Options

Green screen on HDMI after a year

WhovianWhovian Posts: 852
Forum Member
✭✭
No problems with my box but for the last few weeks the HDMI has just turned to a green screen after about 10 seconds. Works fine on scart but annoyed the HD aspect is gone. ANyone else had this and is there anyway to fix it? I have looked at solutions online but non worked and it seems unlikely to be the 'handshake' problem as it has worked flawlessly on the same tv for a year!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I had the same thing, changed my scart lead and it was fixed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had the same thing, changed my scart lead and it was fixed.
    Thanks for the reply. I wasnt originally using a scart lead, just the hdmi. Had to put a scart in only when the hdmi failed! Was this the same for you?
  • Options
    White-KnightWhite-Knight Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could try another HDMI lead, maybe its breaking down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. The problem isnt with the scart connection but with the HDMI connection.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I have green screen issues over HDMI to my Sony W2000 screen, I believe Humax need to get the HDMI handshaking right still. All other equipment over HDMI is fine i.e. Sky Hd, Panasonic DVD, PS3 & Bush freesat!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Hi, had similar problems with sony multichannel surround, found the hdr to be very picky about HDMI leads through the sony but all worked ok direct to my samsung plasma, suggest you try borrowing a lead from your friends to see if it cures the problem. I managed to get mine to work with a cheapo one from ebuyer.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,597
    Forum Member
    HDMI is still a very young technology, there's seems plenty of problems across all makes - but mostly a software update seems to cure them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Same problems here when i first set up my system. I think i swapped the HDMI cables between my Blu Ray and my HDR which solved it.

None of my HDMIs are expensive - all low end stuff (which is all you need for digital interconnects in my view)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    b33k34 wrote: »
    Same problems here when i first set up my system. I think i swapped the HDMI cables between my Blu Ray and my HDR which solved it.

None of my HDMIs are expensive - all low end stuff (which is all you need for digital interconnects in my view)

Well if that is what you believe don't wonder then when you get a green screen... :D

I use top notch fully screened HDMI leads and have never seen the green screen. My sister had a Virgin HD box fitted which with the default cheepo HDMI that the installer used gave a green screen on her TV. He came back and swopped the HDMI cable for a more expensive one and viola! It hasn't occured since.

GG
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. Have tried different HDMI cables but it hasn't made any difference.:(
  • Options
    in_focusin_focus Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Are you certain it's the digibox? Have you tried it on another TV?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately its the only tv i have with a hdmi socket.
  • Options
    davesulldavesull Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read this thread (don't get chance to visit much these days for a variety of reasons).

I've had the green screen on HDMI, using the cable supplied with the FOXSAT box! Still investigating exactly when it happens but the only way I've found to get round it is to switch the box off and back on again. Not good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I had this problem with my brand new HDR the other week, using the supplied HDMI cable.

The problem only seemed to occur when the box was trying to come out of standby in power save mode, so I disabled power saving and the problem went away.

When I did get the green screen, I could get out of it by pressing up/down on the channel button.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the new suggestions. Tried both but neither works! It's frustrating to have bought an HD box where the HD only lasts a year!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    I have written on this forum a couple of times about this problem.
    I have had the green screen issue for nearly a year as well.
    I have tried a different HDMI lead and it made no difference.

This weekend I had the chance to try a Bush HD freesat box on my set up and that worked perfectly well.
    But the Humax still doesn't.
    I have contacted Humax with this updated information as they suggested at one time that the problem may lie with my TV - I think this confirms that it doesn't.

Regards - Tim
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Frequently get green screen when using the HDMI lead that came in box. Normally this clears when changing channel, but occasionally need to unplug lead from back of TV and as soon as it is reconnected it works fine.