Project Cars

Comments

• circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is the only game tempting me to upgrade to next (or current) gen.

and i am not even into cars that much.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I now know why they've made it so close to the PC with the graphics menu. It seems that when everything is on full then it'll only run at 30 fps so if we want 60 then some things will need to be reduced. Still think it'll look good though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wondered if there would be a demo but just looked on their site under FAQ and it now says no demo will be available. Not a big surprise to be honest since its only a few weeks from launch. 110 courses is fantastic. Hopefully more will be added at some point. The more the better as far as im concerned.
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pre-ordered this (PS4).

Looking forward to the online multiplayer.....
    Continually collide with other drivers and you'll slowly make acquaintances with others of similar destructive tendencies. Drive with good sportsmanlike conduct and you'll be enjoying the company of other refined opponents.

Hopefully I'll be in the latter category - this might actually make for some good clean racing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when will reviews be out? if this gets 8/10 or higher on gamespot i am gonna buy a xone
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    when will reviews be out? if this gets 8/10 or higher on gamespot i am gonna buy a xone
    The reviews from the mainstream sites are something i'm a little concerned about because i'm not sure a lot of the reviewers are going to get what this game is & i'm not sure many (If any) of the big sites have people there who do any sim-racing who will really get what this game is aiming to be & why it has so many detailed options etc...

You don't often (if ever) see any of the sites touch the proper sims like iRacing, Rfactor, Assetto Corsa, Richard Burns Rally etc... which Project Cars is aiming to be so i'm just a little worried that they will instead start comparing it to the likes of Forza & Gran Turismo & rating it down for been harder & less assessable than those more simcade titles.

There's a dozen new video's out from Team VVV including one's looking at the graphical options you get on the console versions & how they stand up to 30+ car grids:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamVVV/videos
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say to anyone don't base your decision on whether to buy it or not on reviews. I don't think it'll review great because of what type it is. This is full on sim obviously its gonna be compared to games like forza, GT and driveclub which is unfair because this a completely different type of game to them but some people will avoid it which will mean they may miss out on a truly great game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i mentioned gamespot as they are quite strict usually.

i get shoulldnt base solely on reviews but then my worry is will i like the game?

because i am not into cars really, i like f1 cos its a sport but tuning etc means nothing to me. i also kinda used to hate the handling on TOCA(ps1 version) but i grew to like that game too.

it just looks so lush and i feel like a serious racer as i picked up forza and won most races quite easily from start to finish, i want a challenge. but maybe it will be too hard and i will end up hating it?

so many questionssssssssssss
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,719
    Forum Member
    A good interview with Andy Tudor (project cars creative director): https://youtu.be/06xim0gu3vQ
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Once I've had a play I'll pop my thoughts on here for what it's worth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks, its quite a big decision for me as its 300 quid console to boot lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i mentioned gamespot as they are quite strict usually.

i get shoulldnt base solely on reviews but then my worry is will i like the game?

because i am not into cars really, i like f1 cos its a sport but tuning etc means nothing to me. i also kinda used to hate the handling on TOCA(ps1 version) but i grew to like that game too.

it just looks so lush and i feel like a serious racer as i picked up forza and won most races quite easily from start to finish, i want a challenge. but maybe it will be too hard and i will end up hating it?

so many questionssssssssssss

I have enjoyed past forza games and I am not usually into tuning but wanted a challenge and this should give me that challenge plus the fact it looks amazing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have never used cokpit view in racing games but i like the camera angle when f1 is on tv so i am tempted to use it now and see what racing is like from inside the car
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have never used cokpit view in racing games but i like the camera angle when f1 is on tv so i am tempted to use it now and see what racing is like from inside the car

I remember other f1 games I've played and I usually had t cam. Very rarely had cockpit view on any racing game but on this I might try it with some of the cars.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    thanks, its quite a big decision for me as its 300 quid console to boot lol

There must be some other games on the X1 that interest you as I'm not sure this is the sort of game that will persuade people to buy a new console for it. I think games like Halo 5 and Forza 6 will probably be system sellers.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member

I have been using cockpit view in quite a few of my racing games and have found that it adds an a new challenge in some cars with some quite restricted vision in some cars such as the LMP cars.

I'm very curious to try the helmet cam view to see how that adds to the driving experience, especially in open cockpit cars during wet races.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    I think the only thing holding me off on buying this is the career mode - I'm not entirely convinced by it. Apart from that, it looks technically very sound.

So glad to actually have a proper racing sim on the current gen consoles at last.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    There must be some other games on the X1 that interest you as I'm not sure this is the sort of game that will persuade people to buy a new console for it. I think games like Halo 5 and Forza 6 will probably be system sellers.

not really. i play pro evoltuion soccer majority of the year and i already have that for 360.

tbh i dunno if i am losing my love for games but they just dont enchant me like they used to :(

PC is one i actually like thought of putting on my big telly and giving a good bash at mastering. other than that final fantasy 15,MGS and kingdom of hearts are only games that stand out in future right now. all really sony games lol

i think i should complete mass effect 3 before i buy anything else though!
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely getting this. Just not sure whether to get on PSN or elsewhere. I appreciate it will be a couple of quid more on PSN but I think it's only actually £45 on there? The extra fiver is worth it for the convenience of having it on your HDD, I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    Definitely getting this. Just not sure whether to get on PSN or elsewhere. I appreciate it will be a couple of quid more on PSN but I think it's only actually £45 on there? The extra fiver is worth it for the convenience of having it on your HDD, I think.

I pre ordered it on Amazon at £42 few month ago but its now 39. Did think about cancelling it and getting it via download but decided against it.
  • RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After being constantly letdown by games on the generation of consoles this is my this is my big hope - both The Crew and Driveclub were underwhelming last year, I hope PC pulls it around - the youtube previews look amazing and the fact this has proper AI not horrible Catchup/Rubberbanding crap is filling me with hope.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was always just a matter of which console to get it on.
    In the end I've gone for X1 for controller preference.
    Maybe I should invest in a wheel...
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    I pre ordered it on Amazon at £42 few month ago but its now 39. Did think about cancelling it and getting it via download but decided against it.

I think I'd still rather pay the extra £5 and get it through PSN.

I never sell discs so there's no resale value to me, and am much more likely to play something that's on HDD instead of having to get up and change the disc... lazy I know but true.

I wonder if they'll offer any PS+ discount but I doubt it, might just get the preorder done on PSN and not worry about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you head down to your local game store you can try pc. Think I'll wait for it to arrive.
  • martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    mojobrew wrote: »

I pre-ordered mine on PSN last week, didn't think £45 was too steep for a digital copy to be honest, no trips to the shops or waiting in for post and it'll be ready bang on midnight, with this comes risk, if I end up hating Project Cars I can't trade it in or sell it on, really taking a punt on this one.

Another reason I chose PSN digital copy is because it comes with all pre-order car packs content but other disc based retailers don't offer all the pre-order car packs. ( I could be wrong)