itv player for android

Comments

• oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried this, and I noted on the install menu, some people will not get ITV1!

You also have to put in a postcode, and guess what as I live in Scotland - no ITV1. (Scotland is served by STV instead). I assume this applies across all of Scotland?

I uninstalled it and reinstalled so I would get startup screen again, and I put in an english postcode, and guess what I now get ITV1.

So if you live in Scotland, put an english email adress in!

I am actually english, but nice one ITV - you could be honest and say why Scotland is excluded, or get in gear and include STV in this as well!

Does same apply to Northern Ireland, Wales etc?
  • HardstylerHardstyler Posts: 1,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im hoping for a hack on the android version that will allow 3g access like the bbc iplayer app... or if the iOS version is wifi then i could use my desire as a hotspot
  • lbearlbear Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oilman wrote: »
    Just tried this, and I noted on the install menu, some people will not get ITV1!

You also have to put in a postcode, and guess what as I live in Scotland - no ITV1. (Scotland is served by STV instead). I assume this applies across all of Scotland?

I uninstalled it and reinstalled so I would get startup screen again, and I put in an english postcode, and guess what I now get ITV1.

So if you live in Scotland, put an english email adress in!

I am actually english, but nice one ITV - you could be honest and say why Scotland is excluded, or get in gear and include STV in this as well!

Does same apply to Northern Ireland, Wales etc?

Why don't you just enter an English post code appropriate for the ITV region that you want to watch. This is the purpose of you entering it in the first place, as with Freesat, and many Freesat users do exactly that so they can watch ITV1 HD. Different regions have different advertising including references to special offers only available there.

STV, UTV and Channel are not part of the central ITV company. Channel have their own catchup player. - I believe STV and UTV do also.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    i live in the scottish borders and i get itv 1 borders/tynetees.just put a borders post code in TD6 9BS
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I can't find this in my Android Market!

I'm on Samsung Galaxy S running Android 2.3 and I've searched but can't find it!

Plus, any time I try and download it from the Internet it just says 'The requested item could not be found' :confused:
  • levineglevineg Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    When can we expect this on the Iphone
  • oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually after I made the note above I found more information in the FAQs on the installed application

People in the Borders region can access it. What is interesting is that they claim to check your location via your GPS location settings, and only use postcode if they cannot do that.

So if you do not get chance to enter your postcode, you may need to hide/turn off you location?

Fortunately, you can reset things by fgoing to manage applications, select iplayer, and select "clear data", Next time you start up iplayer (GPS hidden/off), you can enter a (english) postcode/email again.
  • HardstylerHardstyler Posts: 1,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    levineg wrote: »
    When can we expect this on the Iphone

within the nxt month
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's out now on iphone (and more impressive than the BBC's "iphone effort").
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    it's out now on iphone (and more impressive than the BBC's "iphone effort").

Yep also an iPad version too. Works fine. Didn't ask for postcode or anything.
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wrong thread
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought that itv would make a player for all smartphones. But no - it appears that they only support certain android phones and 1 tablet.

"Supported devices

At present, the devices we support are:

- HTC Desire HD
    - Acer Liquid Metal
    - Xperia Play
    - Samsung Galaxy Tab
    - Samsung Galaxy S2"
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can get it on my Desire Z. Shame it's so crap...