The Ratings Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Steady ratings there.

For what's a comedy series, Sadie J isn't doing very well, especially considering it usually focuses on celebrity/current trends etc.

Seems only The Dumping Ground can actually be above that slot average then.

exc/inc +1
    Tipping Point: 2.16m (19.2%) / 2.25m (20.0%)

DOND seems higher with +1. A sudden rise for Countdown, surprised no one has noticed this. Common Denominator rather steady, Tipping Point doing brilliantly and Face the Clock (repeats going on what is said on here) are doing OK.

Would like the same CBBC ratings (Sparticle Mystery, All Over the Place USA and Deadly Mission Madagascar) for yesterday, but this time including Dani's Castle, Blue Peter and Fierce Earth (teatime, if that's the term you want to use for that block).

Regarding last night's ratings, The Chase and Pointless seem to be hovering around 3m, not much of a sudden rise but they need to give both shows a break. Tipping Point finishes it's current run on Tuesday I believe so the ratings for The Chase will make for interesting reading afterwards, as it isn't being given a 2m lead-in. Good for the football, didn't expect to see Emmerdale so close to EastEnders.

If anything I would say I didn't expect 2 see EE so close 2 ED as they both slightly clashed.
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Deleted. My bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Its not as if viewers couldnt switch over at 7.42 when Emmerdale ended. If the BBC were that concerned they could have run a lit late anyway. They seem to be masters at it on Christmas Day and Saturday nights. :rolleyes:

Yah by would they want 2 as they would have already have missed the start I no I wouldn't I waited 4 the bbc three repeat which in case u didn't notice was slightly higher then usual which means the clash did effect the show in some way :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    For what's a comedy series, Sadie J isn't doing very well, especially considering it usually focuses on celebrity/current trends etc.

The afternoon ratings do seem to be very low this week - but it is half term, so i'm wondering if that's effected it? CBBC have decided to premier two of their new shows All Over The Place USA and The Sparticle Mystery in the mornings, so maybe they know ratings are strong at that time during holidays.
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,549
    Forum Member
    ok whats really bothering you? Not a Liverpool fan by any chance?

don't say that, I'd hate to think I had anything in common with Robbie

joke :p
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yah by would they want 2 as they would have already have missed the start I no I wouldn't I waited 4 the bbc three repeat which in case u didn't notice was slightly higher then usual which means the clash did effect the show in some way :)

So there was about a 12 min clash. Probably more actually because EE usually starts early so I reckon half the episode was against EM. So it's okay for EE.

Why so many clashes? I cant remember there being so many.

Ken
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,891
    Forum Member
    j10cool10 wrote: »
    The afternoon ratings do seem to be very low this week - but it is half term, so i'm wondering if that's effected it? CBBC have decided to premier two of their new shows All Over The Place USA and The Sparticle Mystery in the mornings, so maybe they know ratings are strong at that time during holidays.

Most of the afternoon ratings are going to be lower than usual - so yes the fact it's half-term may have affected it. Some ratings are decent - take the documentary My Life on Tuesday, and of course last week when some of the UK were also on half-term The Dumping Ground still pulled in a respectable figure of 428k, though it will timeshift well.

They decided to premiere the two new shows because they feel there's a larger young audience available. 200k at 7:45am is pretty respectable, as is it in a 10:10am slot. However, it's also likely that on a school day, before kids go to school they would usually check to see what the CBBC/Cbeebies/kids channels have on offer, so early morning ratings may be as high or higher on a school day.
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't say that, I'd hate to think I had anything in common with Robbie

joke :p

Rest assured that I am not a Manc Liverpool supporter...

From George's gloating, and the fact he almost certainly works for ITV Sport (he has persistently failed to deny it), and presumably is a metropolitan media type living in the Home Counties, it's tied on he's a United fan.

:)

He might even have ventured forth to Stretford for a prawn cocktail every once in a while... ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rest assured that I am not a Manc Liverpool supporter...

From George's gloating, and the fact he almost certainly works for ITV Sport (he has persistently failed to deny it), and presumably is a metropolitan media type living in the Home Counties, it's tied on he's a United fan.

:)

He might even have ventured forth to Stretford for a prawn cocktail every once in a while... ;)

Good! I'm an Ipswich Town fan!!!!!:D

Come on you blues!! :o I haven't had much to celebrate about recently.

Ken
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A decent rating for the Liverpool match, ITV must hate it when a viewer grabbing team goes out......EE seems low but still beats EM (plus a good BBC3 figure).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1Ken wrote: »
    So there was about a 12 min clash. Probably more actually because EE usually starts early so I reckon half the episode was against EM. So it's okay for EE.

Why so many clashes? I cant remember there being so many.

Ken

Look at the overall shares.

BBC1 is pulling clear, leaving ITV a distant second. ITV struggles to come up with new hits.

So damage limitation means denting BBC1 wherever possible. There will be more clashes, and it wouldn't surprise me if Corrie and Em went to 7 eps a week before long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    A decent rating for the Liverpool match, ITV must hate it when a viewer grabbing team goes out......EE seems low but still beats EM (plus a good BBC3 figure).

They won't be too happy - but as United fans to a man, seeing Liverpool go has a silver lining...
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So damage limitation means denting BBC1 wherever possible.

If you were put in charge of scheduling and based it solely on grinding your very large axe [against a non-competitor] lubricated only by your tears of your frustration, I fear itv would not have recorded ad revenue growth in January & February of this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »

EE seems low coz of the 15min clash with ED hence the high bbc three repeat.
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone's know when Broadchurch is airing?

The trailer looks awesome. I'm predicting 6.5-7m for the premiere.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top 10 m/c
    1 ITV4 17:30 UEFA Europa League Live 1,415k 6.8%
    2 BBC3 21:00 Junior Doctors: Your Life in Their Hands 984k 4.2%
    3 ITV3 20:00 Vera 899k 3.9%
    4 ITV2 20:00 Funniest Ever You've Been Framed! 874k 3.8%
    5 ITV2 21:00 The Big Reunion 812k 3.4%
    6 E4 18:30 The Big Bang Theory 731k 3.4%
    7 BBC3 22:30 EastEnders 714k 4.6%
    8 E4 20:00 The Big Bang Theory 694k 3.1%
    9 E4 20:30 How I Met Your Mother 680k 2.9%
    10 BBC3 23:00 Family Guy 668k 5.6%

Excellent for the Spurs game, Vera, Big Reunion doing ok too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »

I think it could do very well for ITV.

Ken
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member

Monday 4th March, up against the second part of BBC1's Mayday.
  • mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Europa League doing brilliant business for ITV - Liverpool game rating almost bang in line with Arsenal Champions League game on Tuesday at approx 10% of the cost (maybe even a bit lower - can't really calculate precisely per game).

Of course lots of risk with the EL as less certainty who'll be in it and how far English clubs will go if they don't take it seriously - but ITV (/ITV4) got 8 Liverpool games and will get 10 Spurs games minimum even if they go out in last 16.

Will be interesting to see whether BT/Sky make a big play for the EL next time - it really is proving absolutely unbelievably good value for ITV this season.

Of course you could say if Man Utd go out to Real then they will have had bad value from the CL so swings and roundabouts to some degree. But even so, EL seems extraordinarily cheap at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What looks awesome about it, out of interest?

Looked a bit same old, same old to me. Ripper St looked awesome but didn't set the ratings alight. Last Tango looked dire but was the new drama hit of the year and won widespread acclaim.

I don't think the trailer will make a huge deal of difference.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Broadchurch to air from March 4
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,891
    Forum Member
    6 E4 18:30 The Big Bang Theory 731k 3.4%
    8 E4 20:00 The Big Bang Theory 694k 3.1%
    9 E4 20:30 How I Met Your Mother 680k 2.9%

Hmm, Big Bang repeats beating new HIMYM. I did expect that.
  • Joe40Joe40 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the same week we lose the narrator for Roobarb (Richard Briers), we now lose its animator Bob Godfrey as well, R.I.P.

(Henry's Cat)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nYpyib3Yi8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe40 wrote: »
    In the same week we lose the narrator for Roobarb (Richard Briers), we now lose its animator Bob Godfrey as well, R.I.P.

(Henry's Cat)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nYpyib3Yi8

Sad news indeed. I remember it very well as a kid.

R.I.P
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,625
    Forum Member
    Hmm, Big Bang repeats beating new HIMYM. I did expect that.
    Not by much though. HIMYM is rating very well this season for its standards.
This discussion has been closed.