Options

GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• Options
    Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Gogglebox is getting a bit tedious for me, too much self promotion for Channel 4 and too much news/current affairs stuff and forced reactions.
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    I love Sandy and Sandra but i hate it when they eat takeaways in front of the tv its like they do that every night

They are disgusting. They have enough food for at least 4 people and have the table manners of a fox

Have they not heard of portion control or salad?
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why the German man's family are not featured much on it much anymore. I don't think the two friends in the caravan added much to the show. It is still my favourite show though. I hope if I get married I end up being like the posh couple or Leon and June.
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope if I get married I end up being like the posh couple or Leon and June.

You mean drunk or bitter and twisted? (Leon. June seems perfectly normal)
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. She is very quick witted. Overlook the fake tan.

Yeah I think she's great too. Very funny girl. One of my favourites along with the Siddiqui family and Stephen and Chris.
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good show last night. The dolls thing was bizarre.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    The newsnight bit was so transparent from them all. Let's pretend to be PC to keep our place on the left biased channel 4 show.

Says a desperate Kipper
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    I havn't seen it. :D

Nor me, and I still won't be watching. I can't stand anything to do with the dinosaur age (apart from Dino in The Flintstones!)
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    are we allowed to laugh at Sidiqui Fathers joke about Pistorious :confused::D
    I think we were meant to :D
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Who is this couple living in a whetherboard house? I haven't seen them before.
  • Options
    Bob_KnoobbBob_Knoobb Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    What is it with CH4's obsession with UKIP.. Alan and Jimny Carr are constantly attacking them too. . But of course in their tax bracket they'll be pro tory
    I think Jimmy Carr's 'Tax bracket' is quite unique, I seem to recall him getting slagged off by David Cameron who then went oddly very quiet when Tory supporter Gary Barlow was later involved in a similar tax avoidance scheme.
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the producers gay obsession for gogglebox?

a new couple.. some old gay guy?

we have them in spades already, how about someone from Scotland, Wales or Ireland?
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be the only person who doesn't mind the Moffat lass I think she's ok not the brightest but not the worst by a long way

Add me to the list! As said, not maybe the brightest spark, but certainly not the dimmest, and even if mum does over-react to her humour sometimes, the whole family does seem like a well knit and caring little group! :D
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder why the German man's family are not featured much on it much anymore. I don't think the two friends in the caravan added much to the show. It is still my favourite show though. I hope if I get married I end up being like the posh couple or Leon and June.
    They are not in it anymore, because George, the son was in Celebrity Big Brother, and so the family could not be regarded as average any more, which is what Gogglebox is all about.
  • Options
    AmaleeAmalee Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Tellystar wrote: »
    They are not in it anymore, because George, the son was in Celebrity Big Brother, and so the family could not be regarded as average any more, which is what Gogglebox is all about.
    You're getting mixed up or you've quoted the wromg person. He was talking about Ralf the German not George and his famly lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really want the Michael's family mother to teach me how to knit and quilt... she looks very talented! TV series for her, please!
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The celebrity version is currently on 4Seven in all its glory.

Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell seem like genuinely fun, nice people. Kate Moss in particular seems like a right laugh. That took me by surprise.

Still too much X Factor, Downton Abbey and news stories for my liking.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you really call June and Leon average, what average person, havevthere burthday celebrations, surrounded with Hollyoaks cast.

What is average for some and not others
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    if this guy wants to be in the UKIP party then its up to him,,fairly inane comments from them imo,,, mock outrage cus they are on TV

I had a feeling they'd support UKIP, but they've never given much of an indication as to their political allegiance...to be honest I think they generally just avoid getting too invested in politics and just keep to the simple idea of 'everything is b****cks, lets pop open the champagne'. :D
  • Options
    lylonic_xlylonic_x Posts: 2,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogglebox is the way to the devil, do not view it, it is fake and illuminati, they are watching.
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I still enjoy Gogglebox, but I'm getting bored of all the news stories. Why can't they watch some dramas, comedies and panel shows instead of having The X Factor, Newsnight and the news on again?
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I can't understand why anyone is going on about the programs they watch, I'm not watching this as a TV review, it's their reactions I'm watching for, so why does it matter.
    I expect X factor or Strictly are included because they get the liveliest reactions in the most Gogglebox homes.
    One clip, 3 or 4 households reaction to it.
    Maybe they don't react much to one or two key scenes in drama's or whatever across 3 or 4 households?

Apart form the News or Newsnight, which I'll occasionally dip into, I can only remember them featuring 2 programs I've watched and that must have been quite a few series back.

Anyway 9 times out of 10, time always flies by with Gogglebox, for me, credits begin to roll 'Oh is that it already?'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I love them all apart from the shouty mother of the Tapper family, she just shouts all the time
  • Options
    Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you really call June and Leon average, what average person, havevthere burthday celebrations, surrounded with Hollyoaks cast.

What is average for some and not others

Err actually, if you read the news story, you would see that Leon and June went to the Restaurant separately to the Hollyoaks cast to celebrate Leon's Birthday. Someone from the cast obviously recognised him and went over to congratulate him and have a drink with him...

Hardly the same as what you said, is it?
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Chloe Jasmine is fit.
This discussion has been closed.