Just Been Caught By A Speed Camera

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    intheknow wrote:
    Road deaths have been dropping off for years because of safer cars with airbags and crumple zones. If they put the money from speed cameras into cancer research they could save many more lives.

That doesn't stop the accidents though.

I'm not sure what the national fatality figures are, but in my area they remain fairly constant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a 30mph speed camera on the M80 ? at Moodiesburn near Glasgow heading north - not built up and a dual carriageway. There are no road works or any reason it should be 30mph imo.

I understand people getting upset at people speeding where it is highly populated, I hate seeing cars driving at high speed in residential areas but in a dual carriageway area it is expected to be above 30mph unless there is a contraflow or something.

I hate cameras, you end up looking at the speedo to check your speed, that you don't pay enough attention to the road conditions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    intheknow wrote:
    Road deaths have been dropping off for years because of safer cars with airbags and crumple zones. If they put the money from speed cameras into cancer research they could save many more lives.
    That would be far too sensible, remember we have fat cats to maintain in their big houses and big cars :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At last! someone with an ounce of sense on this subject!

Fact is....British people are stupid where money i concerned.

People will give handout after handout for whatever reason...and thats WHY the government and laws do this because British people are more than willing to pay up over the slightest thing.

If they put the fee up from £60 to £300 - people would still pay! if they put the TV licence up from £136 to £500 a year...people would still pay regardless....it's the same with fuel, if they put petrol up to £1.95 a litre....people would still pay....and beyond that.

Thats WHY the laws and government get away with it because Brits are simply stupid and will simply pay up....regardless.

They will have a quick moan...there will be a few petitions (all a storm in a teacup) but they WILL pay up whatever the cost.

I agree, add council tax to that - we are like sitting ducks.

Trouble is everyone is so scared to stand up to the authorites and the ones that do end up in prison.
  • Options
    mrshawtymrshawty Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cstar2229 wrote:
    There is a 30mph speed camera on the M80 ? at Moodiesburn near Glasgow heading north - not built up and a dual carriageway. There are no road works or any reason it should be 30mph imo.

I understand people getting upset at people speeding where it is highly populated, I hate seeing cars driving at high speed in residential areas but in a dual carriageway area it is expected to be above 30mph unless there is a contraflow or something.

I hate cameras, you end up looking at the speedo to check your speed, that you don't pay enough attention to the road conditions.

You should be looking at your speedo anyway, there is nothing dangerous at glancing at it which you are taught to do in your lessons.