Lost: The beginning

WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Watching out of interest and how Evangeline Lilly has changed. Didn't recognise her at first. Miss Kate, Jack, Locke & co.

Comments

• Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first seasons of lost where amazing TV. I recommend anyone to rewatch them after not seeing them in a while cause they're really entertaining. Went downhill after Season 3 IMO.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    The first season was brilliant. The second less so, and the third was probably the worst of the three for me. Once they were told that it would run for six seasons it seemed to give them a better idea of where the finishing line was and what pace they needed to proceed at. The later seasons were largely a return to form, but I'm still not sure what exactly I make of the finale.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    For a second there, I thought a prequel show was being launched (deceiving title) and was going to state that I'm still waiting for a satisfying ending of which I have yet to receive.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    As a concept LOST made for some great TV, a head-scratching, intriguing mystery with occasional episodes bordering on brilliance. However, as an overall story arc, it felt very much like it was make-it-up-as-you-go and the ending was terrible.
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved lost. The worst dip was season 4 I loved the rest. Especially 3
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    They had a plan
    Excellent series
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite series of all time. Seen it 3 times now. I reckon, for me, there'll never be a show like Lost.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Lost and watched it all the way through until almost the end!, I was so broke at the time that I cancelled my Sky subscription and never saw the last series!... I did ask for it one xmas and my daughter thought she bought it for me!, I didn't have the heart to tell her she had bought the wrong series!...:cry:.. she got me series 5 which was the last one i had managed to see!...... Anyway time had gone on by then and I just didn't bother with it anymore o So..... have never (after watching it all the way through)....... seen the end of it!....... :(
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Season 6 DVD is less than a tenner from Amazon these days, if it helps....
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Season 6 DVD is less than a tenner from Amazon these days, if it helps....

Is it?.... thanks, I may take a look... just not sure if the time has passed for me to get back into it now!.........:confused:
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm rewatching it on Sky catchup . The first episode I watched was Jack waking up in the Jungle and seeing a dog .I'm sure though that the first time I watched it there was a huge scene with the plane coming down on the beach . Have I missed an episode ?
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    I'm rewatching it on Sky catchup . The first episode I watched was Jack waking up in the Jungle and seeing a dog .I'm sure though that the first time I watched it there was a huge scene with the plane coming down on the beach . Have I missed an episode ?

First episode Jack wakes up and makes his way to the beach where it's the plane wreck and quite possibly my favourite opening to any television show.
  • nightporternightporter Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't recognise Emilie de Ravin. :o
  • JanielovesyouJanielovesyou Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trying to suss out when this was on and what channel it was on so I could watch it

anyone let me know please
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recently went through some mammoth sessions of rewatching Lost from the beginning.

Early on it really was excellent, stunning in almost every possible way - with the exception being Matthew "I can only do one facial expression" Fox.

There were still some excellent concepts well played out in later seasons, but I just couldn't bring myself to watch the finale - that would be way too painful going through the "WHAT THE JUDDERING F<<K HAVE THE WRITERS DONE".
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    For a second there, I thought a prequel show was being launched (deceiving title) and was going to state that I'm still waiting for a satisfying ending of which I have yet to receive.

Just convince yourself that season 6 didn't happen and it all ended with Juliette detonating the bomb.

I find it's better that way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    The most incredible TV series I’ve ever seen. If I could have my memories of the show wiped, just so I could experience the whole thing unspoiled again, I would! Everything about it is perfection – fanatastic, head-spinning writing, an amazing cast who absolutely gave it their all, brilliant direction, a truly stunning score by Michael Giacchino, and the most beautiful locations ever shown on the small screen. I don’t think I’ll ever see anything like it for a long time to come.
  • WoodbineWoodbine Posts: 14,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember staying up all night to watch the last ever episode as the same time as America, can't believe its been 10 years since the first episode aired.

As others said, the first season was brilliant but I did think they were dragging it out too long, still enjoyable though.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the first season was amazing and had more "Oh My God!" moments than any TV show I can remember. I still stick with it until the end and while there were some occasional fantastic scenes and episodes it never reached the heights of the early days.

I really should do a full rewatch sometime to see if it makes any more sense the second time around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Bester wrote: »
    The first season was brilliant. The second less so, and the third was probably the worst of the three for me. Once they were told that it would run for six seasons it seemed to give them a better idea of where the finishing line was and what pace they needed to proceed at. The later seasons were largely a return to form, but I'm still not sure what exactly I make of the finale.

I think the writers themselves even admitted that season 3 was not the best as they were fighting for an end date at the time, meaning they had to stall their plans of where they were heading and then season 4 got hit by the writers' strike.

I just finished binge watching the entire series for the second time this year and the finale makes me cry every time! Definitely one of my fave TV endings! Binge watching it actually makes so much stuff much more clear and I have found I have picked up clues and ideas the writers have put in.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 3 may have started a little rocky but the final 10 episodes of that season is my favourite run of the whole show.

Really felt like the story was finally moving forward which can't be said for the last 3 seasons which seemed to go around in circles.
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 3 wasn't the best but I don't think it was awful. As said about, the last half was brilliant, there were just a couple bad ones early on. Some were good though like Claire's Par Avion and Juliet's Not In Portland. Worst were Jack's Stranger in a Stranger Land and Kate's I Do
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimmya1 wrote: »

Thanks for this, will be placing an order soon. I only watched the seasons that were shown on C4 as I didn't have Sky/Virgin at the time so couldn't watch. By the time I got Sky One it'd finished. >:(:(

I was hooked right to when I couldn't watch any longer.
  • WoodbineWoodbine Posts: 14,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pucky wrote: »
    Thanks for this, will be placing an order soon. I only watched the seasons that were shown on C4 as I didn't have Sky/Virgin at the time so couldn't watch. By the time I got Sky One it'd finished. >:(:(

I was hooked right to when I couldn't watch any longer.
    If you've still got SKY or Netflix, all the seasons are on there.