lose brucie

knawtitypaosknawtitypaos Posts: 452
Forum Member
Following the words on the cards with his finger, and calling darcey dave ffs. Please resign while you have a little dignity left

Comments

• lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No we need him to criticise,he's part of SCD
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    it really grates that the judges are told to be quick whilst bruce rambles pointlessly on, and no-one can even attempt to stop him. :mad:
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show was fantastic tonight, please note it's live, Tess even fluffed a line or do,

Can you show us how to do it better?
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Every need to criticise!

With the obscene amount of license payer money he gets paid we have very right to expect professionalism - Brucie lost that a couple of series back!
  • LiliaprincessLiliaprincess Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I completely agree, he's just an embarrassment. He didn't even seem to know what he'd done wrong when he called Darcey, Dave. It's just cringeworthy.
  • belmontbabebelmontbabe Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Could I do better? No because I have no training or background in TV. But many many people would be better than him for sure.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,193
    Forum Member
    It is shocking the way the old fool is allowed to waffle on, Craig wasn't even given a chance to have his say at one point. :mad:
  • LurkingGoodLurkingGood Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brucie is fantastic, the show wouldn't be the same without him.
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Len showed Brucie how to do it better by keeping to time.
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Bruce should be honoured with the amount of threads that go up in his name. It seems a week can't go by without somebody starting one.
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He makes me cringe.
    He thinks it's all about him & it so isn't!
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harsh!

But seeing him struggling with the cue cards...I felt for him
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruce should be honoured with the amount of threads that go up in his name. It seems a week can't go by without somebody starting one.

Once one starts one etc. Brucie's centre stage for everyone who watches Strictly. :);)
  • isledanceisledance Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lealeeds wrote: »
    No we need him to criticise,he's part of SCD
    To criticise what? He knows nothing about Ballroom and it shows each time he tries to convince us that he does! Unbelievable!:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree, he's just an embarrassment. He didn't even seem to know what he'd done wrong when he called Darcey, Dave. It's just cringeworthy.

Then don't watch it.......duh !!!!
  • isledanceisledance Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brucie is fantastic, the show wouldn't be the same without him.
    No! Thank God....... Miles better....!
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see some of his critics and how they will be if or when they get to his age. He's still going because he can; he's got the history to back it up. He's been knighted. He will go when he knows it's time to not when you say he should. The fact that he makes mistakes that the elderly do makes him more endearing and normal to his fans.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    *paul* wrote: »
    Then don't watch it.......duh !!!!

Erm, just because some people don't like a host of a show doesn't mean those same people don't enjoy the main content.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see some of his critics and how they will be if or when they get to his age. He's still going because he can; he's got the history to back it up. He's been knighted. He will go when he knows it's time to not when you say he should. The fact that he makes mistakes that the elderly do makes him more endearing and normal to his fans.

Most people his age are quite happy to relax and enjoy their well earned retirement - not trying to do what they did 50 years ago and had the same mixed reactions then.... (And yes I do remember watching the black and white TV Sunday Night at the London Palladium!.

He was knighted because he kicked up such a song and dance about not getting one.... He bleated when he got a CBE that it should have been a knighthood - and he's the only entertainment Knight who actually uses the title - Sir Cliff, Sir Elton and Sir Mick let their talent and reputations do the talking for them - heck - even Lord Attenborough is still widely known as plain "Dickie". Brucie is the only one who insists on the title at every opportunity.

His family and agent really need to take him to one side, get him to watch an episode from even just 2 years ago and compare it with one from this series to see just how much he has declined - he wants to "die with his boots on!" But he is ruining his legacy with every show he does. People nowadays will remember the doddery old has been, not the sharp fat witted entertainer he once was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Most people his age are quite happy to relax and enjoy their well earned retirement - not trying to do what they did 50 years ago and had the same mixed reactions then.... (And yes I do remember watching the black and white TV Sunday Night at the London Palladium!.

He was knighted because he kicked up such a song and dance about not getting one.... He bleated when he got a CBE that it should have been a knighthood - and he's the only entertainment Knight who actually uses the title - Sir Cliff, Sir Elton and Sir Mick let their talent and reputations do the talking for them - heck - even Lord Attenborough is still widely known as plain "Dickie". Brucie is the only one who insists on the title at every opportunity.

His family and agent really need to take him to one side, get him to watch an episode from even just 2 years ago and compare it with one from this series to see just how much he has declined - he wants to "die with his boots on!" But he is ruining his legacy with every show he does. People nowadays will remember the doddery old has been, not the sharp fat witted entertainer he once was.

As someone who remembers him from the Generation game, he hasn't changed a bit. His jokes were always crap. As for legacy???
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well said Carole. Truly sad that he cannot even remember Darcey without the cue cards.
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Bruce needs to GO
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Professor Peter Higgs of Higgs boson fame has just been awarded the Nobel Prize for Physics. He had been offered a knighthood in the past but declined it because he said he didn't want "that kind of award". i.e. one that was decided by a bunch of civil servants and which so many people get for doing not a lot. To be awarded a Nobel Prize, a person has to be outstanding in their field, which takes a great deal of work and dedication, and only one person or group of people get the award each year for each category for which it is awarded. So it's a very select group.

Professor Higgs is 84 and says he will retire when he reaches 85. Hope someone else does too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    primer wrote: »
    it really grates that the judges are told to be quick whilst bruce rambles pointlessly on, and no-one can even attempt to stop him. :mad:

This is so true. I find it much better to record the show, start watching it 30 minutes after it's started, and fast forward all the bits where Bruce is rambling.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Well said Carole. Truly sad that he cannot even remember Darcey without the cue cards.

Agreed - that was ridiculous.