cher lloyd and jessie j are their careers over

Comments

• walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,818
    Forum Member
    Semierotic wrote: »
    Hasn't Jessie J had 2 albums in a row flop now? I know pop is all about the singles but it's debatable whether she can carry one on her own.

I wouldn't call them flops personally.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with Jessie J (other than the fact that she's nowhere near as talented as people make her out to be) is that she was pushed as this big megastar after a couple of hits. It was so forced and she was so overexposed that people got sick of her pretty quickly.

The fact that she has no sense of subtlety or restraint when singing, screeching her way through every line, doesn't help.
  • samantha_vinesamantha_vine Posts: 1,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neil_N wrote: »
    Cher Lloyd - sadly, I think she's gone. OK, I am not the biggest fan of her but "Sirens" and "With ur Love" were good songs, and with the right material she had potential. Sadly, her career is over and will be remember for the novelty hit "Swagger Jagger" aka England Riots song 2011 (It was #1 the weekend it happened).

Jessie J - well, I think if she returned to her roots from the first album, she'd be a big hit again, but she comes across as so unlikeable it's alienating her from her fans. This one could go either way.

Is Jessie J that bad....what so unlikable about her?
  • CalpowellCalpowell Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Cher Lloyd was signed to THE worst record label ever, Epic Records. They never promote any of their artists and all their artists flop (see Karmin, fifth harmony, Avrill lavigne, Ciara) they have meghan trainor on their label so have recently struck gold with her,but before her "all about the bass" song took off Chers "Want U Back" was the biggest hit the label had had in 3 years

Cher is now signed to universal music and will feature on Little Mix and CashCash's albums which are due out this year

Her album had VERY little promo, and it still managed to go top 30 in lots of countries
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Jessie J i think would be fine with better songs like off her first album
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie J can keep soldiering on with top 20 albums, tours and now being on the voice etc but her peak is well in truly over.

Cher Lloyd is your definition of a one hit wonder, she might be able to salvage some sort of career in the USA as they seem to quite like her but breaking back into the UK might be hard as a lot of people didn't even like her in the first place due to her begin super smug on X Factor.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cher has lived in L.A for three years and I agree L.A reid is terrible he ruined Mariah's career not bothering to promote e=mc2 after touch my body.
    I do feel sorry for her actually she has toured non stop since want u back in the U.S.
    yet still hasn't broken big yes she's had one top ten hit and sorry I'm late went top 20 but considering how hard she's worked should be a bigger star by now.
    she has also appeared on every tv show there including a larry king interview.
    Americas got talent macy's thanksgiving day parade you name it in my opinion she should have done her 2nd album in the UK like olly murs then gone to the U.S
    although to be honest I don't care for her second album as much as sticks and stones.
    Jessie I loved her debut but she has ruined her own career also going back in the closet didn't help as many of her lesbian/bi fans would have helped that album do so well she does write songs but like beyonce co-writes with others.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no are you on meth they are the most influential artists of our generation with better pop songs that are better than anything the beatles or hanson ever wrote massive influence on my songs too

heres the link https://soundcloud.com/mysteriousmen
    tell me what you think yeah
    Really? I don't know many octogenarians like you who rate those two as anything to do with their generation!

Dementia is it? The only excuse for liking such banality. Happy 83rd birthday today old fella. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    am I the only one who thinks cher made a mistake going off to the U.S before establishing her uk fanbase unlike olly murs who has only just gone out there.
    he has sold a lot of records in the uk and Europe and will probably be around a lot longer I think Jessie is over now unless she comes back with an amazing single.
  • CalpowellCalpowell Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Cher has songs with Little Mix, CashCash and also Aston Merrygold which are due out later this year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cher left the uk 3 years ago and hasn't been back apart from to promote her awful single sirens I actually think she's a great singer and rapper.
    But I get the impression she doesn't care about her uk fanbase or what's left of them.
    she just gigs in the U.S I personally think it's a waste of time since she's only had one top ten hit and a moderate hit with demi lovato I think she thought she'd be this massive star and hasn't been I mean I've never seen her on the grammys or American music awards or vma's anything like that and she's done every TV show there is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    let's hope so.
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    As much as people don't like her, Cher Lloyd is actually a brilliant song writer - see "Sirens".

I don't think their over. I think Cher's career was handled terribly by Epic records in the US - her second album is pop brilliance. Jessie J however, just doesn't seem to have anything going for her really.
    Forum Member
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    am I the only one who thinks cher made a mistake going off to the U.S before establishing her uk fanbase unlike olly murs who has only just gone out there.
    he has sold a lot of records in the uk and Europe and will probably be around a lot longer I think Jessie is over now unless she comes back with an amazing single.

Not at all. The UK treated her terribly.

Also, Olly tried to crack the US before, but failed, so he came back to the UK.
    Forum Member
    GracieL wrote: »
    Jessie J can keep soldiering on with top 20 albums, tours and now being on the voice etc but her peak is well in truly over.

Cher Lloyd is your definition of a one hit wonder, she might be able to salvage some sort of career in the USA as they seem to quite like her but breaking back into the UK might be hard as a lot of people didn't even like her in the first place due to her begin super smug on X Factor.

One hit implies one hit, though, doesn't it?

She had Swagger Jagger and We Found Love over here.

In the US she had Want U Back and had a very successful tour - and then toured arena's with Demi Lovato.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Jessie J is doing fine she had a massive song Bang Bang which done well all over the world and her album done decently. Cher Lloyd ain't doing the best atm but she's signed to a new album after leaving Epic who handled her terribly so hopefully she gets back on track and radio starts supporting her as I think she has bags of pontential .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    One hit implies one hit, though, doesn't it?

She had Swagger Jagger and We Found Love over here.

In the US she had Want U Back and had a very successful tour - and then toured arena's with Demi Lovato.

We Found Love is a Rihanna song :confused:
    Forum Member
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    We Found Love is a Rihanna song :confused:

Oh god. I meant With Ur Love! I was listening to Rihanna at the time. Apologies!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    The problem with Jessie J (other than the fact that she's nowhere near as talented as people make her out to be) is that she was pushed as this big megastar after a couple of hits. It was so forced and she was so overexposed that people got sick of her pretty quickly.

The fact that she has no sense of subtlety or restraint when singing, screeching her way through every line, doesn't help.

I totally agree with this. The amount of hype she got was ridiculous. Her songs aren't even that good. Do It Like A Dude was terrible. When I first heard Price Tag I thought she sounded like Natasha Bedingfield with slightly different music. I listened to her albums and to be honest they're nothing special.
  • RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as people don't like her, Cher Lloyd is actually a brilliant song writer - see "Sirens".

Ok I've gone and seen 'Sirens' and she has no writing credits on that song....erm?
  • SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I first clattered into Sirens partway through on a music channel, I thought it was quite an impressive tune, though when the caption reading Cher Lloyd came up, I initially thought "that can't be right, that girl's prettier than Cher Lloyd and that song's better than Cher Lloyd's song". But I made my peace with the situation and decided to dump my old prejudices about people from X Factor...
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    Jessiej's problems are that she was overhyped and overexposed (performing twice at the Olympics closing get ceremony when once solo would have done for example) and flitting about from genre to genre, one minute she's 'doing it like a dude' with a r&b track, the next she's appealing to radio2 with a ballad and performing on Strictly. End result is the middle of the road audience think she's too wild for them, but the younger audience think she's middle of the road!
    Forum Member
    Rocketpop wrote: »
    Ok I've gone and seen 'Sirens' and she has no writing credits on that song....erm?

Really? She's credited on the album booklet!
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I hope Cher Llyod's is but I like Jessie J.
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    jojoeno wrote: »
    Cher LLoyd didnt even get of the ground.

Jessie is a beautiful , talented singer of the very highest degree , she will always be tops in my eyes and ...she is the most honest and decent people out there at present .

Would that be the same Jesssie J who banged on about "keepin it real .....and being tru to yourself " who admitted to being gay I mean Bisexual then dismissed her live in girlfriend as just a " phase " and proclaimed that she now loves cock ? coincedentially all this happpened when she was trying to break into the US market.......

Generally honest and beautiful people tend not be hypocrites :D