Options

Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Have Split Up

Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
Forum Member
Just seen it on Twitter.

Finally, seemed to have been rumoured for ages.

Comments

• Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just seen it as well but the link to the statement on her site is dead. Must be overloaded with folk clicking the link.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's true that's sad - I hate marriage break ups :(
    Having said that though, on the surface anyway, they seem so unalike (if that's a word!)
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just reading it too.

Shame.
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    Here's the statement:

It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate. We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate. We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time. We have always conducted our relationship privately, and we hope that as we consciously uncouple and coparent, we will be able to continue in the same manner.

Love,

Gwyneth & Chris
  • Options
    SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the rumours of affairs were therefore true?

It's a shame that as they didn't pimp their relationship out to the press, that some people then think they didn't love each other as much as people who do.

Uncouple....the new word for divorce
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    *enters thread*

*leaves two red roses*

*tearfully leaves*
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mirror have the story as well

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/gwyneth-paltrow-chris-martin-split-3285899

I'm actually not hugely surprised at this i must admit, but ten years together is a long time I suppose.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Mirror have the story as well

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/gwyneth-paltrow-chris-martin-split-3285899

I'm actually not hugely surprised at this i must admit, but ten years together is a long time I suppose.

As far as the world of the famous goes it's virtually an enternity
  • Options
    emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    It's really sad for them. I do love Chris Martin though, but don't marry your first girlfriend/boyfriend! He just strikes me as a hopeless romantic. It will be interesting to see who Gwyneth goes for next...

And I hope it leads to a return to depressing, Parachutes-type songs, which I really loved. Although new song 'Magic' is fantastic - tinged with sadness now though. :(
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really not shocked by this and had a feeling they were trying to save their marriage. Don't ask me why I thought this:confused:
    Very sweet and sad statement they made. Awwww. Hopefully the can remain a happy family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The picture Gwyneth released of them together was lovely.
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Makes you wonder how much time they actually spent together in those 10 years.
    She's got 20 titles on her IMDB-list for the last ten years, he's not exactly been sitting at home with tea and biscuits waiting patiently for her to come home...
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    Makes you wonder how much time they actually spent together in those 10 years.
    She's got 20 titles on her IMDB-list for the last ten years, he's not exactly been sitting at home with tea and biscuits waiting patiently for her to come home...

Yep. I've seen it happen before - folk getting married and then not spending much time together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think you can be a couple and have your own lives. It's that lifestyle of being around rich, attractive people all the time must be difficult for fidelity. You never have a humdrum day where you're happy to go back to the other person.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I like Chris Martin, but have never liked Goopy.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was hoping they would stay together so they could have two more kids that they could name Transmission and Paint Brush.

^^ This cracked me up ^^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep. I've seen it happen before - folk getting married and then not spending much time together.

Lol at your username.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww :(
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity they seemed very suited to each other. They are both personally seem to be very annoying people to live with. I wonder who might put up with them. Maybe Tom Cruise because he is odd or Prince he changed his name to a symbol that would be a good match.

Mine you I expect it will run to form and be a yoga teacher or backing dancer up next.
  • Options
    jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluescope wrote: »
    Pity they seemed very suited to each other. They are both personally seem to be very annoying people to live with. I wonder who might put up with them. Maybe Tom Cruise because he is odd or Prince he changed his name to a symbol that would be a good match.

Mine you I expect it will run to form and be a yoga teacher or backing dancer up next.

how do you know?

How can you make such a statement?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Watch a Chris Martin interview, he is lovely and endearing. He's like a puppy. Not annoying at all.

Gwyneth has put herself out there with Goop, but I think she's egotistical but harmless.

I will not hear a bad word about Chris.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, I wonder if it was anything to do with the Vanity Fair 'take down' piece that never appeared.
  • Options
    WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    Just seen it on Twitter.

Finally, seemed to have been rumoured for ages.

Charming. **rolleyes**
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hippy dippy clowns
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    I'm really not shocked by this and had a feeling they were trying to save their marriage. Don't ask me why I thought this:confused:
    Very sweet and sad statement they made. Awwww. Hopefully the can remain a happy family.

Same. Saw it coming a mile off.
    I don't really care much - they're both far too narcissistic to love anybody other than themselves.