Dog owner letting dog poop on my front lawn

ScousingScowlerScousingScowler Posts: 934
Forum Member
✭✭
Every weekend there is a fresh dog turd on my front lawn, pretty sure it is a dog.

Can never catch the culprit in the act, lazy ass dog owner probably walks their dog really late at night or really early in the morning to avoid having to face up to their responsibility of cleaning up after their pet.

What's the best way of prevent this from happening without resorting to buying expensive CCTV system?

Comments

• artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every weekend there is a fresh dog turd on my front lawn, pretty sure it is a dog.

Can never catch the culprit in the act, lazy ass dog owner probably walks their dog really late at night or really early in the morning to avoid having to face up to their responsibility of cleaning up after their pet.

What's the best way of prevent this from happening without resorting to buying expensive CCTV system?
    Buy a cheap CCTV. There's plenty around. Then, if you find it's one of your neighbours, collect, put it in a bag and take round to them saying "I think you forgot your turd matey".
  • jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd paint a large sign in fluorescent paint, maybe on a sheet on something equally large and which can be weighed down/pegged at the corners, and lay it out on the grass at the weekend. Or maybe strung up between trees/fences? Whatever makes the most impact.

"PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW YOUR DOG TO SHIT ON MY LAWN. THANK YOU"
  • CABINETCABINET Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be a fox. We have their offerings on a regular basis >:(>:(>:(.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,895
    Forum Member
    Yeah, foxes have gone mad lately. Tons of them around, never used to be.

Also, their poo-poos are unimaginably stinky. You can smell them from about 20 feet away.
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

CCTV. Then find out who it is and re- enact the Jim Carrey scene from Me, Myself and Irene on that persons lawn :)
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    You can get battery operated units that stick in the soil and they emit a high pitched noise that makes animals uncomfortable to be near them, so they run off.
    They work for dogs and cats..........not sure about foxes.

You site them near where the poo is usually deposited and aim them where you think the animal would squat to do its business.

The batteries last a few months at a time.

Probably cheaper than a CCTV.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    if it`s a dog it might be a runner.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have exactly the same problem. There is a strip of 'common land' in front of our garden where people walk their dogs and one of our neighbours, who lives on the opposite side of this land, lets his dog roam around freely. This neighbour told me how much his dog liked my garden! When I pointed out to him that his dog was leaving us little presents he got really defensive telling me I couldn't prove it. I can't prove it of course although I'm sure his dog is one of the main culprits.

The only solution seems to be that we will have to erect a fence around our garden.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    This is my pet hate (no pun intended.) I find it bloody disgusting. I occasionally find the odd turd in my garden and it angers me. Worst is my son was playing at the swing park outside his nursery and boys will be boys started rolling down a small hill. Well he rolled on shit!! Luckily he had his old clothes on and they went in the bucket. Went home and he went straight into the bath and I phoned the environmental health.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cats do surprisingly big turds too, though I admit they often have the manners to bury them.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    badger poo is another possibility.
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    Cats do surprisingly big turds too, though I admit they often have the manners to bury them.

Tell that to gardeners who uncover their turds all the time . I would much rather a dog crap in my garden than a cat .Cats are vindictive in their toilet habits . bloody burying it and then i come along and uncover such filth .