Options

Melanie C - This Time

bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,582
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone heard her new album?

What du all think?

I like it but it's not as good as some of her others!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone heard her new album?

What du all think?

I like it but it's not as good as some of her others!

this album is a big step forward for melanie c

this album is mature

she sounds are mellow but very nice an free flowing

good summer album
  • Options
    choonchoon Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yea its a really good album, just wish the rest of the UK would give her a chance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's done a great job with it! I've noticed that her voice has matured so much more.

I love 'The Moment You Believe' but I can't help but feel it's very close to sounding like an X Factor single. Anyone else feel the same?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    I'm glad to hear good stuff about it! Am gonna grab a copy this weekend. Agree whole-heartedly with Choon. It'd be so good to see the girl get the success she deserves!
  • Options
    The_TormentorThe_Tormentor Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    It's been on my hard drive for over a week now.
    I've listened to clips but i'm far from impressed.

I have her last 3 albums.
    "Beautiful Intentions" is and probably will remain my favorite.
  • Options
    OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, this is her weakest album to date. Beautiful Intentions was so much better. I loved 'Here And Now' and 'Good Girl', there's nothing appealing to me on this album except for 'Moment You Believe'. Although her new single 'Carolyna' is alright. I don't know why she's bothering with releasing it in the UK though. Nobody cares.
  • Options
    The_TormentorThe_Tormentor Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I agree, this is her weakest album to date. Beautiful Intentions was so much better. I loved 'Here And Now' and 'Good Girl', there's nothing appealing to me on this album except for 'Moment You Believe'. Although her new single 'Carolyna' is alright. I don't know why she's bothering with releasing it in the UK though. Nobody cares.
    Exactly.

Beautiful Intentions should have done so much better than it did.
    "Better Alone" was fantastic. but it did virtually nothing.
    "Little Piece Of Me" would have made a good single too.

But like you said. No one cares anymore.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I think it's a great album! I can't stop listening to it...especially Understand, carolyna, Your Mistake, This Time, Forever Again.... and also the duet with Adam Argyle Don't let me go is good! That are definitely my fave tracks on This Time!

Check out Melanie's myspace page to listen to the album sampler with all the songs... it's really good and completely different from her single I want candy!

www.myspace.com/melaniecmusic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly.

Beautiful Intentions should have done so much better than it did.
    "Better Alone" was fantastic. but it did virtually nothing.
    "Little Piece Of Me" would have made a good single too.

But like you said. No one cares anymore.

I'm actually even more gutted that First Day of My Life wasn't included in Beautiful Intentions. And it wasn't released in the UK. :(

Glad it did exceptionally well in Europe, though. :)
  • Options
    FenixxFenixx Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I'd like Melanie C to be more of a success here again, but I look at some of the stuff that is a success and it's such a pile of shite I'm thinking she's better off NOT being popular here. Shocking that dross like Katie Melua sells bucket loads yet Melanie can't get her record into the Top 40. Tsk. Besides, it's not even about quality of music..it's about who can get their stuff played 17 times in one hour on Radio 1...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,123
    Forum Member
    I think it's a great album! I can't stop listening to it...especially Understand, carolyna, Your Mistake, This Time, Forever Again.... and also the duet with Adam Argyle Don't let me go is good! That are definitely my fave tracks on This Time!

Check out Melanie's myspace page to listen to the album sampler with all the songs... it's really good and completely different from her single I want candy!

www.myspace.com/melaniecmusic

I agree, it is a fantastic album and I also cannot stop listening to it either!!!! It is great and I love it! I love 'Understand', 'Forever Again', 'Don't let me go', well actually I love every song- they are all great But those 3 are my top favourite!! I have always been a huge fan of Melanie C, always loved her albums, every album for me have been brilliant.

I think people should give her a chance and jst because she is an ex-spice girl, people just seem to ignore her. She has done great in Europe, and I hope that she gets the succes in her home country that she deserves, as she has an excellent voice and makes great music. I have played her new album to some of my friends, who didn't really like her music before, but now love it, as they said they never really listened to it before, but now they have, they really like it. So if more people would give her a chance then I reckon she could get the recognition she deserves!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,123
    Forum Member
    Fenixx wrote:
    I'd like Melanie C to be more of a success here again, but I look at some of the stuff that is a success and it's such a pile of shite I'm thinking she's better off NOT being popular here. Shocking that dross like Katie Melua sells bucket loads yet Melanie can't get her record into the Top 40. Tsk. Besides, it's not even about quality of music..it's about who can get their stuff played 17 times in one hour on Radio 1...

I know what you mean. Like Melanie can sing really well, and others like Lily Allen for one, cannot sing at all. I really hope she does do well with her singles and album, as she deserves it!!!! But she is doing really well in Europe so I am pleased for her, at least some people are giving her the recognition she deserves.
  • Options
    Official DivaOfficial Diva Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    I just thought I'd boost this thread to say this is my favourite album by Melanie and 'The Moment You Believe' is also my favourite track on it. It would have been number 1 over here if she had released it in this country to full PR I reckon.

I'm gutted she doesn't get the success she should here while others who are shite like Fenixx puts it do but she is big around Europe and Canada and she seems happy with that. As long as she doesn't forget she does still have fans in the UK I'm happy. And she is more happy this way so I'm cool with that.

But I think you'll find the best talents are always the over looked one's. And this album is a gem. imo.
  • Options
    Mikey_Mikey_ Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the above.
    The album is stunning, I fail to understand why she isn't getting the success she deserves as a solo artist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless of what anyone says, she has worked so hard for her career and has had a valuable input towards it.

She's now currently working on her 5th solo album. That got a lot of mentions when she announced she was pregnant.

I very much doubt this, but I hope that people will see how far she's came as an artist and can finally take her seriously as she releases her 5th album.

One can hope. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The thing I most respect about Melanie C is how much she enjoys being a singer -- she'd get the same kick out of performing to 10 people as she would 10,000 people. That's rare.
  • Options
    Sam200XSam200X Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should go back to what she did for album #1 - when she started going serious and credible - she started flopping (in the UK at least)

I would love a new "I turn to you" or and R&B typre song.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fenixx wrote: »
    The thing I most respect about Melanie C is how much she enjoys being a singer -- she'd get the same kick out of performing to 10 people as she would 10,000 people. That's rare.

I saw her on the last tour in a venue with about 400 people and she was amazing, really changed my opinion of her and her music. She did look as if she was having the time of her life performing and not just going through the motions like other "stars" that have played huge venues in the past.

Definately the most talented of the Spiceys (not saying much I know but....)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam200X wrote: »
    She should go back to what she did for album #1 - when she started going serious and credible - she started flopping (in the UK at least)

I would love a new "I turn to you" or and R&B typre song.

That was pretty much her experimental period and Melanie really didn't know what the outcome of it would be.

She mentioned on her website that her 5th album will be a lot more tougher. I think it'll be an infusion of the rocky 'Beautiful Intentions' (3rd album) and traces of the 'Northern Star' roots. So you might be in luck!

Her debut, Northern Star, is my least favourite album from her. I honestly do feel 'This Time' is her strongest album. Pure adult contemporary pop! :D (Well, if you ignore the bonus track 'I Want Candy' :eek: What was she thinking?! :eek:)
  • Options
    Official DivaOfficial Diva Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    Melanie is on Paul O'Grady in a moment. Mel B is guest hosting! :D
  • Options
    Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie is on Paul O'Grady in a moment. Mel B is guest hosting! :D
    oh no I'm gutted I missed it!!
    Love both the Mels!!!!!
  • Options
    Sam200XSam200X Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching it now, really nice to see them both together.
  • Options
    Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone heard when alb 5 will be released?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it being released in the UK at all?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now she's had a baby perhaps album #5 will be Melanie's Ray Of Light. As much as I loved Beautiful Intentions and This Time, we need Northern Star II. Imagine another Melanie C club anthem. Amazing.