Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikebuk wrote: »
    Didn't they do the peanut butter trick with Mr Ed too ?

If you put Sky Go on an iPad in a room with Mr Ed and some chimps you would get a far more realistic human reaction than what you get from the 2 dimensional replicants in the current ad.
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    kegsie wrote: »
    Just imagine the reaction if it was a bunch of old men harassing a young girl.

I've just made a complaint about that advert for breaching section 4.1 (used in the past for the objectification of women, from what I have read in past rulings) and 4.4 of the CAP code, for condoning anti-social behaviour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just made a complaint about that advert for breaching section 4.1 (used in the past for the objectification of women, from what I have read in past rulings) and 4.4 of the CAP code, for condoning anti-social behaviour.

I don't blame you. I'm sick of double standard crap like that going under the radar. Men get the worst image in adverts, always portrayed as bumbling idiots and figures of fun.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure its been mentioned many times but when exactly did Werther's Originals get released in the UK.
    I know the company was founded in 1903, (looked it up.)
    I cannot for the life of me remember plastic toffees from my childhood.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sainsbury's a word in your shell like if you come this way.

1) You keep telling me you know "I rely on my car to ferry my kids around everyday" no you don't know because I do not have a car or any children.

2) Your brand match is a con because your prices are artificially high to generate a voucher then that makes people go back in and next time you go in your shop you don't give a brand match ticket if you use one even if you spend a lot more than you did last time.

3) The voiceover in your ads is as annoying and sickening smug as the Asda and Waitrose ones why don't you try something different instead of being a sheep in the supermarket ad world.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    SmartTIIam wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been said, but the coffee advert with the heads poking out of the coffee beans. Gets on my nerves.

I thought it was advertising Coco Pops...
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was advertising Coco Pops...

Costa Coffee having a dig at Starbucks after all the tax thing.
  • AbMan51AbMan51 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Malliday wrote: »
    I do.

I think Jessica Ennis is lovely, so I wish they'd given her something more fun and entertaining to do.

But Jenson Button, like most Formula 1 drivers, is well known for being almost devoid of charisma.

And Rory McIlroy really doesn't do anything to dispel the idea that golf is probably the most boring sport in the world, ever, played by the most boring people in the world, ever.

Seeing Button and McIlroy robotically deliver their lines then stand there emotionless, like creepy extras from Terminator really doesn't make for a good advert.

Actually Button goes against the grain of most drivers and is pretty 'cheeky' and interesting in interviews, especially when being questioned by his media friends. Ennis is usually effervescent, so yeah the fact that this advert is dreary and robotic looking is very suprising....to be honest it fits in well with the Santander customer experience though, maybe it was a meta referenced ad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    AbMan51 wrote: »
    Actually Button goes against the grain of most drivers and is pretty 'cheeky' and interesting in interviews, especially when being questioned by his media friends. Ennis is usually effervescent, so yeah the fact that this advert is dreary and robotic looking is very suprising....to be honest it fits in well with the Santander customer experience though, maybe it was a meta referenced ad.

Given that you can work wonders with video editing, the awful pauses and general dreariness of this must be deliberate. It wouldn't be so bad if the victims would at least respond or strike up a conversation with their celebrity stalkers.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure its been mentioned many times but when exactly did Werther's Originals get released in the UK.
    I know the company was founded in 1903, (looked it up.)
    I cannot for the life of me remember plastic toffees from my childhood.

Don't you remember all those caramel shops.?:confused:
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    Let's see:

Jessica Ennis - Olympic, world (both indoor and outdoor) and European champion in the heptathlon.
    Jensen Button - Formula 1 world champion in 2009.
    Rory McIlroy - Winner of the US Open and PGA Championship (two of the four major championships) and was part of the Ryder Cup team that won in both 2010 and 2012. He is also ranked No1 in the Official World Golf Ranking, where he has been since August last year (and on and off between April and August last year).

So you're right, they've won "virtually nothing yet". (Rory McIlroy's also got plenty of time to win more stuff, since he's only 23.)

Ok smart Arse, when you stand them next to Michael Schumacher, Daley Thompson and Tiger Woods then yes, they have won virtually nothing. If Ennis wins again in 2016 and 20 then maybe I'll get a Santander account.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    goader catchladydog-go-dog-uk"

I shall certainly be using catchladydog[...]if I have a female dog that runs away.

I still haven't seen the advert in question but this popped into my head the other day and was making me giggle, which is not good when walking down the street!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    I do wish 'Specsavers' would splash out on some new adverts.

They have all been around for ages and ages.

The girl kissing the wrong guy at the station :mad:
    The astronauts landing at the airport :mad:
    The shepherd shearing his dog :mad:

....and that stupid couple are back on the aircraft carrier looking for the duty free shop. :mad::mad:

All I need is the geriatric couple and their 'cheesey sandwiches' to reappear and I'll :eek:

Give me hope.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunch of kids playing in barn with a music track saying they are spending all their time doing nothing.

Finally turns out to be an ad for a completely predictable McBurger produced by a system designed to stamp out any variation in a germ free stainless steel kitchen a million miles away from the countryside (or kids playing quietly).

The tagline is nothing, simply nothing added, 100% traceable British beef. (Which is a subtle dig at some competitors).
  • C HorseC Horse Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    I do wish 'Specsavers' would splash out on some new adverts.

They have all been around for ages and ages.

The girl kissing the wrong guy at the station :mad:
    The astronauts landing at the airport :mad:
    The shepherd shearing his dog :mad:

....and that stupid couple are back on the aircraft carrier looking for the duty free shop. :mad::mad:

All I need is the geriatric couple and their 'cheesey sandwiches' to reappear and I'll :eek:

This one has always confused me ... if I KNOW who I'm meeting at the station, then they WON'T know what I'm wearing, as there would be no need - there could be no mistake.

It's only if I don't know who I'm meeting/picking up that I, or they, will need a description of clothes.
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely the costa coffee one with the turning round heads - gawd that's awful! Also thanks to whoever it was who mentioned the National Accident Helpline one - now I have that going round in my head :(

Oh, and I caught the Harvester one yesterday too - how annoying is that little boy?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    The return of the HSBC lemonade girl. Do they know how bloody annoying she was first time out... speaking Cantonese... "I take Hang Kaarng dollars..." The world did not need a sequel. Especially with her 'French distributor'.

I wonder if she had anything to do with the money laundering for drug cartels that HSBC US have just been fined for?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Aerrow wrote: »
    It doesn't help that Underdog looks like a badly-formed turd into which someone has attempted to prod a bright orange condom.

How cheap are these adverts? Have a look:-

http://www.animationtoolkit.co.uk/eyes/

http://www.animationtoolkit.co.uk/sausauge-lip-sync-kit-15-x-pieces/

http://www.animationtoolkit.co.uk/clay-plasticine/
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So they spent about £15 on the advert? Talk about CHEAP!
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That new underdog one with the heard it through the grapevine because all day I hear that song then when I forget it in the morning I have to hear it again (because Im a lazy housewife).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I still haven't seen the advert in question but this popped into my head the other day and was making me giggle, which is not good when walking down the street!

It's on YouTube - that's where I first found it after seeing it discussed on here.

You might want to avoid looking at it though. Bit like slowing down to look at the carnage of a major traffic accident. You might feel quite guilty afterwards.

She has some quiz show style cards in her hands on the ad for some reason, which she is gripping onto for dear life, so I'm hoping it's part of a series of ads, maybe where she quizzes fellow chavvy members of the public on why they yooshed cadgeladydogcodoguk furwen they needed essdra cadge. Praps furragh shunnyolliday in the Maldives affftur dare uvver arf pished dare beneficks check up dur wall.

(hick)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I moved to a new bank (not advertised on TV) last year, used to be with Santander or rather Abbey before it and even though all my accounts are now closed with them I still get statements and letters as if they are still open, I've been to my local branch and they say I'm not on their system and shouldn't get any mail, so they send another letter to stop them, even phoned them too, but they still arrive, got one today saying I haven't used my account card in the last year, so they wont be sending me a new one, well there isn't any money to use it and I haven't got an account anymore :confused::mad:, seems once your a customer of theirs they wont let go... so their advert will not make me go back!!!!!
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that car advert, with the full Monty song.. take your hat off real slow...
    and the cover peels back on the car's roof.
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    probably been mentioned alaready but KEVIN BACON is starting to get on my tits!
    If he's not whoreing himself out in the EE adverts its that bloody 'alright bacons?' one you get in the cinema these days...

Also that damn 'cute' dancing shetland pony can **** right off
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snickers with Joan Collins is so annoying.
This discussion has been closed.