Options

Charles Sacchi Abusing Wife Nigella Lawson? (Pictures Revealed)

Comments

• Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    It looks like he's feeling her glands, and in the last one he's checking her nose.
    looks like he his feeling her neck glands

You've got to be kidding.

As for for checking noses, the best way is to do it yourself. It's called using a mirror.

This apparent incident should definitely be looked into.

http://www.plymouthhospitals.nhs.uk/OURSERVICES/CANCERSERVICES/SKIN/Pages/HowtoCheckYourLymphNodes.aspx
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looks like he his feeling her neck glands also he his holding her hand I don;t think it is anything serious at least i hope its not

I dont know why this post is accused of trolling, that was my first thought, she is holding hands with him, the fact that his hand is not tensed and she is semi smiling in one of the photos says to me this is not what the media are claiming.

shame on anyone accusing someone of being abusive when they are not
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first thing one would do if someone was squeezing your neck to the point you can't breathe, would be to try and prize their fingers off.

As somebody pointed out, your average pap camera, or any camera for that matter, would likely have a fairly high shutter speed so the pictures we've seen could have literally taken a few seconds in 'real time' so she could still have reacted by trying to grab his hands.

That said, he doesn't have to be throttling her either - grabbing someone by the throat, even of only for a few seconds, is, in itself, a highly threatening gesture and doesn't need to progress into a full on throttling. Her reaction is explainable in one of two ways.

Firstly, as someone pointed out, he could be suffering from dementia and lashing out. Her "passive" reaction could be her way of dealing with the situation and trying to calm him down and pacify him.

Secondly, there could be far more serious abuse going on behind closed doors and her reaction was simply one of fear. Many people often 'freeze' in fear in certain situations and this could well be why she doesn't appear to try and defend herself.
    tiacat wrote: »
    I dont know why this post is accused of trolling, that was my first thought, she is holding hands with him, the fact that his hand is not tensed and she is semi smiling in one of the photos says to me this is not what the media are claiming.

shame on anyone accusing someone of being abusive when they are not

You really think this picture is "not what the media are claiming" ???

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BM1NZG4CEAAAmh9.jpg
  • Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't care less, 2 self-important self-absorbed clowns they are welcome to each other.

PS - Nigella is still beautiful though.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,949
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    You've got to be kidding.

As for for checking noses, the best way is to do it yourself. It's called using a mirror.

This apparent incident should definitely be looked into.

http://www.plymouthhospitals.nhs.uk/OURSERVICES/CANCERSERVICES/SKIN/Pages/HowtoCheckYourLymphNodes.aspx

The alternative then is to assume that these pictures are absolute proof that man was throttling, yes *throttling* his wife in a restaurant, in which situation she isn't doing anything about it, both are orderly seated, and no-one is intervening.

This thread shows amply why and how the paps have such an influence on the chronically impressionable.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    You can see fear in her face,that is quite disturbing, then the pic afterwards tells it all, if in fact she is being abused by this man, then I hope she has the guts to report him.

:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As somebody pointed out, your average pap camera, or any camera for that matter, would likely have a fairly high shutter speed so the pictures we've seen could have literally taken a few seconds in 'real time' so she could still have reacted by trying to grab his hands.

That said, he doesn't have to be throttling her either - grabbing someone by the throat, even of only for a few seconds, is, in itself, a highly threatening gesture and doesn't need to progress into a full on throttling. Her reaction is explainable in one of two ways.

Firstly, as someone pointed out, he could be suffering from dementia and lashing out. Her "passive" reaction could be her way of dealing with the situation and trying to calm him down and pacify him.

Secondly, there could be far more serious abuse going on behind closed doors and her reaction was simply one of fear. Many people often 'freeze' in fear in certain situations and this could well be why she doesn't appear to try and defend herself.

You really think this picture is "not what the media are claiming" ???

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BM1NZG4CEAAAmh9.jpg

no, it doesnt give any evidence either way, i dont know why he is doing that, my partner will sometimes feel for lumps and bumps on me, he will press quite hard as hes not sure what hes looking for. its her calmness throughout that suggests to me that something else could be going on. people do argue, sometimes loudly, it doesnt mean that they are in an abusive relationship, they could have had a row AND been talking about something upsetting at different times during the meal.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no, it doesnt give any evidence either way, i dont know why he is doing that, my partner will sometimes feel for lumps and bumps on me, he will press quite hard as hes not sure what hes looking for. its her calmness throughout that suggests to me that something else could be going on. people do argue, sometimes loudly, it doesnt mean that they are in an abusive relationship, they could have had a row AND been talking about something upsetting at different times during the meal.

The fact that she is also pictured heading to her car looking extremely upset and distressed certainly implies that her husband was not merely giving her a "friendly medical check-up".
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The alternative then is to assume that these pictures are absolute proof that man was throttling, yes *throttling* his wife in a restaurant, in which situation she isn't doing anything about it, both are orderly seated, and no-one is intervening.

This thread shows amply why and how the paps have such an influence on the chronically impressionable.

I have not said he was throttling his wife and I don't think many others have either. But to suggest that because she wasn't throttled and didn't walk away with big black finger impressions around her throat that what Saaatchi did wasn't violent shows a really poor understanding of domestic violence. Domestic violence spans from emotional abuse right through to murder. Surely grabbing someone by the throat in most circumstances is a violent act isn't it? This was done as part of a witnessed heated exchange. Why would he suddenly switch from having a row with her to checking her glands (very badly by squeezing far too hard)?

Yes, Nigella didn't appear to fight him off. That could be because it was nothing. I don't think the pictures show that it was nothing. The fact that she seemed passive could equally be due to fear and the knowledge that resisting would make things much worse for her when she got home.
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that she is also pictured heading to her car looking extremely upset and distressed certainly implies that her husband was not merely giving her a "friendly medical check-up".

... or that she was looking / feeling unwell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

of course, because the conversation couldnt have been that something might be wrong with her and it upset her, or that she is upset about something else, anything else that might have been discussed that lunchtime?

i would love to see 24/7 photos of your life and read things into it thats not there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    I have not said he was throttling his wife and I don't think many others have either. But to suggest that because she wasn't throttled and didn't walk away with big black finger impressions around her throat that what Saaatchi did wasn't violent shows a really poor understanding of domestic violence. Domestic violence spans from emotional abuse right through to murder. Surely grabbing someone by the throat in most circumstances is a violent act isn't it? This was done as part of a witnessed heated exchange. Why would he suddenly switch from having a row with her to checking her glands (very badly by squeezing far too hard)?

Yes, Nigella didn't appear to fight him off. That could be because it was nothing. I don't think the pictures show that it was nothing. The fact that she seemed passive could equally be due to fear and the knowledge that resisting would make things much worse for her when she got home.

you seem to assume that some of us here have no knowledge of DV? I work with victims and perpetrators on a regular basis.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty shocked at those looking for excuses for what he was doing. Disgusting and you should be ashamed
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you seem to assume that some of us here have no knowledge of DV? I work with victims and perpetrators on a regular basis.

Ok. Are you suggesting that since there were no bruise marks around Nigella's throat and she apparently never stopped breathing and din't try to fight him off, this cannot have been domestic violence? That appeared to be Welshlad's argument and I disagree with that whole premise and think it shows a lack of appreciation of the spectrum of behaviours which domestic violence covers.
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking for an alternative explanation for a series of individual, out of context photos in a tabloid newspaper.

How terrible.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Im not saying domestic abuse isn't happening but those pictures aren't a depiction of it.

It looks like he's feeling her glands, and in the last one he's checking her nose.

She isn't resisting, and both are seated.
    If something as violent as throttling is happening I doubt they'd be sat like that.

The story says this:
    "Fellow diners and passers-by at Scott’s in Mayfair were shocked to see the *advertising *multimillionaire reduce his celebrity wife to tears.

Saatchi launched a tirade of angry words. Four times he grasped her around the neck with Nigella, 53, looking powerless and petrified.

At first he used only his left hand, then both. At one stage he tweaked her nose then pushed both hands in her face. Twice Nigella jerked her head backwards as if in fear.

Several times she nodded *intently while the conversation became more and more heated.

By the end of the meal she was clearly distraught and in tears."
    “It was utterly shocking to watch,” said one onlooker. “I have no doubt she was scared. It was horrific, *really. She was very tearful and was *constantly dabbing her eyes.

“Nigella was very, very upset. She had a real look of fear on her face. No man should do that to a woman. She raised her voice and got angry but at the same time was trying to calm him down, almost like you would try to calm down a child.

"The kiss was a strange thing. He was being *intimidating, *threatening.

“And yet she kissed him. She *appeared to be a woman who loves him but was clearly unable to stop him being abusive, *frightening and *disrespectful to her.”

Unless they were arguing violently about whether she had the flu I can't see his actions as 'checking her glands'.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    TBH, getting hold of some one's throat from across a table, isn't an action that would normally happen when having lunch , is it?
    She maybe holding his hand to stop him getting both of them around her throat.

From the look on her face, it doesn't appear to be a pleasant encounter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So the majority of men 'on here' are domestic abusers are they?
    I've never even hit the cat.

I did squash a spider once though.

I can't be doing with 'blaming the victim' though, until you've walked in those shoes, you'll never really understand, I suspect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    My guess is that someone has reported it to the police regardless of whether the paper themselves did. I doubt he'll be prosecuted though.
    Wouldn't she have to report it for the police to be involved?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geniusgirl wrote: »
    Pretty shocked at those looking for excuses for what he was doing. Disgusting and you should be ashamed

Or...

You should be ashamed of yourself for jumping to a conclusion based on such flimsy evidence.

And...

I don't think anyone has been 'making excuses' - merely pointing out that how a tabloid rag chooses to spin a story is no indication of its accuracy.

It may be abusive behaviour - but also, it may not be what it's claimed to be.
  • Options
    cyberwarcyberwar Posts: 4,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    I am really shocked by this and hope she leaves him. I am a huge fan of Nigella and those pictures are really upsetting to see.

I don't think she will be leaving him, apparently she kissed him on the cheek afterwards.

He probably attacks her all the time(as he was comfortable to do it in public), she must be used to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    Ok. Are you suggesting that since there were no bruise marks around Nigella's throat and she apparently never stopped breathing and din't try to fight him off, this cannot have been domestic violence? That appeared to be Welshlad's argument and I disagree with that whole premise and think it shows a lack of appreciation of the spectrum of behaviours which domestic violence covers.

no, I havent said that at all, thats not my argument, I know the full spectrum of behaviours and how the dynamics often work, my point is that these 4, yes only 4 pictures, do not show conclusive evidence of someone being attacked or intimidated or frightened, my first instinct (bearing in mind that I naturally look out for people minimising risks to themselves or others to my job) was not that he was attacking her.
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    nanscombe wrote: »
    Looking for an alternative explanation for a series of individual, out of context photos in a tabloid newspaper.

How terrible.

Exactly right. Maybe The Mirror is trying to win a caption contest. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    I think that she had something stuck in her throat and he was helping her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no, I havent said that at all, thats not my argument, I know the full spectrum of behaviours and how the dynamics often work, my point is that these 4, yes only 4 pictures, do not show conclusive evidence of someone being attacked or intimidated or frightened, my first instinct (bearing in mind that I naturally look out for people minimising risks to themselves or others to my job) was not that he was attacking her.

So what the witnesses say doesn't mean anything?
This discussion has been closed.