Options

How many FB friends do you have? & losing Twitter followers

1235»

Comments

• Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have 235 Friends on facebook. Most of those are from where I friended people for the FB games. But I got bored of those. Still getting around culling this number.

On Twitter I am following 102 and being followed by 83
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a Facebook. When I had a twitter i had about 500+ followers and i followed the same amount. Met not one person of there.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's with all these bots on Twitter?

I find my football tweets are often 'favourited' by profiles that seem to be girls from the US in their late teens and twenties judging from the photos, then when you look at their tweets it's all 'How to gain Twitter followers' and 'Fast Twitter followers here' and some link.

I don't know what they're aiming to do. I report them for spam and they disappear but new ones keep coming up all the time. I think they are targeting males who tweet about sport, with photos (maybe stolen off Facebook or Bebo) of young girls and random made up names like 'Leanne Exilus'.

I'm not sure how it works with bots - I get alot of such people following me. I'm almost thinking I should switch off email notifications for when someone new follows me because invariably, I have no idea who they are and dont wish to chat with them as they don't seem real and only seem to advertise things.

I've also noticed times when someone I dont know favourites a really random tweet, like me saying to someone else thanks for the chat but I better be going or something random like that - why would someone want to favourite such a tweet? it seems peculiar.
  • Options
    Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    337 twitter followers, although I no longer use twitter. 3 acquaintances on Facebook, and one parent. I have no friends. I really need to have a cull.

Yup, I'm sad and lonely.
  • Options
    scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I registered a Facebook account in '08 but only started to use it last year. I've around 60 friends - some I know, some who've hit me up with friend requests and a few recording artists I've requested. No family added (no real need to have them on it) and I use a pseudonym so people who know me won't find me unless they received a tip-off. :D I've found quite a few people I know from the past on it but I usually don't request them unless I particularly fancy getting back in touch.

I'm most interesting in a few of the Facebook groups and getting updates from musicians I like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    I've 121 friends on facebook. I think all of them except maybe 5 or so, are friends and family. Some I've seen recently, some not so much. Others are local businesses.

I have 632 followers on twitter. I think maybe 30 I know personally. :o
  • Options
    ML11ML11 Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do not do social networking as I like to remain anonymous, other than that I have a few associates at the pubs. It's being said now that if you are not on Facebook then you have something to hide, the less people know of me the better.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ML11 wrote: »
    I do not do social networking as I like to remain anonymous, other than that I have a few associates at the pubs. It's being said now that if you are not on Facebook then you have something to hide, the less people know of me the better.

What do you have to hide then?.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did have 188 friends on Facebook last night and this morning i have 187. I must have offended someone by sharing my pictures from last night's taping of 'The one and only Cilla' :D
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I currently have 157 friends on Facebook, that has decreased over the last few months, as I deleted some I haven't spoken too in for a while.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member
    I rejoined FB so I could IM one person.

So I have one friend, and if MSN was still available I'd not have gone back to FB.

I have a Twitter account but had to sign up to "follow" my company... I can't even remember my username or password and have never been on it since the day I signed up.

Zero.

My FB is locked down... HARD! :D
    My Twitter is as anonymous as I can make it.
    And so it will remain.

An email, a telephone, a pair of legs and a car is all I need for contact with friends and family. And if I wish to waste time, I can do it on here. :cool: