Seriously, what are the judges problem with Dannii?

Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
Forum Member
✭✭
What exactly has she done wrong??

It looks like every week that Dannii has had an argument with Cheryl and Simon. Cheryl doesn't even look at her in the face.

Satisfaction if Aidan and Matt are in the Top 2. And the rest can sod off. They treat her like crap, and its obvious they are trying to push her further and further off the show... but if she wins with her act this year I will be so overjoyed.

It'c clear they don't want her there.

Comments

• Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree - there's a clear division with Simon and Cheryl agreeing with each other and disagreeing with Dannii. However, I didn't agree with Danni's negative comments about Cher's performance. I do feel that Dannii's out on a limb though.
  • Gambit_is_aceGambit_is_ace Posts: 9,458
    Forum Member
    Yeah,

Simon and Cheryl are obviously using each other for their own gain and are pushing Dannii and Louis aside.

Especially Dannii, it seems as though they are trying to make it so that Cheryl really is the national treasure that she is being perceived as at the moment.

However it does seem some people are realizing what they are doing and it may be their downfall!
  • kittykat2010kittykat2010 Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well prob reading between the lines she had a fling with simon, he got bored after two hours like he always does, she got bitchy and vengeful he used her, he wanted her off the show last year, she got preggers, he couldn't be seen to look like a xxxxx by getting rid of and she actually looked good last year and made a contibution, so they are all a bit scared this year and trying to freeze her out.
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii's the only one with an opinion worth listening to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does seem like that doesnt it :( I expected them to be extra nice to her and take care of her because she is a new mother and all (not a valid reason for special treatment I know).
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pleased Dannii was honest about Cher's performance tonight. It was worse than last weeks, and she wasn't afraid to criticise the golden child of XF 2010. She didn't even say it was a bad performance, just that it didn't "work" for her, and that's fair enough. Just like Aiden's performance last week wouldn't have appealed to everyone.

It's about time one of them dared to criticise this overwhelmingly average young girl. Cher's responses to being praised and then criticised said it all. Clearly being praised all the time is going straight to her head.

But back OT, yes it's very clear that Simon and Cheryl have some sort of problem with Dannii. God knows why, perhaps because she's becoming more and more popular for being an honest judge who always gives constructive criticism. On the bright side though, it's really nice to see Louis sticking up for Dannii :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah,

Simon and Cheryl are obviously using each other for their own gain and are pushing Dannii and Louis aside.

Especially Dannii, it seems as though they are trying to make it so that Cheryl really is the national treasure that she is being perceived as at the moment.

However it does seem some people are realizing what they are doing and it may be their downfall!

Totally agree I wish Simon would stop being Cheryls lapdog and realise that Danni is a far better judge than Cheryl
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Could it just all be a pantomime? If Simon REALLY wanted to get rid of Dannii, he could have fired her last year, or given her a really awful category this year and made things as awkward as possible for her.

Although, tonight was really uncomfortable viewing, I didn't like Simon calling her "Miss Minogue" in that sneery voice of his, and his constant disagreeing with her was... noticeable.

I'd like to think it's all panto though, since it's pretty uncomfortable viewing, but, I can watch it if I think that Dannii knows it's all an act for the cameras.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dannii's the only one with an opinion worth listening to.

100% agree.
    She is the only one that judges based on singing and performance. Which is why Simon saved Jedward over Lucie for some bizarre reason, but Dannii sent Jedward home instead of Olly, which was the right thing to do.

Also Dannii was the only one to pick correctly this year, look at the others...

Simon- Picks Diva Fever, just a walking contradiction after hating Jedward last year, then saving them, then bringing Diva Fever as a wildcard.

Cheryl- By picking Katie when she didnt sing the song in judge shomes (same for Cher really)

Louis- By picking Wager as another novelty act.

Dannii actually chose on performance and singing ability.
    She is not biased either. Her opinion is mostly what people are thinking.
  • princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's A Good Judge.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    On the front of the Sunday Mirror there is a story about Cheryl and Louis having a bitter feud.

I'm with Louis on that one!:D
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm starting to think that Louis, Dannii and Sharon would actually get along better that the current foursome.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could it just all be a pantomime? If Simon REALLY wanted to get rid of Dannii, he could have fired her last year, or given her a really awful category this year and made things as awkward as possible for her.

Sacking a pregnant woman just wouldn't do for his and the XF's image though would it?

He's all about the ratings and conning the GBP. I'm sure he's wanted rid for a couple of years now. Dannii's better than this bloody pantomime anyway.
  • auron87auron87 Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah there always does seem to be some sort of divide on screen, you'd think Cheryl and Dannii would get on but there always seems to be something there.

I do think that Dannii probably gives the most honest opinions, although in these types of shows it's hard to say!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    What exactly has she done wrong??

It looks like every week that Dannii has had an argument with Cheryl and Simon. Cheryl doesn't even look at her in the face.

Satisfaction if Aidan and Matt are in the Top 2. And the rest can sod off. They treat her like crap, and its obvious they are trying to push her further and further off the show... but if she wins with her act this year I will be so overjoyed.

It'c clear they don't want her there.

She isnt going to kowtow and tow the party line that Cowell has dictated, thats why!

Cheryl knows which side her bread is larded on and shes keeping in with Cowell....and we already know that Louis is a lapdog and will say and do anything the others tell him!

Dannii has a mind of her own and isnt patronising or fake and doesnt sell herself out like Cole.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon likes keeping Cheryl to himself.

Remember last year that as soon as Dannii and Cheryl started getting along well......Dannii was shoved down the end of the table.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Danni is a sweetheart.. and always spits out the truth.. hence i think the others simon and cheryl are extremely jealous of her standing.. honest.. integrity and beauty.. she is a class act.. and being voted best x factor judge by numerous publications and awards probably irritate them.. who knows mayb its pantomime and they all lap it up for the cameras.. just watch it for what it is..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callous wrote: »
    Simon likes keeping Cheryl to himself.

Remember last year that as soon as Dannii and Cheryl started getting along well......Dannii was shoved down the end of the table.

Very true. And it was sprung on Dannii right before she sat down live on tv. She couldn't understand why they were moving her and what she'd done wrong.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He also fired 2 out of 3 judges on Australia's Got Talent - she was the only one that kept her job.

Obviously she was pregnant, but seeing as everyone else got fired, there wouldn't be any need to worry about it. And she could have been moved to XF Australia if he wanted rid of her from XF UK.

But she wasn't and she continues to spend most of the year working on his shows.
    Although, tonight was really uncomfortable viewing, I didn't like Simon calling her "Miss Minogue" in that sneery voice of his, and his constant disagreeing with her was... noticeable.

For whatever reason, this forum seems to be permanently on "Dannii watch" and extremely sensitive to anyone disagreeing with her.

Yes, he disagreed with her more than usual tonight - which is like 3 times in 150 minutes! It's still not half as much as he tends to disagree with Louis Walsh (and vice versa) yet nobody really bothers (unless it's in the context of Simon/Cheryl vs Dannii/Louis).

It was also minor things - just picking up on something that the other had said rather than any significant disagreement.

As for Miss Minogue - better than "Madam" which was for Cheryl or "Miss Friedman" for Brian!
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danni is always voted in polls as the favourite judge. She is voted style queen over Cheryl every week. Her book is doing better than Cheryls. She's happy in a relationship with a new baby. She's been sucsessful in her chosen career during her life without the help of Simon Cowell.
    Cheryl is jealous of her and Simon is Cheryls lapdog. I think thats a big part of the problem.
    Simon knows how popular Danni is and if he gets rid of her he won't be smiled on for doing so. I suppose if they can force her to leave of her own accord it looks much better for them. I hope Danni rises above it and stays in spite of their feeling towards her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    There isn't one imo, certainly not between Cheryl and Dannii anyways. Not sure how much Simon like Dannii but he hasn't done anything wrong at all.

It would however seem that most people here have a problem with Cheryl and Simon having a great friendship :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    The negativity towards Dannii was very apparent tonight. Maybe there is a script all the judges have to keep to, lay off Cher and Simon didn't like Dannii saying what she thought. And WHAT has happened to Simon?, he has turned smarm city, he used to call it how it was and earned our respect even though we didn't like it sometimes.
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There isn't one imo, certainly not between Cheryl and Dannii anyways. Not sure how much Simon like Dannii but he hasn't done anything wrong at all.

It would however seem that most people here have a problem with Cheryl and Simon having a great friendship :cool:

A great friendship?
    How would you see it if Simon or Cheryl was your partner, or your partner had a 'great friendship' with someone of the opposite sex?
    Personaly I think their behaviour is rather questionable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The overreaction on here every time someone looks sideways at Dannii is ridiculous. Big deal, Simon didn't agree with a few of her comments in a two-and-a-half-hour show. He also disagreed with Dermot, Louis, Cheryl and Brian. Does that mean he hates all of them too? They're not all going to have the same opinion, and besides everybody thought it was hilarious when Louis disagreed with Cheryl last week, how is this any different?

As for Cheryl, I suppose I'm the only one who noticed Cheryl turn to Dannii and start to talk, giggling, just after her comment on Simon's teeth? (Predictably the camera cut away as soon as they turned to each other, can't have the viewers thinking the girls don't hate each other :rolleyes: .) Yep, she's sure got it in for Dannii there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    Mismalkin wrote: »
    The negativity towards Dannii was very apparent tonight.

So you can't disagree with Dannii incase it hurts her feelings?! Negativity for not agreeing with a person? :confused: I despair, i really do. :(

People are forever having a go at Simon for apparantly trying to keep Cheryl happy :yawn: yet you want Simon to do this for Dannii?!