Options

Has Wossy just 'outed' Andi Peters?

Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
Forum Member
Hi.

I'm listening to JR's Radio 2 show and his producer (Andy) made a comment that he found Andi Peters irritating. JR then said it's because Andy's homophobic and afraid that he'll get bum*ed by a gay man.

I thought AP was camp and it's none of my business as to whether he's gay or straight, but has Wossy just confirmed what's common knowledge or not?

If I was AP and wanted to keep my sexuality to myself, I wouldn't be too pleased that it's been broadcast over the national airwaves (and now speculated on in an internet forum...the irony hasn't been lost).

Comments

• Options
    fluffybunyipfluffybunyip Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi.

I'm listening to JR's Radio 2 show and his producer (Andy) made a comment that he found Andi Peters irritating. JR then said it's because Andy's homophobic and afraid that he'll get bum*ed by a gay man.

I thought AP was camp and it's none of my business as to whether he's gay or straight, but has Wossy just confirmed what's common knowledge or not?

If I was AP and wanted to keep my sexuality to myself, I wouldn't be too pleased that it's been broadcast over the national airwaves (and now speculated on in an internet forum...the irony hasn't been lost).

Ross is just a tongue-in-cheek comedian, not all of what he says is meant. The other week he called Rory McGragh a "big gay bear" when he isn't. It's just his personal humour, whether we agree with/like it or not!
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross is just a tongue-in-cheek comedian, not all of what he says is meant. The other week he called Rory McGragh a "big gay bear" when he isn't. It's just his personal humour, whether we agree with/like it or not!

I wonder how much sense of humour he'd have if people started making presumptuous remarks about him because he expressed an opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I might be completely wrong, but I actually that Andi Peters was gay. It might have been some other tv presenter from my childhood.
  • Options
    magic boxmagic box Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I thought he came out years ago??????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote:
    I wonder how much sense of humour he'd have if people started making presumptuous remarks about him because he expressed an opinion.

I didn't say it was right, I said that what he says isn't always true.
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    magic box wrote:
    I thought he came out years ago??????

He might have done...but I was probably asleep at the time.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't say it was right, I said that what he says isn't always true.

I realise that. I wasn't criticising you :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote:
    I realise that. I wasn't criticising you :cool:

Oh *winds neck back in* :D
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I wasn't aware Andi Peters had ever been "in" :confused:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember the story that did the rounds about 12 years ago that Andi Peters and Gary Barlow were an item?

OT

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that AP is gay.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh I thought it was common knowledge he was gay!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did I not think he was gay :eek:
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people "know" that he is gay, but I don't think he has ever officially confirmed it. I don't know that he's ever denied it either though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought he was openly gay until reading this thread :confused:

But what do I know, I thought H from Steps was openly gay, until he made his announcement before CBB !
  • Options
    Beth HartBeth Hart Posts: 6,183
    Forum Member
    If he did then he'd not be the first, it's pretty much common knowledge I thought, it was joked about with Sinita on Buzzcocks the other night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,449
    Forum Member
    I've known for a long time.

Not sure how I found out but don't think its ever been a secret... not since he left the BBC broomcupbord...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    Ross is just a tongue-in-cheek comedian

I wouldnt describe him as a comedian in any way, shape or form. I would describe him as innane, irritating and up his own arse.

Also, Andi Peters is a bender - its been common knowledge for years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    Not exactly the best kept secret in Showbiz was it ;) !
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    News to me, but I don't read tabloids or zeleb mags, so I wouldn't know unless it was announced on TV.

Couldn't give F to be honest either.
    Oh back to the topic
    If he hasn't come out officially it's definately not Rossy's place to do it for him, a smack in the mouth would be fully deserved.

Soon be time for TV Burp :)
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andi Peters outed??! Shock horror! :rolleyes: :D

Just because he hasn't had the obligatory fanfare of being officially 'outed' doesn't change the fact most people figured it out for themselves long ago!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i always thought andi peters was a buddhist.......???
  • Options
    Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've known he was gay for a long time. Can't remember how I know, I just assume it's because it's common knowledge.
  • Options
    GlenGlen Posts: 12,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rugby Rose wrote:
    I've known he was gay for a long time. Can't remember how I know, I just assume it's because it's common knowledge.
    Have you? Did he tell you personally, that was nice of him?
    I think you mean you heard suggestions of his sexual orientation some time ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,314
    Forum Member
    gandatron wrote:
    i always thought andi peters was a buddhist.......???

Many forms of Buddhism, doesn't discriminate against homosexuals, like Japanese Buddhism, in which there is no distinction between homosexual and heterosexual sex, and mutually loving relationships, of any gender, are promoted.
  • Options
    rhythmbanditrhythmbandit Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was married with kids :o