How many Grammys will Adele win?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How many Grammys do you think Adele will win?

How many Grammys will Adele win? 82 votes

12% 10 votes
4% 4 votes
2% 2 votes
20% 17 votes
25% 21 votes
10% 9 votes
23% 19 votes

Comments

• konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    It would be great if she could sweep but this is The Grammys and there's always an upset or 2 so I'm not going to tempt fate. I fear AOTY is going to The Foos.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love her to sweep it, but fear the upset as well. I tip 4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also think 4. Sadly I think she will miss out on AOTY
  • If_U_Seek_AmyIf_U_Seek_Amy Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that you're underestimating GaGa, her album was a social movement and BTW the single was a game changer...I think she could do better than Adele!
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    I think that you're underestimating GaGa, her album was a social movement and BTW the single was a game changer...I think she could do better than Adele!

It was more a bowel movement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd find it really funny if she got none somehow but that's not gonna happen.

She will get a grammy or two but they've kinda tightened the belt of categories and awards this year so there are less grammys to be won. AOTY is almost always a curveball win so we'll see.
  • xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Im so glad she is going to win some Grammy's!!
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    It was more a bowel movement.

:D:D:D:D

4 Grammys for Adele, Gaga wil miss out and Thank God for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D:D

4 Grammys for Adele, Gaga wil miss out and Thank God for that.

We can only hope!

Though her 'monsters' will be crying foul whoever beats her...
  • IlleismIlleism Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she'll get at least 4, unless there's a real Mariah Carey style upset.

I wonder who voted for '0'?;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Illeism wrote: »
    I think she'll get at least 4, unless there's a real Mariah Carey style upset.

I wonder who voted for '0'?;)

I think the people who voted 0 are hope, not thik..
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    taylor swift won AOTY over I am sasha fierce and the fame. Nuff said. Seriously...adele deserves it based against the other nominees. Its like they made it easy for her to win.
  • shadesofblackshadesofblack Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    taylor swift won AOTY over I am sasha fierce and the fame. Nuff said. Seriously...adele deserves it based against the other nominees. Its like they made it easy for her to win.

This! When noms were announced I remember thinking that they just gave it to 21. Like they didn't want controversy this year.
    If the music industry, and her peers, love and respect Adele as much as everyone seems to think, then she should sweep all 6. Not many would complain (one or two here, but that just makes for a fun thread!).
    But this is the Grammys. Foos could take AOTY and SOTY could go elsewhere. The rest should already have her name engraved on them.

I can totally see the Grammys being an Adele lovefest this year. Let the Adele coronation begin! I voted sweep cause that's how I roll!

Btw- I love how all the fan voted award shows in the US can't limit the stans from voting more than once, but DS can. :)
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    taylor swift won AOTY over I am sasha fierce and the fame.

I know.. great isn't it! :eek: :cool: :p

I voted for 1 award for Adele as I can't see her going empty handed :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I have a sneaky suspicion they're going to give AOTY to the Foo's. It just seems too "obvious" to give it to 21.

Should that happen, she'll almost certainly take Pop Vocal Album, ROTY and SOTY.

I don't see her coming out of this with less than 3/4.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I put five, but I can't see it being fewer than four. The main reason is because they gave Adele the Best New Artist awards a couple of years ago (over Lady Antebellum) so I think it'll mostly be a night of the self-congratulation for the Academy, saying that they 'predicted' her success. The Grammy's can't resist a bit of self-indulgence. I don't think there'll be a major upset anyway.
    Forum Member
    lumiere wrote: »
    I put five, but I can't see it being less than four. The main reason is because they gave Adele the Best New Artist awards a couple of years ago (over Lady Antebellum) so I think it'll mostly be a night of the self-congratulation for the Academy, saying that they 'predicted' her success. The Grammy's can't resist a bit of self-indulgence. I don't think there'll be a major upset anyway.

I did too. It'd cause outrage that the biggest female act (on a global scale) since Madonna, whitney and mariah loses out at the grammys. it'd make them unpopular. funny thing is the acts I just named all were snubbed by NARAS! ROTY, SOTY, pop vocal album and vocal performance for adele minimum. she deserves it based on those categories after all. Oh and she'll win for best video short form, as it works well with the metaphors in the song. so I bet 5 all in all. Maybe even AOTY.
    Forum Member
    I did too. It'd cause outrage that the biggest female act (on a global scale) since Madonna, whitney and mariah loses out at the grammys. it'd make them unpopular. funny thing is the acts I just named all were snubbed by NARAS! ROTY, SOTY, pop vocal album and vocal performance for adele minimum. she deserves it based on those categories after all. Oh and she'll win for best video short form, as it works well with the metaphors in the song. so I bet 5 all in all. Maybe even AOTY.

I doubt it'd cause outrage for Gaga to lose out. ;)
    Forum Member

I meant in a...be quiet. :p;):D:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can see her winning the general categories easily but idk about the pop categories. she can win the music video category easily. but in terms of lady gaga, well if she shows up she'll probably win one and i doubt theyll send her home empty handed. but if adele doesnt show up which i doubt then its up for grabs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The thing about Gaga and AOTY is that TF and TFM were better albums (pretty much a universal opinion) and she didn't win AOTY for them. So no way will she win this year, imo. And why no BTW for record of the year?! It's like she threw in the towel. Wth? She shouldn't win sh!t just for that facked up move alone. Is she nominated in a category without Adele in it? If so, she could win that one.
    Forum Member
    I meant in a...be quiet. :p;):D:mad:

:p

The thing about Gaga and AOTY is that TF and TFM were better albums (pretty much a universal opinion) and she didn't win AOTY for them. So no way will she win this year, imo. And why no BTW for record of the year?! It's like she threw in the towel. Wth? She shouldn't win sh!t just for that facked up move alone. Is she nominated in a category without Adele in it? If so, she could win that one.

It is? I wouldn't confuse "more popular" with "better". Besides, they obviously liked it enough to nominate her yet again.

Her label bizarrely didn't submit BTW or TEOG for nominations at all, instead they put forward Judas and Y&I. That seems incredibly stupid on the surface, but it could have been a clever move. My theory is that they knew that no pop hit would stand up against RITD in SOTY/ROTY, so didn't bother trying, instead opting to highlight Gaga's singer/songwriter Grammy friendly side with Y&I (Judas was probably thrown in there to ensure Y&I was nominated). By self-snubbing her in the main categories, they practically ensured a nod in Pop Solo Performance and perhaps may have even ensured an easier win. Her performing Y&I at the Nominations Concert was no accident.

Maybe that's over thinking it, but I very much doubt there was no reason behind ignoring the albums biggest hits.

Bad Romance was snubbed from ROTY and SOTY, so it's not the end of the world.
    Forum Member

It is? I wouldn't confuse "more popular" with "better". Besides, they obviously liked it enough to nominate her yet again.

Her label bizarrely didn't submit BTW or TEOG for nominations at all, instead they put forward Judas and Y&I. That seems incredibly stupid on the surface, but it could have been a clever move. My theory is that they knew that no pop hit would stand up against RITD in SOTY/ROTY, so didn't bother trying, instead opting to highlight Gaga's singer/songwriter Grammy friendly side with Y&I (Judas was probably thrown in there to ensure Y&I was nominated). By self-snubbing her in the main categories, they practically ensured a nod in Pop Solo Performance and perhaps may have even ensured an easier win. Her performing Y&I at the Nominations Concert was no accident.

Maybe that's over thinking it, but I very much doubt there was no reason behind ignoring the albums biggest hits.

that last big paragrpah is interesting. mmmhmmm :cool:
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    The 1st Official video from The Grammys this year to feature an Artist, and it's Adele.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-EfwK739L0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Better, more popular, either word works in this case. But I still don't think she will take AOTY. And these are just opinions. Means nothing. :)
    But I see your point in the record labels reasoning. They threw in the towel against RITD for SOTY/ROTY and focused You and I on vocals. Against Adele's SLY and 21.
    We will see how that works for them soon enough.

If Gaga performs I really can't see her walking empty handed. It's like a bribe and she is extremely entertaining.
    But in my opinion, for the sh!t it's worth, Adele's vocals dominated this past year. And she has already won pop vocals with Chasing Pavements in 2009.