Options

The negative Xbox 180 thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    I'd rather get a 360 for the small number of exclusives I would not mind trying, but the controller is weird, D pad and left joystick wrong way round..
  • Options
    redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Holy shit why do you need a negative thread about anything. If you don't like a console or don't want a console. There is a very special thing you can do. Its called not buy it. It is really bad form to go around rubbishing peoples choices on what consumer product they buy especially when many people have worked hard and saved what money they can to buy a console.

I am not saying that the merits (Or otherwise) of the Xbox One and PS4 cannot be discussed but having an "Negative Xbox 180 Thread" is really bad form
  • Options
    gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Precisely, buy which machine you want, or both, and play them. Then find something else to do in your spare time apart from rubbishing the machine you didn't buy. People aren't going to change their decision because a faceless person told them their choice was rubbish.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    As the creator of the Xbox thread your trying to spoof, grow up. Really.

Plenty of other threads to discuss and slag the Xbox One, most of which just go round in circles. I created that thread so for those of us getting the console we can discuss what were looking forward too and such without the fear of it turning into another argument or debate.

and I created this thread for people to criticise the xbox one without fear of being reported. If I or anybody tries to enter a discussion in your thread the post is instantly reported and removed. Telling people to keep the thread positive, DM other forum members if you have a problem with what they post in the thread and instant reporting of posts is far more childish.
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    Holy shit why do you need a negative thread about anything. If you don't like a console or don't want a console. There is a very special thing you can do. Its called not buy it. It is really bad form to go around rubbishing peoples choices on what consumer product they buy especially when many people have worked hard and saved what money they can to buy a console.

I am not saying that the merits (Or otherwise) of the Xbox One and PS4 cannot be discussed but having an "Negative Xbox 180 Thread" is really bad form

Again its a thread to be critical, not necessarily negative. Just because I'm not buying the console means I cannot have an opinion? Bad form to rubbish peoples choices? We are talking about the machine here not peoples choice of buying it. Unlike a lot of people my opinion of the machine has been the same since it was announced. It wouldn't matter if 1 or 1,000,000,000 were buying it. Just because something has monetary value and hits the shops does not mean its immune to criticism.
    gamercraig wrote: »
    Precisely, buy which machine you want, or both, and play them. Then find something else to do in your spare time apart from rubbishing the machine you didn't buy. People aren't going to change their decision because a faceless person told them their choice was rubbish.

Hi, welcome back.
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and I created this thread for people to criticise the xbox one without fear of being reported. If I or anybody tries to enter a discussion in your thread the post is instantly reported and removed. Telling people to keep the thread positive, DM other forum members if you have a problem with what they post in the thread and instant reporting of posts is far more childish.

Your welcome to enter a discussion, but if it's going to be slating the Xbox then go elsewhere as it's not the point of that thread. Nothing childish about it, just some of us are sick of it always turning into Xbox v PS4 or Xbox vs the world thread. Some of us just want to talk about what were looking forward too and such which is the purpose of the thread.

By creating a thread in the PS sub-forums asking people to slate the Xbox One (which no matter how many ways you sugarcoat it that is what this thread is for) is childish. Asking people to keep their negative views or complaints out of one thread isn't!
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we really need the fanboy flame wars to continue onto the next console?

i own two of the current gen consoles(don't own a Wii but i have borrowed one from a family member) and quite frankly the flame wars this gen were v childish and immature

most of us are adults i suspect,what is it about gaming systems that turn us into kids trying to goad one side or the other

now the next gen i am buying a PS4,BUT and i repeat BUT the main reason is cost,£349.99 is easier to save up than £429.99 for the time needed,if MS weren't so obsessed with getting the Kinect 2.0 into the homes(which considering the recent u turn about it being a integral part of the console) and had sold the console sans Kinect for a similar price to the PS4 then i suspect i would have stayed on the the Xbox One
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is how I see it, and before I'm accused of bias or fanboyism, just take a look to the left and you'll see that I'm very much a multi-format gamer.

Microsoft are launching a shiny new console which will play some cool games, which is great. Now, I have been a loyal Xbox gamer for over a decade, but it's clear that the launch process has been nothing short of shambolic.

Their vision was muddled from the beginning, they were arrogant and condescending, their policies were suffocating, their PR bullshit is transparent, the pricing / value structure is wrong.

I don't take any joy in saying the above. I'm a gamer. I LOVE gaming. But I'm angry that Microsoft, who have shown so much promise and innovation over the years, have fouled up on so many levels.

The problem is, that it's near impossible to say any of this in the Xbox forum without some defensive, delusional zealot jumping on every word and twisting everything into an anti PS4 argument.

So while the thread title may be a little provocative, I think it's right that there is a place where Microsoft's mistakes can be discussed openly and honestly.

After all, the Xbox One hitting the shops is a very different proposition to the one announced all those months ago. And those changes have come about because of Microsoft hearing the criticism and reacting to it. Some people around here should really think about that..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK I agree the thread title isn't good, and the opening post was a clear attack on my thread which is what I've taken issue with.

My complaint about the console is MS bending over so quickly and changing their policies. They should have stuck to them but perhaps changed the 24 hour console check-in. Everything else was a sign of them trying to move the industry forward.

People wouldn't have been confused with all the changes.

Oh and I would sack their PR dept. If they just were more clear from the start and explained the advantages of their ideas we may not be in this mess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK I agree the thread title isn't good, and the opening post was a clear attack on my thread which is what I've taken issue with.

My complaint about the console is MS bending over so quickly and changing their policies. They should have stuck to them but perhaps changed the 24 hour console check-in. Everything else was a sign of them trying to move the industry forward.

People wouldn't have been confused with all the changes.

Oh and I would sack their PR dept. If they just were more clear from the start and explained the advantages of their ideas we may not be in this mess.

I would agree with that one,they had a massive following coming in from the Current Gen,and the PR department just massively screwed it up
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    This is how I see it, and before I'm accused of bias or fanboyism, just take a look to the left and you'll see that I'm very much a multi-format gamer.

Microsoft are launching a shiny new console which will play some cool games, which is great. Now, I have been a loyal Xbox gamer for over a decade, but it's clear that the launch process has been nothing short of shambolic.

Their vision was muddled from the beginning, they were arrogant and condescending, their policies were suffocating, their PR bullshit is transparent, the pricing / value structure is wrong.

I don't take any joy in saying the above. I'm a gamer. I LOVE gaming. But I'm angry that Microsoft, who have shown so much promise and innovation over the years, have fouled up on so many levels.

The problem is, that it's near impossible to say any of this in the Xbox forum without some defensive, delusional zealot jumping on every word and twisting everything into an anti PS4 argument.

So while the thread title may be a little provocative, I think it's right that there is a place where Microsoft's mistakes can be discussed openly and honestly.

After all, the Xbox One hitting the shops is a very different proposition to the one announced all those months ago. And those changes have come about because of Microsoft hearing the criticism and reacting to it. Some people should really think about that..

This is an excellent post Fastest Finger and i welcome your view on why you think Microsoft has made mistakes. However, i disagree about the point of needing this thread.

Many posts in the Xbox section have been removed, yes. But when some people feel the need for shouting 'Fanboy!' (childish) and mocking other members then it goes over the top and is no longer discussion but instead turns to personal attacks and obvious baiting.
  • Options
    gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    If this was any attempt at an adult discussion thread, it would be in the Xbox forum, with an adult title and be debated properly (well at least for the first few posts!)
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Do we really need the fanboy flame wars to continue onto the next console?

But its all we ever do - for everything, not just consoles.

Cokes better than Pepsi

Bold is better than Daz

However, its like the days of old when you all hanged round in the playground dissing spectrum owners if you owned a C64 and vice-versa.
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    This is an excellent post Fastest Finger and i welcome your view on why you think Microsoft has made mistakes. However, i disagree about the point of needing this thread.

Many posts in the Xbox section have been removed, yes. But when some people feel the need for shouting 'Fanboy!' (childish) and mocking other members then it goes over the top and is no longer discussion but instead turns to personal attacks and obvious baiting.

And as far as I'm concerned this thread was set up to bait and nothing more.

The Xbox positive stuff thread is much like an appriciation thread and as such has the same rules. In all other threads people are free to raise concerns, issues, problems and complaints about Xbox and MS so long as the posts are not personal in nature. The OP seems a little paranoid if they feel that criticism isn't allowed on DS other than in threads that say criticism is allowed.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this was any attempt at an adult discussion thread, it would be in the Xbox forum, with an adult title and be debated properly (well at least for the first few posts!)

I wouldn't want to insult the OP by suggesting their motives weren't honourable, but now the thread's here we may as well use it for a sensible discussion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't want to insult the OP by suggesting their motives weren't honourable, but now the thread's here we may as well use it for a sensible discussion.

I don't think that is what he is after. I think he wants a thread where you can just slate the console without any form of counter argument.

I think we cover all points of the console quiet well in the many other threads with a good discussion. Sometimes it gets a little out of hand but it's not as bad as it used to be years ago.

This thread just reminds me of the darker times here where the forums just turned into a mess.

Anyway, it's annoying me a little so I'm going to leave this thread now. Will make him happy. :p
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think that is what he is after. I think he wants a thread where you can just slate the console without any form of counter argument.

I think we cover all points of the console quiet well in the many other threads with a good discussion. Sometimes it gets a little out of hand but it's not as bad as it used to be years ago.

This thread just reminds me of the darker times here where the forums just turned into a mess.

Anyway, it's annoying me a little so I'm going to leave this thread now. Will make him happy. :p
    perhaps we should just post positive points about the Xbox instead. ;)

I'll start. I do like their vision on controlling all your AV equipment with your voice :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was going to stay out of this thread but the bolded statement for me is just so full of irony i had to comment

So it basically comes down to its ok for you to create a thread about being positive and not to be challenged by any negative thoughts or counter arguments

but when somebody creates a thread about being negative and where positive thoughts and counter arguments aren't allowed then there is a problem

For me it should be one thread where everything is discussed, the moment that you created the 'positive' thread i had a problem with it but i staying on topic when i made my post in it, that fact of the matter is there are some people on these forums that just don't want to discuss the negative aspects of X1 and that is going to be a problem when discussing something on a discussion forum
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I was going to stay out of this thread but the bolded statement for me is just so full of irony i had to comment

So it basically comes down to its ok for you to create a thread about being positive and not to be challenged by any negative thoughts or counter arguments

but when somebody creates a thread about being negative and where positive thoughts and counter arguments aren't allowed then there is a problem

For me it should be one thread where everything is discussed, the moment that you created the 'positive' thread i had a problem with it but i staying on topic when i made my post in it, that fact of the matter is there are some people on these forums that just don't want to discuss the negative aspects of X1 and that is going to be a problem when discussing something on a discussion forum

OK I know I said I was leaving this thread but I think I should comment. I get your points fully.

But there is a difference in the threads. One is designed to get a community together to discuss our excitement for the console. The Xbox community is almost non-existent in these forums so I was trying to bring people together into a thread where they know it won't turn like every other thread in this forum and end up being a flame war or argument.

This thread is different, just look at the opening post:
    No xbox one friend circles in this thread please! No sitting around holding hands blindingly telling each other about how great things will be. No stance changing, pretending its what you wanted when they do another 180. No reporting of negative comments.

That is a clear attack on my thread. Speedloafer has an issue with that one thread, while forgetting just about every other thread in this forum about the X1 has been open to debate without people reporting each other.

Want to create a thread to discuss the negative points of the console? Fine go ahead. Just don't be so blatantly obvious that your doing it because your unhappy that I'm trying to get a form of community spirit on the go again. I years ago got a lot of DS players together on the Xbox, I'm trying to do that again. If I had know there would have been so much resistance from this side of the forum I wouldn't' have bothered in the first place!!!!

Anyway, there is no point in going on but at least some people agree with me that this entire thread is just bating for an argument and hardly any substance.
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »

He could have worded the title better

I have no idea why this thread is still open. If i was to make a Negative thread to counter the 'Man Utd supporters thread' in the sports section for example i wouldn't last 30 minutes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to get the other thread title changed to the likes of "Xbox One community chat" or something.

To be clear, I wasn't wanting a thread for positive spin on the console. The title was supposed to be ironic since most threads about the X1 were of bad news. I thought it would be nice for once to have a positive thread on the console for potential owners to discuss it in a good light. I just wanted a thread for the Xbox community to have general chat about the console. To discuss what games their looking forward too and ideas of community nights etc.

I'm sorry some people on this forum can't see that was the purpose of the thread.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont have anything too negative to say as time will tell which platform I end up on. However I do think if time wasnt against them, which would create a lead for Sony, that MS would probably love to start again and possibly tweak the spec a lot more. Cant help but feel theyll be anxious to start work on the
    next gen after this and put the upcoming gen down as a forgotten moment.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your welcome to enter a discussion, but if it's going to be slating the Xbox then go elsewhere as it's not the point of that thread.

And that is exactly the point of this thread. "You can only comment in my thread if its pro xbox." And I know you will say Im welcome there but a quick read in the thread shows no discussion at all.

Retrospectively the title should read critical rather than negative, but what you are saying is 100% true. My anti xbox one stance is only seen as pro Sony, pro PS4. I have said many times I don't own a Sony anything. I had a PS1+2 and a 3 for a couple of weeks but I'm an xbox gamer. Have been for the last 8 years. I have become disillusioned with Microsoft but Im in no way pro Sony at all.

I didn't put in the xbox forum as it would be seen as baiting.
    He4rt wrote: »
    He could have worded the title better

I have no idea why this thread is still open. If i was to make a Negative thread to counter the 'Man Utd supporters thread' in the sports section for example i wouldn't last 30 minutes.
    On the Man Utd supporters thread Im sure the Utd fans disagree with each other and discussion takes place. I'm sure its not all pro United and any fan with something negative to say has his post removed.
  • Options
    FlatfishrayFlatfishray Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Well said, fastest finger. I have both PS3 and Xbox 360. I love my Xbox 360 more than my PS3 and originally thought that getting the XBox One first would be a no brainer for me.

But I've been so disappointed with MS over the last few months and simultaneously discovered PS+ so now the once less loved PS3 is now the console of choice and the once Golden Child Xbox has been sent to live in the spare room, where I play far less. I've pre-ordered the PS4 and am seriously considering getting a Vita too next year.

I dare say I will probably end up getting an Xbox One at some point, but although I'm excited about the PS4, part of me still feels a bit sad that MS didn't win my heart and mind with the XBox One.
  • Options
    redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Again its a thread to be critical, not necessarily negative. Just because I'm not buying the console means I cannot have an opinion? Bad form to rubbish peoples choices? We are talking about the machine here not peoples choice of buying it. Unlike a lot of people my opinion of the machine has been the same since it was announced. It wouldn't matter if 1 or 1,000,000,000 were buying it. Just because something has monetary value and hits the shops does not mean its immune to criticism.

If it is a thread to be critical and not negative, why have you titled it the "The Negative Xbox 180 thread" and "Please leave all positive comments at the door" the very nature of criticism means that some people are going to have some positive things to say about it. Can you please explain to me how this thread advances discussion about the Xbox One in any way whatsoever?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well said, fastest finger. I have both PS3 and Xbox 360. I love my Xbox 360 more than my PS3 and originally thought that getting the XBox One first would be a no brainer for me.

But I've been so disappointed with MS over the last few months and simultaneously discovered PS+ so now the once less loved PS3 is now the console of choice and the once Golden Child Xbox has been sent to live in the spare room, where I play far less. I've pre-ordered the PS4 and am seriously considering getting a Vita too next year.

I dare say I will probably end up getting an Xbox One at some point, but although I'm excited about the PS4, part of me still feels a bit sad that MS didn't win my heart and mind with the XBox One.

I feel exactly the same,i was waiting to be wowed,but it just never happened,to me it felt like i met a beautiful girl had a wonderful few dates then when it came to it,no connection whatsoever