Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Are you implying that Krishnan was on drugs? :confused:

other way round I think
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would pay good money to see Tarantino shut someone's butt down.

I don't even know what it means, but it's Tarantino, so would probably look awesome.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Promotion tactic maybe? Not that any of his films need much promoting!
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha QT on excellent form! :D And also, how many times does he need to be asked the same question re violence in films? Can't wait to see django unchained.

KGM needs to have a watch of the recent THR's directors' roundtable, might give him a few pointers on how to get a great conversation going with QT.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's making movies for 20 years. Violent shootings have been ten a penny since the gun was invented. QT has to explain nothing.
  • pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really blame Quentin in a way - when he has to answer the same loaded question for 20 years about how he and his camera is more to blame for gun crimes than guns are, it must be pretty tiring.
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tarantino's cinematic 'Marmite', you either love him or *puts tin hat on*....... Imho QT seems overrated, a movie-nerd who takes clips from his favourite obscure films , remakes them with American actors - then claims the credit. So he's kind of lucky to be of interest to C4 news, as opposed to an interviewer from a late night film buff show. Saying that, KGM was being cheeky in trying to raise the sensitive topic of the Sandy Hook killings, especially to an American film maker. On the other hand, given all the practice QT says he has had dealing with similar questions ... no problem, I would have thought ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Tarantino was right there, Guru-Murthy a minute before had to be corrected 'and the rape..' pause by QT...'there is no rape in the movie.'

Guru-Murthy pushed the same question a number of times about violence...why do you like making violent films...QT explained very lucidly about violence and the different types and then Guru-Murthy asked a really poor, tedious question about links between film and real violence hoping to get some sound bite and QT refused...it's old stuff it's poor and QT was there for to advertise the film...and Channel 4 were doing it to get people to watch...it's a mutual win-win.

Django Unchained addresses slavery etc that's really more important than some hackneyed Daily Mail question by Guru-Murthy who should have known better.

QT was answering with energy and giving very good clear answers and was full filling his part of the bargain on the interview...I really don;t like it when interviewers try and score points.

i.e.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/oct/26/john-goodman-argo-ben-affleck

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs8zu0_tom-hardy-kicks-off-with-reporter-at-dark-knight-premiere_shortfilms#.UPBX5UPyj_Y

The 'interviewer/questioner' asked 'what's it like being a Skype father?'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trying to raise the sensitive topic of the Sandy Hook killings [especially to an American film maker].

Really? I think you don;t need to look too deep into the killers history and mental state to see why those killings happened.

The subject of slavery is far more sensitive and is going on today around the world still he could have asked about it's relevance today but just went for the sensationalist question and it back-fired.He should have known QT will have been asked that question before and that it's really nothing new or special.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alfster wrote: »
    Really? I think you don;t need to look too deep into the killers history and mental state to see why those killings happened.

Lazy interview question, lazy non sequiter post!

Charmed I'm sure. Even lazy old me has picked up on the fact that gun control is currently America's No.1 topic. One that even Quentin 'Chicks Who Love Guns ' Tarantino understandably would not wish to get drawn into at this time. [Edit: Btw the above first paragraph was the only part of your post that was up at time of replying].
  • ChristopherJChristopherJ Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The subject of slavery is far more sensitive and is going on today around the world still he could have asked about it's relevance today but just went for the sensationalist question and it back-fired.He should have known QT will have been asked that question before and that it's really nothing new or special.

Have you watched the interview? No-one mentions Sandy Hook. It is only alluded to after QT has reacted.

I thought QT was basically tired and emotional, and a bit on edge.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine what could happen if Kay Burley had interviewed him.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charmed I'm sure. Even lazy old me has picked up on the fact that gun control is currently America's No.1 topic. One that even Quentin 'Chicks Who Love Guns ' Tarantino understandably would not wish to get drawn into at this time. [Edit: Btw the above first paragraph was the only part of your post that was up at time of replying].

Yeah but QT has had this same statement put to him over and over again. Sandy hook is nothing new, USA has had a lot of shootings in schools and each time they drag out the same old scapegoats. Kill Bill interview he had the whole "V Tech" shooting questions asked, and I am sure he has been linked to lots of shootings.

Sandy Hook caused teh Mass Effect (a computer game) facebook page SPAMMED with hate mail about the game causing the shootings. Its a space shooting game with aliens and spaceships and weird looking things.

Same with in the 80s and heavy metal was on trail for many stupid reasons.

Although I do agree America and its gun issue is MUCH deeper than the movies it makes and enjoys. Its sexual the love they have for guns over there. its VERY strange for a non-American to witness (I honestly felt quite unnerved when I was shown a high powered assault rifle in someones living room)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you watched the interview? No-one mentions Sandy Hook.

Um...I never said it did, Becky Sharpe did and in my original post to her post I wrote 'non sequiter'.

QT was probably a bit tired but he was giving the interview his full concentration and when you get a dumb question then you'll sometimes go back at it.

I'm not exactly how you could come to the conclusion that I mentioned Sandy Hook in any of my posts.:confused:

Tal'shiar's reply is perfect.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the interview I never felt that Krishnan was sincere, he was just out to drum up viewers for CH4 News.

There's a time and a place and it's not in the middle of those dreary film PR things when the interviewee has probably done twenty interviews that day alone.

CH4 News obviously saw it as a PR opportunity... for CH4 News.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tarantino's cinematic 'Marmite', you either love him or *puts tin hat on*....... Imho QT seems overrated, a movie-nerd who takes clips from his favourite obscure films , remakes them with American actors - then claims the credit. So he's kind of lucky to be of interest to C4 news, as opposed to an interviewer from a late night film buff show. Saying that, KGM was being cheeky in trying to raise the sensitive topic of the Sandy Hook killings, especially to an American film maker. On the other hand, given all the practice QT says he has had dealing with similar questions ... no problem, I would have thought ;)

Call me picky but when a director is being interviewed anout a film he's currently promoting, what I want to hear is the director talking about the movie, and the interviewer giving him the opportunty to do just that, not self-indulgently point-score so lazily and tediously as KGM did. QT and the cast (Jamie Foxx and Sam L Jackson in particular) have done some excellent interviews and discussions re DJango and its subject matter, and if KGM is incapable of providing that platform, then he should leave it to those who can and who actually have an interest in the movie.
  • ChristopherJChristopherJ Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Um...I never said it did, Becky Sharpe did and in my original post to her post I wrote 'non sequiter'.

QT was probably a bit tired but he was giving the interview his full concentration and when you get a dumb question then you'll sometimes go back at it.

I'm not exactly how you could come to the conclusion that I mentioned Sandy Hook in any of my posts.:confused:

Tal'shiar's reply is perfect.

No you didn't. My apologies.

I'm not exactly sure how I came to that conclusion either, save it's Friday and the Chardonnay is a-flowing. :o

Maybe I'm tired and emotional and a bit on edge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here be the interview clip in question. From about four mins onwards, KGM makes several attempts to peck away at Tarantino, trying to draw him out re: the perceived link between movie violence and real life violence. Even saying at one point [6.00 mins-ish] that 'today' the [US] 'Vice President is talking to people in the movie industry' about the alleged link between the two. OK, KGM didn't utter the precise words Sandy Hook, but he sure as hell wasn't alluding to the US Fiscal Cliff crisis. QT appeared to be fully aware of where KGM was 'going', so 'shut him down'. QED. x ;)*goes off to find phone box for this week's meeting of the Quentin Tarantino non-appreciation society*
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member

Tarantino really behaves like an ass in this interview. He also states he is there to plug his movie.

Much respect to Krishnan for giving him some tough questions.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Tassium wrote: »
    Watching the interview I never felt that Krishnan was sincere, he was just out to drum up viewers for CH4 News.

There's a time and a place and it's not in the middle of those dreary film PR things when the interviewee has probably done twenty interviews that day alone.

CH4 News obviously saw it as a PR opportunity... for CH4 News.

Krishnan is a terrific journalist, as are most of the C4 news brigade. His questions were interesting and relevant and far better than the fawning nonsense you would get from some other journalists. I remember Suzanne from breakfast TV interviewing the SATC cast. She may as well have cleaned their shoes with her tongue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're gonna need a bigger phone box :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »
    Krishnan is a terrific journalist, as are most of the C4 news brigade. His questions were interesting and relevant and far better than the fawning nonsense you would get from some other journalists. I remember Suzanne from breakfast TV interviewing the SATC cast. She may as well have cleaned their shoes with her tongue.

This.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    He's a bit unhinged at the best of times.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    QT got what he deserved imo. 'This is a commercial for my movie' Oh dear.