[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
Forum Member
My vote at the minute goes to BBC radio Ulster's "Number 2s"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b046r7gm

it is superbly written and acted its just unfortunate the humour is so "Local"

Comments

• Condor7Condor7 Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    I have not heard all the programs as there are now eight series, but BBC Radio 4's Clare In The Community has been brilliant.
  • Mr PerksMr Perks Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the old timers that still make me laugh, like JAM and ISIHAC, John Finnimore's Souvenir Programme has me laughing out loud more than most sketch comedies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Could never get into Clare in the community. Clue is good but not as good as when Humph was in charge. I still love "The News Quiz" which for all its changes of presenter still delivers.

But Number 2's is in my opinion exceptional the writing talent is really good and has pedigree in Northern Ireland with the TV show "give my head peace" and "Tim McGarry's Ulster scots journey" and on both TV and Radio "The Blame Game".

How well they would translate to a bigger audience I'm not sure.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite new comedy currently airing is 'Stop/Start' written by and starring Jack Doherty. Frequently made me laugh out loud. Well worth a listen, IMO. (Always liked Jack since the days of 'Absolutely')

Also really enjoying An Actor's Life For Me with John Gordon Sinclair, Caroline Quentin and Gary Waldhorn. The episode I heard today where he ends up touring Jails and Asylums was brilliant.
  • thelockupthelockup Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    i always enjoyed the Jon Holmes Hugh Dennis thing on a friday evening, name escapes me at the moment. Or the thing with angus deyton where contesants invent the rounds themselves, again name escapes me. funny but with non rememberable titles obviously. :p
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thelockup wrote: »
    i always enjoyed the Jon Holmes Hugh Dennis thing on a friday evening, name escapes me at the moment. Or the thing with angus deyton where contesants invent the rounds themselves, again name escapes me. funny but with non rememberable titles obviously. :p

John Holmes's breakfast show on Xfm is funny. He does those "band name or brand of tent" type competitions which tend to have increasingly rude-sounding (but real) answers, plus his version of Thought for the Day - Thought for the Day for Satanists - and a review of desperate press releases. It's surprisingly smart for a commercial radio breakfast show.
  • barnaclebarnacle Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    thelockup wrote: »
    The now show on radio 4. Very funny and topical in places. Reminds me of spitting image and deadringers on tv.
  • AL89AL89 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really love "just a minute" and Dads Army ( just drift off to Walmington on Sea and I can picture everything) what's more I still laugh (need another tablet quick)
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AL89 wrote: »
    I really love "just a minute" and Dads Army ( just drift off to Walmington on Sea and I can picture everything) what's more I still laugh (need another tablet quick)

Agreed, I can listen to the same episode of Dad's Army several times in the same day and it is still funny. Many of the current 'comedy' programme have me reaching for the off or tuning control.

I used to never miss The News Quiz, even recording to listen later if busy, but rarely listen to it now.