Kylie Minogue Appreciation Thread.

Comments

• JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was playing Fever this morning, there are so many good tracks on it that still hold up today, particularly Love At First Sight, I started mimicking Kylie from the video. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Journal wrote: »
    I was playing Fever this morning, there are so many good tracks on it that still hold up today, particularly Love At First Sight, I started mimicking Kylie from the video. :o

Who doesnt love the robot dance??

i think LAFS is definitely my all time fave Kylie song! It is one of those songs that take you back to Summer 2001! That whole vibe as my mum played it a lot at that time and i used to always shout repeat that song!

And when i read she sang Burning Up i thought...that cannot be a Madonna cover?!?! But it wasnt and i actually love that as a finish to the album! and love how recently where she performed it on her last tour and incorporated Vogue into her performance :cool:
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Come Into My World is one of her most underrated tracks. It had such a good video too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I think Come Into My World is one of her most underrated tracks. It had such a good video too.

Yeah i love that one too, only i always giggle with the "cooooome" part of it....so cheeky! ;)

And the video was one of the best, i mean the time loop and Kylie multiplication is so simplistic but it was fantastic! :)

I think it was also used on a Charmed episode for the intro on the Bridge!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere she worked with Steven Bray (Madonna collaborator on True Blue, Like A Prayer albums and from her band in the late 70s/early 80s) which i find intriguing! Will that be on one of her SAW recordings or on her 90s output??

Can someone inform me, many thanks!
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read somewhere she worked with Steven Bray (Madonna collaborator on True Blue, Like A Prayer albums and from her band in the late 70s/early 80s) which i find intriguing! Will that be on one of her SAW recordings or on her 90s output??

Can someone inform me, many thanks!

the steven bray tracks were on her rhythm of love album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    the steven bray tracks were on her rhythm of love album.

Ah sweet i wanted to listen to what they did together and it just hit me WHAT were they on, right will check it out! That album had Devil You Know and What Do I Have To Do and Shocked on it didnt it, i liked those considering the era they were released in :)

Right off to have a little listen :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah sweet i wanted to listen to what they did together and it just hit me WHAT were they on, right will check it out! That album had Devil You Know and What Do I Have To Do and Shocked on it didnt it, i liked those considering the era they were released in :)

Right off to have a little listen :)

it is one of her best albums. happy listening!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    it is one of her best albums. happy listening!

I think out of her S/A/W productions that was the album that could stand out more because of the House incorporated stuff.

I was surprised because Bray production is very lighter than his work with ]\/[ BUT it continues that early 90s Pop Dance vibe the rest of the album has.

It is a shame her CDs are rare as i think i would like that disc!

I heard her 1994 album (well most of it) and i feel it is very much overrated i mean it is VERY kinda M People influences and yes was a big risk on her part but i feel that bar Confide In Me nothing truly strikes a chord with me on that album! :-/ I think Impossible Princess is superior in the experimental/Indie Kylie aspects to be honest! But i feel it was very "try hard" as opposed to how effortless she can be!

But Rhythm Of Love i can see the love for it. But from my perspective (and i know of Neighbours and the hype around that) but i never understand how Rhythm Of Love helmed those hits and had that vibe about it butit only went Platinum while her worst material (my opinion of course) sold like over 2 million for her debut, and her second album sold over a million. While Rhythm Of Love i have just read sold just over 300,000 copies and Lets get To It sold about 100,000 that is such a contrast! :eek:

And then she continued these low end sales with her 90s albums before Light Years, seems helluvah strange!
  • _Venger__Venger_ Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im really FEELING Turn it Into Love from her debut album right now

Nice little Stock Aitken & Waterman 80s popper
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _Venger_ wrote: »
    Im really FEELING Turn it Into Love from her debut album right now

Nice little Stock Aitken & Waterman 80s popper

oh my days, dont stab me :o:D

i have heard a lot of her BL album on YT today! and why is it so underrated??

i do feel Pop in 2003 was very underrated as a whole as everyone WAS experimenting different styles etc.

I must say Body Language really does stand on its own two feet! VERY Prince like meets 80s Summer Synths and Funk! I love what i have heard from it :cool:
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I agree with Nebby (Can I call you Nebby, Nebworth90?:p) and Josh in that Kylie needs to go somewhere new with her sound. She's been doing dance-pop for years now, and compared to others it has started sounding very dated.

Also, thumbs up to the Love At First Sight appreciation. TUNE!:cool:
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Nebby (Can I call you Nebby, Nebworth90?:p) and Josh in that Kylie needs to go somewhere new with her sound. She's been doing dance-pop for years now, and compared to others it has started sounding very dated.

Also, thumbs up to the Love At First Sight appreciation. TUNE!:cool:

U sure can!
    Glad to hear u share the same opinion :)
    Also, YES Love At First Sight is just brilliant. The way it was mixed with Can't Beat the Feeling at the concert... I've kind of forgotten how they did that :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the Electropop sounds we all know she does so well. And alongside Britney and Janet Jackson she can really mix it up. She has proved her point and proper channel a lot of viibes into her work.

And yes Nebby agreed!! :cool:

Like i said she is observing, she has ended that ElectroDance era, and here to enter an experimental phase. She will look at her influences and push forward. I think Madonna will give a clear insight and i cannot wait :cool:
    Forum Member
    I would be very scared if she came back with more Dance stuff in the same vein as she's been doing. Of course, I think she always will have elements of Dance in her Music - It's still Kylie we're talking about, not Bjork - but something new would be awesome.

Think ''Impossible Princess'' crossed with ''Body Language''.

THAT would be Epic.:cool:
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Who doesnt love the robot dance??

i think LAFS is definitely my all time fave Kylie song! It is one of those songs that take you back to Summer 2001! That whole vibe as my mum played it a lot at that time and i used to always shout repeat that song!

And when i read she sang Burning Up i thought...that cannot be a Madonna cover?!?! But it wasnt and i actually love that as a finish to the album! and love how recently where she performed it on her last tour and incorporated Vogue into her performance :cool:

The album wasn't released until October 2001 and the single was released early 2002 ;)
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    The album wasn't released until October 2001 and the single was released early 2002 ;)

BOOM!:cool:

Sorry Josh!:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be very scared if she came back with more Dance stuff in the same vein as she's been doing. Of course, I think she always will have elements of Dance in her Music - It's still Kylie we're talking about, not Bjork - but something new would be awesome.

Think ''Impossible Princess'' crossed with ''Body Language''.

THAT would be Epic.:cool:

Even then Bjork has Dance elements...just not the "usual terms of dance"

BUT yeah that would be epic! I really love Body Language! I think Fever was like her "Thriller" Blockbuster album, it is her biggest selling (some say 8 million copies global!) while i liken Body Language to being her personal opus musically, like post-Fever.

I would love it, I mean i had zero expectation for X and Aphrodite and like them more and more after mum played them so yeah i think they were different in styles too! X was like the Kylie-Blackout phase and Aphrodite was like a camper, softer Confessions On A Dance Floor style album. It had also a very majestic and more basic concept (i mean you could do anything with that theme!)

And i got my 2001/2002 mixed up okay! Like i said i am very casual when it comes to Kylie ok! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even then Bjork has Dance elements...just not the "usual terms of dance"

BUT yeah that would be epic! I really love Body Language! I think Fever was like her "Thriller" Blockbuster album, it is her biggest selling (some say 8 million copies global!) while i liken Body Language to being her personal opus musically, like post-Fever.

I would love it, I mean i had zero expectation for X and Aphrodite and like them more and more after mum played them so yeah i think they were different in styles too! X was like the Kylie-Blackout phase and Aphrodite was like a camper, softer Confessions On A Dance Floor style album. It had also a very majestic and more basic concept (i mean you could do anything with that theme!)

And i got my 2001/2002 mixed up okay! Like i said i am very casual when it comes to Kylie ok! ;)

LOVED X, but Aphrodite is my firm favourite from her. Imagine the fun and games that would have arisen if Kylie was really brave and released Nu-Di-Ty, Sensitized, Speakerphone or Like A Drug as a lead single/single in general :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    LOVED X, but Aphrodite is my firm favourite from her. Imagine the fun and games that would have arisen if Kylie was really brave and released Nu-Di-Ty, Sensitized, Speakerphone or Like A Drug as a lead single/single in general :cool:

yeah X is a solid album but needed better marketing, loved 2 Hearts however, dont understand the dislike for it :confused:

Speakerphone (Madonna and a few others suggested it should be a release) Sensitized is a fave! And yes Nu-Di-Ty also!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

12 million, and BL was mixed towards the US market on the back of Fever... The huge billboards (same as the stunning CD cover of Kylie) for BL had to be taken down in New York, LA and elsewhere, as they caused a number of car crashes.... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Archangel wrote: »
    12 million, and BL was mixed towards the US market on the back of Fever... The huge billboards (same as the CD cover) for BL had to be taken down in New York, LA and elsewhere, as they caused a number of car crashes.... :D

12 million? that cant be right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My boxed set has been dispatched so should be here soon! :D cannot wait!

and Fever 12 million is incorrect. It is between 6 million and 8 million so i read but still her biggest selling album of her career :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My boxed set has been dispatched so should be here soon! :D cannot wait!

and Fever 12 million is incorrect. It is between 6 million and 8 million so i read but still her biggest selling album of her career :)

Ooh crap... Sorry, but for whatever reason I had the numbers mixed up with James Blunt's "Back To Bedlam".

I'll try again... "Fever" has sold in excess of 9 million units as of January 2011. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Is Kylie having a new album out soon ? I hope so, seems ages that last one lol :(