YOUR favourite housemate vs MY favourite housemate

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
Forum Member
✭✭
YOUR favourite housemate is just DESPERATE to win. DESPERATION is leaking out of every pore. MY favourite housemate is just there for a laugh, and it great to see someone who doesn't take it too seriously.

YOUR favourite housemate is so obviously BB's chosen one. They are always being FORCED down our throats. Ch 5 obviously HATE the thought of MY favourite housemate winning. If we can make MY favourite housemate win, it will be one in the eye for Desmond.

YOUR favourite housemate is just using people in the house and doesn't really care about any of them. MY favourite housemate is the only one (of two) to have a GENUINE FRIENDSHIP in the house.

YOUR favourite housemate's MASK is SLIPPING, and their UGLY REAL SELF is showing. MY favourite housemate is standing up for themselves, after being incredibly patient so far.

YOUR favourite housemate's FACE when they were evicted! :D:D They didn't expect that, did they? MY favourite housemate just took it on the chin and showed complete dignity.

When they are out of the house, YOUR housemate will go to the opening of an envelope; it is really tragic how they are always FALLING out of TACKY CLUBS. MY favourite housemate is obviously really in demand; their feet have not touched the ground since the series finished!

Or (alternative version): YOUR favourite housemate has VANISHED into well deserved OBSCURITY. MY favourite housemate has shown DIGNITY in just going back to their normal life, and not being DESPERATE.

(Just for fun. I don't really have a favourite housemate this time round.)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MY favourite housemate is HILARIOUS! What a shame that some people just don't get their humour! Whoosh! Has anyone ever seen anyone trying so hard to get attention as YOUR favourite housemate? Just DESPERATELY unfunny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Oh, I do love this! And the sad reality is - it can be applied to most of the threads on here ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    choklat wrote: »
    Oh, I do love this! And the sad reality is - it can be applied to most of the threads on here ;)

Thanks. :)
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's just about the entire forum summed up in one post :p
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    I think it's very easy to fall into this trap.
    Two housemates can do the exact same thing, but if one is a housemate that has earned your trust and entertained you on numerous occasions you're like 'Wow fantastic'. But if the other is a housemate that naturally winds you up and you've questioned their actions in the past you can be thinking 'ugh pathetic, what a try-hard'.

I think it's easy to understand from your own perspective when you have alot of positives for one housemate and alot of negatives for the other, but it does come off looking hypocritical.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love it wonkeydonkey. And after this series I have now experienced forum life on both sides of the fence. It is much more visible observing these trends and cliches when you are at odds with the overwhelming majority. *nods*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So ****ing true.
  • PinkminxyPinkminxy Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant! :D
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's very easy to fall into this trap.
    Two housemates can do the exact same thing, but if one is a housemate that has earned your trust and entertained you on numerous occasions you're like 'Wow fantastic'. But if the other is a housemate that naturally winds you up and you've questioned their actions in the past you can be thinking 'ugh pathetic, what a try-hard'.

I think it's easy to understand from your own perspective when you have alot of positives for one housemate and alot of negatives for the other, but it does come off looking hypocritical.

I'm a bit unhappy with threads like this, since to a large extent they're digs at forum members, rather than a discussion of the show. (There's already way too much of that.)

They also tend to treat as ridiculous things that can sometimes be reasonable and accurate comments.

And it doesn't stop people from being inconsistent. It's always possible to find some difference between different cases, so that the two housemates aren't doing the exact same thing.

OTOH, one of the most interesting things about BB is how people react to it and to housemates; and threads like this are also a contribution to discussing that.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    What's all this?

Double standards, hypocrisy and hyperbole is rife on DS forums you say? :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    That's just about the entire forum summed up in one post :p

And posters still wont get how ridiculous they are
  • jason_strenthamjason_strentham Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great post Lol. Sums up a lot of the nonsense
  • schmoozerschmoozer Posts: 2,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So true..

My favourite house mate is keeping it real (you say fake ?), game for a laugh (attention seeking ?), is non-confrontational(sitting on the fence ?), can admit when they were wrong (making hasty strategic U turn ?) etc etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite Housemate calls it Humour yours calls it Personality
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    :D Great thread. And one which applies to every series.

Can I add a few?

YOUR favourite housemate is a victim and looking for sympathy votes. MY favourite housemate is being picked on!

YOUR favourite housemate is hated by most people, deal with it. MY favourite HM has a few critics, it's so unfair/desperate/tactical this ceaseless abuse.

I have legitimate reasons to dislike YOUR favourite housemate. You don't like MY favourite HM? Hater >:(.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good post op.this is what the forums are all about, good debates.The thing is when people over step the mark and start sending death threats, like they have to lee.He looks genuine and scared to death.
  • Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    That's why one of My favourite Fourm Members is WonkeyDonkey. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's why one of My favourite Fourm Members is WonkeyDonkey. :)

Oh hey. :blush: Right back atcha. *forum vomits*
    Forum Member
    Emma Willis went so easy on YOUR favourite housemate, she didn't interrogate them at all on their terrible behaviour. So biased.
    Wasn't the interview with MY favourite housemate really funny? Emma was fantastic and my favourite HM came across so well.

(Next season)

Emma Willis was great tonight with YOUR favourite housemate. She really let them have it and they so deserved it. She's a real pro.
    How dare Emma Willis have a go at MY favourite housemate. They didn't deserve that grilling. So unprofessional and biased.

*Substitute Emma Willis for BBOTS*
  • The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your favourite housemate will soon be dead and gone, and so will mine, and so will you and so will I.
    Forum Member
    Your favourite housemate will soon be dead and gone, and so will mine, and so will you and so will I.

Existential, dude. And, umm, cheery. :D
  • The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Existential, dude. And, umm, cheery. :D

I'm the proverbial life and soul :D
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YOUR FAVOURITE HOUSEMATE is a nasty, skinny, fat, ugly, bitter, cruel witch/arsehole and I hope she/he is BOOED into the next century when she/he leaves..... and never works again........ ever.

**(**"2 wrote:
    YOUR FAVOURITE HOUSEMATE is such a creep; s/he makes my skin crawl and makes we want to vomit. And his/her family are a f***ing disgrace.

:( I think it's, like, SOOOOO, sad that you have to get so personal about people on a TV show. YAWWWWWWN... Get a life..... saddo. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally Posted by **(**&quot

YOUR FAVOURITE HOUSEMATE is such a creep; s/he makes my skin crawl and makes we want to vomit. And his/her family are a f***ing disgrace.

I never did like **(**&quot as a forum member. >:(
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, spot on, especially this year!!

I don't have a favourite, which makes it even more interesting when you see how people behave on here defending theirs to the absolute hilt. :D