Hayley's 'performance skills'

Comments

• JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayley has achieved something that no-one seems to have noticed - to outdo Bonnie Langford the Queen of the Stage in her performances. And as I have said elsewhere, her aerial ballet clip which I put on YouTube has had over 2000 hits in less than a week. I realise that she is not everyone's cup of tea but I reckon that in her acting she could teach Jayne and Chris a thing or two.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,600
    Forum Member
    JohnCurry wrote: »
    Hayley has achieved something that no-one seems to have noticed - to outdo Bonnie Langford the Queen of the Stage in her performances. And as I have said elsewhere, her aerial ballet clip which I put on YouTube has had over 2000 hits in less than a week. I realise that she is not everyone's cup of tea but I reckon that in her acting she could teach Jayne and Chris a thing or two.

Jayne and Chris are not actors. The bigger issue is that she couldn't teach Suzanne, Bonnie, or Clare anything, and they could do her routines - wheras she can't do theirs. Same applies on a stage - Bonnie and Suzanne have both played roles Hayley hasn't - for good reasons.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hayley could teach T & D a thing or two :o

*speechless*
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

*speechless*

JohnCurry has a point.
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    zelda fan wrote: »
    JohnCurry has a point.

Of course he has. People are so blinkered by their dislike of Hayley that they can't see it though.

I really don't mind who wins. I cannot get that worked up about it. If Ray wins or Hayley wins or Beth wins, I don't mind at all. I've enjoyed the ride. :)
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zelda fan wrote: »
    JohnCurry has a point.
    He has an opinion.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

*speechless*

I know, eh? If the UK sent Hayley to represent them at anything - and I say this as an outsider - the rest of the world would be :confused::confused:

It's like Carry On, Bruce Forsyth, James Corden,....... The British can be extremely, extremely funny, but there's a strain of OTT theatricality that really doesn't serve you well. Hayley's popularity, for me, is indicative of that. I find her 'performances' cringe-inducing. It's almost satirical, it's so OTT.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T&D along with all the best Ice dancers past & present don't need OTT hammy acting.

The only Ice Dance couple I saw in Sochi even remotely indulging in this were the German pair - and I've never taken to them either.
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed that those (correctly) criticising Hayley's presence in the final of an ice-dancing competition - given that she can't skate - routinely concede that she always gives a good performance. I find this baffling.

I had to pull the television away from the wall last weekend when she was dressed in the white knickers to let the syrup and cheese flow down the wall. It had overloaded.

How do people equate this open-mouthed gurning and rictus-inducing fake-smiling with 'performance skills'? :confused:

Hayley's a 'good performer' in much the same way as my over-enthusiastic six year old made a wonderful sheep in last year's Christmas play.

Y'all need to go and watch some real performances.

Sorry Patsy but I don't agree at all. I personally love Hayley and Dan and they are my favourites to win because they have everything in my opinion. They have chemistry, charisma and just look amazing together and they would not be in the top two if they were not voted for by the public or the judges. Hayley has not been in the bottom two ever, but Ray has. But no doubt Ray will win because he is the best skater, but for me Hayley is the best overall because of her and dans amazing performances! Beth does nothing for me and I find Ray quite arrogant. Hayley and Suzanne have always been my favourite winners from previous seasons.
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    I've noticed that those (correctly) criticising Hayley's presence in the final of an ice-dancing competition - given that she can't skate - routinely concede that she always gives a good performance. I find this baffling.

I had to pull the television away from the wall last weekend when she was dressed in the white knickers to let the syrup and cheese flow down the wall. It had overloaded.

How do people equate this open-mouthed gurning and rictus-inducing fake-smiling with 'performance skills'? :confused:

Hayley's a 'good performer' in much the same way as my over-enthusiastic six year old made a wonderful sheep in last year's Christmas play.

May I commend you for just pulling the tv away from the wall, when I see Hayley on screen I want to put something through the tv, and now she is on Corrie it has turned me off watching that - she overacts everything, too much of a bad thing....
    I hated this series of Doi as she was obviously the judges pet even though as we saw she is a poor skater when Dan is not propping her up or throwing her around, Beth who was a stronger more competent skater was slated week after week for not "performing"- while she was busy actually skating, my heart sank when Beth was eliminated and Hayley was in the final of the final- thankfully Ray won it , it would have been a right c*ck up if a poor skater was the ultimate Doi champ , I hate her snow white persona , not so innocent when she stole another womans husband, she is a fake and insincere but at least she didn't win, tv safe for another while :D
  • Spy queenSpy queen Posts: 221
    Forum Member

This cheered me up. I had a good laugh. Very well put. I liked the sheep bit. Very funny.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Only on DOI. On the whole she is a pretty rubbish actress and that is why she is not seen that much on TV.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Patsy but I don't agree at all. I personally love Hayley and Dan and they are my favourites to win because they have everything in my opinion. They have chemistry, charisma and just look amazing together and they would not be in the top two if they were not voted for by the public or the judges. Hayley has not been in the bottom two ever, but Ray has. But no doubt Ray will win because he is the best skater, but for me Hayley is the best overall because of her and dans amazing performances! Beth does nothing for me and I find Ray quite arrogant. Hayley and Suzanne have always been my favourite winners from previous seasons.

To be honest, I think Ray was only in the skate off because of voter complacency - they certainly voted this week.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    To be honest, I think Ray was only in the skate off because of voter complacency - they certainly voted this week.

and Beth obviously got the sympathy vote last week.
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    every time I watch Hayley she reminds me of the overachievers in my daughters dance school
    all hands, arms and teeth but nothing much else

I agree, my granddaughter used to get quite upset when these types got the main parts, but now she's overtaken them because as well as dancing she can actually act, so gets all the interesting parts now. I guess it's the same for Hayley, she can do the hands, arms and teeth, but at the end of the day it's never enough.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, my granddaughter used to get quite upset when these types got the main parts, but now she's overtaken them because as well as dancing she can actually act, so gets all the interesting parts now. I guess it's the same for Hayley, she can do the hands, arms and teeth, but at the end of the day it's never enough.
    Hayley would do well as a presenter on kids' tv.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That may be the case but then Ray did not have his best week last week, especially with his flying and although I was not a massive fan of Sams I actually thought that he was better than Ray last week, even in the skate off. Hayley was top of the leader board last week, and deservedly so in my opinion!

I think that Ray was very relieved to be voted in by the judges and shocked and relieved that Sam went instead of him last week!8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You see I cannot for the life of me see why so many people look for the negatives in somebody. Hayley is very exuberant and a very good actress, hence why the judges love her performances and so many of the public too it seems. Hayley is not all arms and teeth at all, you do her an injustice. She not only won her series of dancing on ice, she has come top lady and runner up to Ray Quinn. That is an amazing achievement and also the only contestant ever to not have been in the bottom two and that includes Ray as well. Hayley proves that she can act as she is currently in Coronation Street.

Well done to Hayley for doing so well and coming runner up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayley is amazing and gave the stand-put performance of the any of the Dancing On Ice series. She's so warm and likeable too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But it really doesn't matter what you might surmise the fact is that Ray did have a bad week last week and I feel that he was very lucky not to be voted out as Sam was actually better than him last week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayley is amazing and gave the stand-put performance of the any of the Dancing On Ice series. She's so warm and likeable too.

Well said! Hayley barely put a foot wrong and she was totally amazing tonight. She has improved week on week in this series and done so well.

Yes Ray might be the best skater but it's called "dancing on ice' and Hayley does that very well indeed!
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You see I cannot for the life of me see why so many people look for the negatives in somebody. Hayley is very exuberant and a very good actress, hence why the judges love her performances and so many of the public too it seems. Hayley is not all arms and teeth at all, you do her an injustice. She not only won her series of dancing on ice, she has come top lady and runner up to Ray Quinn. That is an amazing achievement and also the only contestant ever to not have been in the bottom two and that includes Ray as well. Hayley proves that she can act as she is currently in Coronation Street.

Well done to Hayley for doing so well and coming runner up!

Doesn't include Beth though does it?
  • Sammi42Sammi42 Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well said! Hayley barely put a foot wrong and she was totally amazing tonight. She has improved week on week in this series and done so well.

Yes Ray might be the best skater but it's called "dancing on ice' and Hayley does that very well indeed!

Dancing On ICE and Hayley's skating ability is very limited. Ray can dance and skate on ice unassisted, where as Hayley can barely skate without Dan, as proven in her solo skate a few weeks ago.
    Personally I think it should have been Beth & Ray as the final 2 (well if I'm gonna be completely honest I think Jorgie should have been there) as Beth is the better skater between her and Hayely
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,600
    Forum Member
    Sammi42 wrote: »
    Dancing On ICE and Hayley's skating ability is very limited. Ray can dance and skate on ice unassisted, where as Hayley can barely skate without Dan, as proven in her solo skate a few weeks ago.
    Personally I think it should have been Beth & Ray as the final 2 (well if I'm gonna be completely honest I think Jorgie should have been there) as Beth is the better skater between her and Hayely

Jorgie may have been the complete act that was missing from the female side of the final. No way of telling though as she was whisked off in week one and we didn't see how she coped with a suitable new partner as they didn't give her one and helped her out with a VT. She would have had to beat Suzanne though in that competition - and unlike Hayley Suzanne was adding to her repertoire.

We never will find out who was the best female as the competition took all the contenders, bar Beth, out weeks before the end. We never saw if Bonnie could do Hayley's skating light/dance heavy routines even better - or what Zaraah or Suzanne could do with them. We never saw what more imaginative choregraphers could have got Beth to do - her potential remains unfulfilled.. Instead, we got Hayley redoing what she did 4 years ago, actually getting weaker, and more reliant on Dan, as the series went on - and the simplest female routines seen in any final since her own series and series one.
  • The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member

But Ray does it better. The best, in fact. Christopher Dean (who knows a bit about these things) said so.
    Personally, I enjoyed most of Hayley's performances but I was always very aware that she was doing a lot less difficult stuff than the other contestants (even during the series she won, where the overall standard was pretty low). She could barely stay upright during her solo skate a couple of weeks back, and it would have been a bit embarrassing if she'd actually won the show.