Options

User name on websites

How do I make websites remember my user name ?
Everytime I go onto websites, I have to type my user name. It's a right pain.

Comments

• Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    look at cookies and your options to remember them
  • Options
    Helmut10Helmut10 Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In IE > Internet Options > Content Tab > AutoComplete > Settings > Under Forms tick 'Usernames and passwords on forms' I also tick 'Ask me before saving passwords.
    Also In IE > Internet Options > Privacy Tab > Advanced > Cookie handling.

You may have other interfering 'managers' installed that fiddle with settings for AutoComplete and Cookies as well like CCleaner, which maybe set to delete this information on start up, and thus defeating the settings in your Web Browser(s).

Other Web Browsers have similar settings, I'll let you find those.
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use a password manager called LastPass (others are available)

You can get it to remember the username/password for websites you use, then it will autofill those details on future visits.
  • Options
    mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    +1 for LastPass - I wouldn't like to be without it.

Also if your current PC goes kaput and you get a new one LastPass has your passwords stored in the cloud. Just make sure you remember the master password.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you open cCleaner, and go to options/cookies, then all the cookies present are listed in a box on the left of the screen.

Select one or more cookies, and press the "right" arrow in the centre of the screen. This will move those cookies to the box on the right, which is a list of cookies which aren't to be deleted.

If the list of cookies is very long, you can filter them using the search facility at the top of the left box.