• Options
    ilovedrwho123ilovedrwho123 Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    also been 1 in every ep
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    also been 1 in every ep

No it hasn't. Doesn't appear in Amy's Choice.
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Seeing as how everybody but the Doctor knows about them, I'm assuming it's the Doctor who causes them. Thereefore, he won't understand them properly until he causes them.

Also explains the "shrapnel" :eek:!
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Perhaps it was the regeneration of ten that started it all, it was very violent and he was fighting it, it was enough to nearly destry the TARDIS, so perhaps that caused a crack in the universe?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's been calculated by the Doctor that the Big Bang that causes the fracture happened in June this year, the date of Amy's wedding. So unless the final scenes of The End of Time were set around that time, it would appear they are unconnected.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Well we dont know yet if they are.I am sure it will al be explained to us in the last episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Tardis did actually explode but the explosion fractured time causing two different probability outcomes to overlap. One where the Doctor was destroyed and one where he survived.

Or something else entirely :D
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barrrooowwwmaaaan *shakes fist*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steven Moffat and/or all the writers of this series so far :p

not too sure but one of the theories i've read on here sounds kinda sanest. the one about there being two sets of the same people at the same time in history.

but then, wouldnt the cleaners (or big scary church eating baddie type monster things) be involved somewhere, unless its them who are making people forget about the dalek invasions and the 19th Century Cyberking thingy? :eek: kinda makes sense if thats what's causing the cracks. . . if not, who cares! its only a few lines of text on a forum :)
  • Options
    ilovedrwho123ilovedrwho123 Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    No it hasn't. Doesn't appear in Amy's Choice.

the has when the dr drove (not the crash) the camper van on the floor
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    What caused the crack? Rose!:D She's breaking down the walls of existence. And something is lurking in the shadows....something that has always been there, since the beginning of the chaos....coming back with worse and worse each and every time. And what is it?????

R.T.D.! :eek:;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ja88ed wrote: »
    I think the Tardis did actually explode but the explosion fractured time causing two different probability outcomes to overlap. One where the Doctor was destroyed and one where he survived.

Or something else entirely :D

I think at this point, the regeneration destruction of tardis fiasco is our best bet at what caused it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I think at this point, the regeneration destruction of tardis fiasco is our best bet at what caused it!
    yeah i kind of agree there too definately (almost) the regeneration (and or crash) of the tardis. - do we know what caused teh crash yet (if ever)???
    i think what the crack does is similar to the angels in that it sends people back in time but (unlike the angels) it takes their whole timeline and replants it in the past.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What caused the crack? Rose!:D She's breaking down the walls of existence. And something is lurking in the shadows....something that has always been there, since the beginning of the chaos....coming back with worse and worse each and every time. And what is it?????

R.T.D.! :eek:;):D

OK, you are joking, but actually:

Rose came back (Again)
    Mickey and everyone were busy crossing the void
    The extended regeneration bit arguably was a whole set of meetings that should never have happened. :-O
    10 Meeting Rose before 9 did was also a bit RiverSongish....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I'm voting it was the bad beans that did it...or possibly the tardis...no I want the beans to be the root of all evil :D
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    the has when the dr drove (not the crash) the camper van on the floor

No it didn't - the crack has always been prominent, and light has been shining through it. The crack in the road was just a usual crack in the road - it wasn't even the same shape.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    No it didn't - the crack has always been prominent, and light has been shining through it. The crack in the road was just a usual crack in the road - it wasn't even the same shape.

Actually, no - the original crack in Amy's wall didn't have light shining through it, at least not until the Doctor sonicked it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

That's assuming that whatever has cuased the crack has happened already - I'm betting that it hasn't. You're thinking in linear consequential cause and effect terms. The cause hasn't happened yet, but the effect can be seen because it can be seen in all times and places.

Think of the 'DoctorDonna' scenario - people were giving hints about it but it hadn't happened yet. The Doctor even stated that the inevitability of it happening caused a ripple effect that spread through the past as well as the future. Remember, Stephen Moffat was the progenitor of the whole 'wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey' phraseology, so it's unlikely to be anything we've seen so far.
  • Options
    vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if the adventure games are canon, then spoiler
    The Daleks appear from the crack and alter time, so 1963 doesn't happen the way its suppose to.

Like I said previously, the cracks could simply be paradox's or different time lines happening alongside one another and the void is there to erase all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think we have yet to see any kind of explanation of why the Tardis suddenly decided to explode. Which in and of itself is odd and a bit annoying. I suppose because there was no companion present to receive expository dialogue we have had to wait. ;)

Still, Tardis exploding simply due to a Time Lord regenerating would be one hell of a design flaw :D
  • Options
    liquidJPliquidJP Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's something to do with Amy's engagement ring and it being left on the TARDIS console.

Am going to explain myself a bit better.
    It's been hinted that the date of the explosion is Amy's wedding day.
    Emphasis was made about Rory putting the ring on the console, it was even in the re-cap.
    Rory has been erased from time and from Amy's life, they never met or got engaged.
    However, the ring still exists, again a distinct shot of it towards the end of last weeks episode, after Amy had forgot about Rory.
    There has to be some significace, or it's a well planned Red Herring of course haha!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ja88ed wrote: »
    I think we have yet to see any kind of explanation of why the Tardis suddenly decided to explode. Which in and of itself is odd and a bit annoying. I suppose because there was no companion present to receive expository dialogue we have had to wait. ;)

Still, Tardis exploding simply due to a Time Lord regenerating would be one hell of a design flaw :D

Again, the TARDIS has yet to explode (if that is what happens). We're seeing the effects, as it has cracked all of time and space. In the linear sense of things (ie, using our time) then the event itself hasn't occured - hence us not seeing it yet. It is heavily implied to be happening on Amy's wedding day, which we haven't yet seen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    liquidJP wrote: »
    It's something to do with Amy's engagement ring and it being left on the TARDIS console.

Not necessarily. The effects of someone who has been absorbed by the crack's energy is still felt. This means that the ring is fine at the moment.

Using the Byzantium as an example: the original angel that caused it to crash had been swallowed by the Crack's energy, but it was still crashed after that... The ring is still there.

I might be wrong, and I'd love it to be that simple (as SM is quite fond of that kind of plotting, it is quite feasible), but at the moment I'm kind of sceptical about it.

As someone pointed out, it's a Schroedinger's Cat at the moment - both existing and not existing until the moment the box is opened to reveal the state it is actually in...

Gotta love science!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO, it hasn't happened yet. In Flesh and Stone, the dcotor says something about The Big Bang on the 26th of June causing the crack and we all know now that the The Big Bang is the title of the series finale which is on the 26th of June. So whatever causes the crack hasn't happened yet but we can see the effects because of the whole wibbly wobbley time wimey scenario. Like someone already said above, it happens in the future but the effects can be felt in the past. So it's retrospective or do I mean the opposite of retrospective?

Either way, hasn't happened yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bobsir wrote: »
    IMO, it hasn't happened yet. In Flesh and Stone, the dcotor says something about The Big Bang on the 26th of June causing the crack and we all know now that the The Big Bang is the title of the series finale which is on the 26th of June. So whatever causes the crack hasn't happened yet but we can see the effects because of the whole wibbly wobbley time wimey scenario. Like someone already said above, it happens in the future but the effects can be felt in the past. So it's retrospective or do I mean the opposite of retrospective?

Either way, hasn't happened yet.

There's two ways of looking at it. Firstly, like you said, the actual event hasn't taken place in the Doctor's timeline yet. But it has happened at some point in time and space.

The second way is to consider what sequence of events caused the explosion to exist at all. The previous timeline had no explosion and no cracks, now there is an explosion due to happen. What caused that change in the timeline?