Must say that I do feel somewhat insulted by the label you've put on me though.
    I thought it was great and have never thought of myself as a lowlife. :(

According to the poster's logic - 49% (last night's audience share) of the country would too share that label. I wouldn't worry ;)
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 68,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Says one who watched it themselves :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    According to the poster's logic - 49% (last night's audience share) of the country would too share that label. I wouldn't worry ;)
    Says one who watched it themselves :D

Thanks guys. ;-)
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it. The Arata's were good, Calum was good, the dog chasing Ant was hilarious etc...
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 68,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Rather playing into the UKIP agenda having "foreign" acts being put through.

28.2 % of the acts put through were "EU immigrants".
    100% of acts rejected were British.

Rather than being an agenda perhaps the foreign acts simply have more creativity and imagination than our fellow British folk ;-)
  • Options
    DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member

If it was so awful, then why on earth did you bother to continue watching? In fact, I'm not even sure why you're commenting on this forum - talking to people who are, by your standards, in the 'lowest common denominator' must be a real bore. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i was overwhelmed too..left me crying :D
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just love to see the overacting on the judges faces during the acts, it just looks so put-on and false to the extreme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i was overwhelmed too..left me crying :D

Yes, I believe the OP was correct when he said he was overwhelmed -- crying in agony at the show.
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having learned from long and bitter experience over the years we simply recorded it all and the watched it around 30 minutes later.

Cutting out all of the adverts and the usual nonsense we finished just five minutes after the live transmission ended.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having learned from long and bitter experience over the years we simply recorded it all and the watched it around 30 minutes later.

Cutting out all of the adverts and the usual nonsense we finished just five minutes after the live transmission ended.

That is the best thing to do with just about every TV programme they make, cut all the crap out, be it adverts or annoying announcers and superfluous celebrities doing very little of importance but just there as make-weights.

Sometimes programmes start showing 10 minutes of annoying graphics, introductory music with screaming and shouting announcers, especially on Sky Sports. Just start showing us the damn programme that is all I want to see.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i also recorded it, and zapped the ad's and crap bits..best thing to do lol
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i also recorded it, and zapped the ad's and crap bits..best thing to do lol

You know, if advertisers realised how common this fast-forwarding is these days perhaps they may begin to realise that no one really takes any notice of their products.

I will make an exception in the case of the meerkat adverts, which are possibly more entertaining than some of the acts on last nights show, but, having said that, would I buy the product they advertise. Absolutely not. And, just what is the product anyway?
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw the first episode, very disappointing. There wasn't a single act that stood out for me just the usual joke acts and a few singers. I think I probably fast forwarded through half the show, definitely a better way to watch it.