Options

Nasty Ebayer

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have received the email below in response to a question I asked about an item she is selling

Firstly, she basically said read the item description

I said thank you but I did and was still confused, so would like it to be clarified for me.

She was rude to me about that then told her not to bother me again, then got this just now. Basically taking offence at me asking a question, implying I am stupid and ignoring me saying not to bother me again.

I got this email just now after telling her not to bother me.

'I did no such thing i just said i wish people would read i make things clear and had already said this was the case only, if you can't see that and it was confusing then i answered your question'

Regards

She basically wants to be nasty - all I did was ask a question and getting a load of rudeness for it.

What should I do?

Comments

• Options
    SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cstar2229 wrote: »
    What should I do?
    Move on and forget about it. These things happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »
    Move on and forget about it. These things happen.

and let an ebayer get away with being rude?

What upset me is she ignored me when I told her not to bother me again.

The matter was closed for me yesterday but she is deciding to take her insanity out on me for asking a valid question out on me about an item she is selling.
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it with people on eBay this week?

Yes, you could get really nasty, give her negative feedback, whatever, if you really feel that would solve the situation, or make you feel better. Or you could rise above it, be the better person, forget it and move on.For all you know, this person's closest relative could have died and she's a complete mess. You haven't got the full picture. Just leave it. Not worth pursuing, especially as you haven't even bought the item.
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    Oh for goodness sake forget about it! I doubt after the last email above she'll get in contact again. And tbh if that's what you consider nasty then you must lead a sheltered life!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for goodness sake forget about it! I doubt after the last email above she'll get in contact again. And tbh if that's what you consider nasty then you must lead a sheltered life!

:D
    I reckon it's the Olympics. In the absence of sporting ability, everyone just wants to win arguments instead. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Whoa - I told her not to bother me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your wishes, sadly, have no legal standing. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    What is it with people on eBay this week?

Yes, you could get really nasty, give her negative feedback, whatever, if you really feel that would solve the situation, or make you feel better. Or you could rise above it, be the better person, forget it and move on.For all you know, this person's closest relative could have died and she's a complete mess. You haven't got the full picture. Just leave it. Not worth pursuing, especially as you haven't even bought the item.

I know it seems to be silly season on there

I have been ebaying for years and not come across the aggro I have seen and had in the last month!

Anyone professional would separate any aggro at home to their business life.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I come across unpleasant ebayers I add them to my blocked bidders list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your wishes, sadly, have no legal standing. :cool:

deleted
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What should I do?

You have got 3 options

1.Continue this back & forth spatz with her (Although that wont solve anything)
    2.Complain to ebay (Depends if they look into it or not)
    3.Just get on with your life (This is your best bet)
  • Options
    Forum Member

And her email could have crossed over with your last one telling her that. They don't all arrive immediately you click send. And as I intimated I don't read that as nasty. Not even rude in fact. You're best off forgetting about it and ignoring her and anything she is selling in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    You have got 3 options

1.Continue this back & forth spatz with her (although that wont solve anything)
    2.Complain to ebay (Depends if they can be bothered to look into it)
    3.Just get on with your life (This is your best bet)

No I'm not feeding 'the troll' and it was over last night as far as I was concerned.

I told her not to bother me again last night
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And her email could have crossed over with your last one telling her that. They don't all arrive immediately you click send. And as I intimated I don't read that as nasty. Not even rude in fact. You're best off forgetting about it and ignoring her and anything she is selling in the future.

She is certainly on block, I thought it would block any communication as well, much like you can block anyone's messages on here when you block people.

I certainly don't want to see her unwanted emails anymore!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how exactly was she "rude" to you initially ? Before you told her 'not to bother you' ?.

That seems to be the crux of this issue ..

I do think some people can be a bit precious sometimes and take offence at the slightest thing, but I certainly am not a fan of people being randomly abusive in response to perfectly legitimate questions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So just immediately delete any further ones. I doubt though there will be any unless you reply reiterating your request for her to not contact you.again.
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The seller is probably thinking similar things about you.

Emails/the written word can cause all sorts of kerfuffle, because there is no inflection or body language to add to the mix. Is it possible that you came across as rude?

In any event, it's not worth stressing over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how exactly was she "rude" to you initially ? Before you told her 'not to bother you' ?.

That seems to be the crux of this issue ..

I do think some people can be a bit precious sometimes and take offence at the slightest thing, but I certainly am not a fan of people being randomly abusive in response to perfectly legitimate questions.

Rude is an opinion - other posters seem to think she wasn't rude but I was offended by her replies to a question about an item.

If it makes me oversensitive then so be it, I am still offended by someone's reply - other posters on here get offended by things that don't bother me in the slightest so that makes them oversensitive? No - some things bother people that don't bother others - I don't think it is anyone's place to judge what is oversensitive or not.

What upset me this morning is I had moved on and she ignored my wishes to not be bothered about the matter anymore.
  • Options
    SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The vast majority of eBay transactions will go perfectly smoothly. Unfortunately a minority of sellers and buyers are moderately unreasonable, some are incompetent, and a few are quite mad. There's rarely anything to be gained from getting entangled in squabbles – particularly in this case as it doesn't seem that a transaction has actually taken place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jasvinyl wrote: »
    The seller is probably thinking similar things about you.

Emails/the written word can cause all sorts of kerfuffle, because there is no inflection or body language to add to the mix. Is it possible that you came across as rude?

In any event, it's not worth stressing over.

How is asking a question being rude?

Do so an so contain so an so?

She basically said read the description but something confused me and I said it did confuse me.

She went ballistic because I told her I was confused and could she clarify it.

Now that is oversensitive imo!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So just immediately delete any further ones. I doubt though there will be any unless you reply reiterating your request for her to not contact you.again.

That got ignored - hopefully she will stop bothering me now. I haven't replied as there is nothing more to say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »
    The vast majority of eBay transactions will go perfectly smoothly. Unfortunately a minority of sellers and buyers are moderately unreasonable, some are incompetent, and a few are quite mad. There's rarely anything to be gained from getting entangled in squabbles – particularly in this case as it doesn't seem that a transaction has actually taken place.

I think I got the mad one and yes I have walked away
  • Options
    GlowstickGlowstick Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    What is it with people on eBay this week?.

and what is it with you pouncing on their threads telling them how silly theyre being over and over in a righteous manner?

theres some irony here if you care to look. :cool:
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on edge just reading this.

Easy to see why a person could snap with such a writing style as the OPs.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is asking a question being rude?

Do so an so contain so an so?

She basically said read the description but something confused me and I said it did confuse me.

She went ballistic because I told her I was confused and could she clarify it.

Now that is oversensitive imo!

From the email, you consider rude, and presumably contained within the description:

"i make things clear and had already said this was the case only"

Why would you think the case contained anything when it is stated clearly it was the case ONLY?

Perhaps there was no need to be rude to your initial email, but as you chose not to quote that response, we only have your word that it was rude.
This discussion has been closed.