Poll Request- Are You happy about EE's upcoming baby plot?

Comments

• alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    I guess the poster may be reffering to the Emmerdale plot, where babies were swapped and one died, but nobody meant to swap the baby.

It would be brilliant if Ronnie was seen watching Emmerdale just before she go's to check on james and finds him dead LOL :D Then they can put the blame on Emmerdale for giving Ronnie the idea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    So a lot of people are unhappy, a lot happy and a lot not sure!!
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    HAPPY is hardly the correct word to use, so this poll is deeply flawed in that context.

I am glad there's going to be some real emotive drama to look forward to. I would not be happy to know of a baby dying. Were people 'happy' there was going to be a tram crash and four deaths in Corrie, no, were they looking forward to a heavy duty storyline, yes (for the most part).

There are always people who have suffered from experiencing the miserable storylines shown no matter what they are. It doesn't stop soaps from using explosive and emotive storylines at Xmas and nor should it. What would people like? They all sit around and eat xmas dinner, go to church, and then sing some hymns and cristamas carols? That has never been the way soaps play it at xmas and I really hope it never is.
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait for this storyline, it'll be a laugh.
  • LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problem with a cot death story or even someone snatching a baby after the fact (these things happen). However the whole issue for me is the switching a dead baby with a living one and then carrying it on undetected for weeks, months or even years!

For me it all depends on how long they carry on the switch and if they have thought out all the little bits of detail. That we won't know until we see it so I am an unsure as I cannot judge any of these things until it has aired.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    No.

More misery for Ronnie. It's getting beyond a joke now.

^^
    This
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I'm not happy with it - however, i am looking forward to seeing the drama and story being told(hopefully with some amazing acting) on my TV.
    Forum Member
    Nice to see someone took my thread idea and used it for the upcoming tracey plot!!

I felt nurvous watching last night!!
    Forum Member
    Last night on EE, I felt like shouting at Kat to say "dont make friends with her, she is going to steel your baby!!!"
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish they wouldnt go ahead with this story. It means another year of Ronnie being miserable, I would have rather watched her develop her character in that she has a nice time but is a very over-protective mother.
    Forum Member
    cazzz wrote: »
    I wish they wouldnt go ahead with this story. It means another year of Ronnie being miserable, I would have rather watched her develop her character in that she has a nice time but is a very over-protective mother.

They will deff go ahead, no doubt about it...it gets people talking, thats all they wont
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    no it is going to be distressing and emotional
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't happy at first, but now after reading the spoilers I'm happier (still not happy about it, as who would be about a storyline like this, but happier), as it's clear they are handling this more sensitively than people first thought, and I think viewers will have sympathy for both characters which is important.

Alos I don't agree that viewers will think all mothers who lose a child are capable of stealing someone elses, as one, they know it's not real, and two Ronnie isn't the typical mother she's been through a lot which will drive her to do this.
    Forum Member
    More people are "happier" than I thought TBH
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure. EE is deeply silly so it's no surprise they'd concoct something like this. The only place we haven't gone is alien abduction or 'it was all a dream' territory.

Anything that elicits more hysterics from Jessie Wallace is not good in my book. A missed opportunity to do a sensitive and sensible piece on SIDS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    In one sense, I'm really excited for the storyline as it'll kick start EastEnders into 2011 and begin very strongly, especially since Kat and Ronnie are excellent characters played by wonderful Actresses.

However in another sense, I'm worried that this storyline will ruin the character of Ronnie and that's my only worry as she is a fantastic asset to the show and it's about she was given some happiness!
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    I'm not fond of Samantha or Jessie but it must spell the end for 'Ronnie' surely. She'll be joining Jean in the you-know-where.

But how they are going to handle the swap convincingly I do not know. It requires everyone involved to be duped and I don't see how that could possibly happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not happy with it at all I am so sick of them constantly giving heartache to Ronnie no wonder she's common seen as the Ice Queen of the square, give her some happiness for god sake. Personally I would prefer for Kat/alfie to be the ones to lose their baby as it would give them some really good deep stuff to do (just without the whole stupid switch thing).
  • cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't we had the baby swap deal in Corrie and Emmerdale. Why the heck have Eastenders got to do it too? I suppose now the producer's star cast member Stacey has gone all the most disturbing storylines are all going to go to Ronnie. How much grief can one character have? No wonder Eastenders is labelled depressing.
    Forum Member
    cleo petra wrote: »
    Haven't we had the baby swap deal in Corrie and Emmerdale. Why the heck have Eastenders got to do it too? I suppose now the producer's star cast member Stacey has gone all the most disturbing storylines are all going to go to Ronnie. How much grief can one character have? No wonder Eastenders is labelled depressing.

What about Kats Grief as well? She hasnt had it easy either...and her son wont even be dead
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    No.

More misery for Ronnie. It's getting beyond a joke now.

That's my view too.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Ronnie has always been unstable, she is so desprate for a baby, she probably will join Jean, but lets be honest, Ronnie has always been on the edge, plus there is a touch of Archie about her. I'm looking forward to this storyline, and they couldn't of pick two better characters for the sl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Cant see the problem, babies die and we should know the devastating consequences. As for swapping your dead baby for a live one well, perhaps distressed mothers and those with a history of trauma do odd/terrible things. We should not shy away from the these type of storylines, life isnt all roses, romance and shouting in the street.
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    It'll be awful to watch. I commend them for doing something brave but if you take away all the distressing reasons why this will be painful to watch, its just more of the same for Ronnie. More baby drama. No doubt it will split her and Jack up again. I really can't see where they can take her charactor after this. Do we know how long they are dragging this storyline on for?
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    lordo350 wrote: »
    No.
    It'll be awful to watch. I commend them for doing something brave but if you take away all the distressing reasons why this will be painful to watch, its just more of the same for Ronnie. More baby drama. No doubt it will split her and Jack up again. I really can't see where they can take her charactor after this. Do we know how long they are dragging this storyline on for?

Originally it was planned for two years with "twists and turns" (of course that could easily include Ronnie being found out etc) but there's been rewrites so we're not sure.

One way it could end - would be that..
    Ronnie lets people think that the hospital swapped the babies by mistake