Options

Sony KV-32FX68

Hi all,

Hoping someone can put me out of my confusion. I have the above 100Hz flatscreen TV by sony for about 1 year and half. The TV was faulty within the first year (about 8 months ago) whereby a lot of static was building up on the tube causing "crackling" noises when a scene changed from a bright colour to a dark one. The TV was taken away and replaced. However, lately, the TV has been doing some very scary stuff - basically, whenever I am watching something the TV tube makes a very loud click noises and the picture "jumps" and a line appears across the screen for a split second. Sometimes this might happen once or twice a week, but lately there has been times when there is loads of this clicking every second. The clicking is pretty weird, and sounds as if the TV is about to self destruct!

I had this problem for a few days last christmas, but put this down to voltage variation due to demand. Could this be the problem now?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

Hoping someone can put me out of my confusion. I have the above 100Hz flatscreen TV by sony for about 1 year and half. The TV was faulty within the first year (about 8 months ago) whereby a lot of static was building up on the tube causing "crackling" noises when a scene changed from a bright colour to a dark one. The TV was taken away and replaced. However, lately, the TV has been doing some very scary stuff - basically, whenever I am watching something the TV tube makes a very loud click noises and the picture "jumps" and a line appears across the screen for a split second. Sometimes this might happen once or twice a week, but lately there has been times when there is loads of this clicking every second. The clicking is pretty weird, and sounds as if the TV is about to self destruct!

I had this problem for a few days last christmas, but put
    this down to voltage variation due to demand. Could this be the problem now?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. :)

The line across the middle of the screen is known as a fame collapse, putting it simple all TV’s use a series of components to hold the picture open, but sometimes they become faulty. The cracking sound is the integrated component and the transformer both trying to open the screen, if this is not fixed immediately you could end up with a permanently damaged TV (other components could also get damaged).

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks - damnit though, I was hoping it was only a slight problem. The TV seems grand now, hasn't done it for hours. And it WOULD have to crop up when the TV is out of warranty too...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    The repair of the line transformer should be about from £25 to £80 if you leave it, it will get worst and the cost will be much higher