SPOILER DW Exclusive on ITV This Morning

Comments

• Options
    tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew you'd get it, davros! :D
    You said I made the Inn look untidy!:eek:

As for appearances by Captain Jack, Leela, 10th, 9th and 8th Doctors and assorted companions (especially if this includes wonderful Lucie and even more wonderful Rory) any Classic era Doctors who feel up to it, and, of course any alien you can think of (especially a certain cute alien with lots of arms) I'm all for it - the more the merrier.

Of course, there may not be time for an actual plot, but who cares?:)

I'm not being funny or anything do please don't get me wrong. I've seen people say before that if it was full of characters they wouldn't care if the plot suffers. Is this a joke because in my opinion if there's no real plot then what's the point? I'm probably just being dumb :)
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be extremely surprised if they could afford to have everyone make an appearance.

As for being in discussions, that still leaves a lot of doubt as to how he could fit it in, his schedule, budget, etc.

If they want a stupidly high fee then they don't appear..simple as.

I'd like to think that the vast majority of the cast would be happy to appear for a cursory fee +.transportation/hotel costs... just for the honour of being in the 50th anniversary episode (plus it's very good PR to appear in such high profile event tv).

Of course a bunch of stuff for the anniversary could be done simply by popping around to people's home to film interviews.

It wouldn't be a surprise to see a few "talking heads" type shows for the anniversary ...with all the companions over the years being interviewed (that might be what JB is in), and another for all The Doctor's...

...or it might be something as simple as them wanting to get as many companions over the years to say "Doctor WHO?" for some sequence involving the first question.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    I'm not being funny or anything do please don't get me wrong. I've seen people say before that if it was full of characters they wouldn't care if the plot suffers. Is this a joke because in my opinion if there's no real plot then what's the point? I'm probably just being dumb :)

Of course you aren't being dumb. :)

I just think the 50th is a one-off, and it would just be such fun to see everyone from DW I've ever liked in it, that if the plot isn't up to much on this one occasion, I won't be bothered.

Normally, I agree that the plot must be good.:D
  • Options
    DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I just think the 50th is a one-off, and it would just be such fun to see everyone from DW I've ever liked in it, that if the plot isn't up to much on this one occasion, I won't be bothered.

I see it as being like the Uber-Xmas special, usually the one time when the show can afford to be indulgent and a little bit naff and not get kicked for it.

Wonder if Barrowman will get the chance to whip out his todger in 3-D.
  • Options
    tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ok :) I think both can be done though. Include quite a few characters whilst maintaining a good plot. I hope so anyway because I really want to go and watch it at the Cinema.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GDK wrote: »
    How on Earth could you not get the joke?

Oh, the irony. :)

Not actually irony though.
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Where was the lady from the BBC to tell him to shut up?

Must be a double bluff :)
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Barrowman, you do gotta love him, don't you?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone, somewhere is now saying the following:

"BAAAAAAAAAAAARRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWMAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!"

And doing the following:

*shakes fist*
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Someone, somewhere is now saying the following:

"BAAAAAAAAAAAARRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWMAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!"

And doing the following:

*shakes fist*

I did tweet something like this a while ago but it was in jest though.
  • Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,477
    Forum Member
    Not actually irony though.

Of you not getting the joke?

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I did tweet something like this a while ago but it was in jest though.

Yes, but today, someone did it in with real, salty tears of rage. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of you not getting the joke?

Not getting a joke is not irony. It is not getting a joke.
  • Options
    Lady of TrakenLady of Traken Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rionia wrote: »
    Barrowman's just tweeted.

https://twitter.com/Team_Barrowman/statuses/307471270109409280

"Re 50th I didn't say in what capacity or what medium so stay calm and carry on . Jb"

Methinks he wasn't supposed to say anything this morning. :D

I dont care as I am so happy :) I really hope he's in the 'special' and not some naff DW related gameshow.though
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How 'special' will an episode packed with cameo appearances by everyone who once walked into a Doctor Who studio actually be though? It strikes me that it would be rubbish. I guess that's what fans want, and in that case I don't consider myself a 'fan', but a 'viewer' because I want to see quality episodes.

I'm not inherently against old characters or previous Doctors appearing, but only if their appearances are substantial and genuinely relevant to the story.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the ways that a lot of the Dr Who characters past and present could be involved in the 50th Anniversary is in Art, lovely portraits. Vincent Van Gogh could have been very busy painting portraits, he did paint the Tardis once.:D
  • Options
    Lady of TrakenLady of Traken Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    How 'special' will an episode packed with cameo appearances by everyone who once walked into a Doctor Who studio actually be though? It strikes me that it would be rubbish. I guess that's what fans want, and in that case I don't consider myself a 'fan', but a 'viewer' because I want to see quality episodes.

I'm not totally against old characters or previous Doctors appearing, but only if their appearances are substantial and genuinely relevant to the story.

I think in some respects you are right. If we consider that Moffat will do a Five Doctors stylee story then it requires a necessary suspension of disbelief in the actual plot i think because you have to include so many past characters and their justification will have to b e good. I'm prepared for that.I want that

Will Moffat take the Five Doctors route ? .There's only been two stories AOT Daleks & The Snowmen that he has written with nods to the past
    .All his other stories have introduced new enemies or characters. No wonder he is finding it difficult to write the
    50th anniversary!

Personally I dont think he will indulge in nostalgia.He talks a good talk about the anniversary year but he likes his own obsessive themes so I expect you will get a good 'timey wimwy story' which may hopefully celebrate the 50th as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not getting a joke is not irony. It is not getting a joke.

One form of irony is feigned ignorance. Another is implying a meaning opposite to the literal meaning of the words.

Thus, Granny was being ironic.

Then I found it to be an ironic situation that you didn't get the joke.

There's no offence intended towards you. Irony is definitely not intended on my part.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Captain Jack & River Song in the same room/TARDIS/Wherever at the same time has to happen. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One form of irony is feigned ignorance. Another is implying a meaning opposite to the literal meaning of the words.

Thus, Granny was being ironic.

Then I found it to be an ironic situation that you didn't get the joke.

There's no offence intended towards you. Irony is definitely not intended on my part.

It still isn't irony. Not my part. She might have been ironic but my post or not getting the 'joke' was not.

You can find it as ironic as you wish, it doesn't make it the right word.

As for not meaning any offence? Well this part of DS and it's clique are in full welcoming mode again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It still isn't irony. Not my part. She might have been ironic but my post or not getting the 'joke' was not.

You can find it as ironic as you wish, it doesn't make it the right word.

As for not meaning any offence? Well this part of DS and it's clique are in full welcoming mode again.

I've never been part of a clique in my life. :confused:

I could be mistaken, and if so I'm sorry, but from your tone you seem to be annoyed. There's no need to be angry. Everyone makes embarrassing slip ups now and again. I'm not here to make arguments, nor are the vast majority here.

Let's move on, shall we?

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never been part of a clique in my life. :confused:

I could be mistaken, and if so I'm sorry, but from your tone you seem to be annoyed. There's no need to be angry. Everyone makes embarrassing slip ups now and again. I'm not here to make arguments, nor are the vast majority here.

Let's move on, shall we?

Not angry at all, just find the attitude typical of this part of the forum. If you are not part of the regular crowd and dare not to get their 'wit' then you are not welcome here.

Moving on is fine with me, I normally just lurk to get the news and spoilers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am truly sorry you feel that way.

There are those who post regularly here and the sense of shared fun may be off putting to non regulars and new posters but that surely is normal social interaction.

We're all here to relax and a have little fun along with others who also enjoy the programme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Captain Jack & River Song in the same room/TARDIS/Wherever at the same time has to happen. :eek:

Yes, Forest Of The Dead teased us this might happen...
  • Options
    bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree with Meddling Monkey with the bit that if you don't understand their jokes then you are not welcome. It is not normal social interaction to have a go at people for not understanding jokes (certainly in my day to day experience it isn't normal). I have had several rude comments about not understanding jokes on this part of the forum and makes me feel like most of the doctor who fans on here cannot behave in a civilised manner and they refuse to accept people are different