Options

Earliest Memory Of Pat Is.......

marius1marius1 Posts: 5,529
Forum Member
one of mine is her going on a picnic with cathy, dot, ange and before she packed the oranges into the picnic backet her injecting them with vodka:D

what r urs?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    anyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    My first memory of watching Pat was when she got mugged, sometime in the 80s. I don't think I paid much attention to her beforehand, but as I was only young at the time, I was shaken up by it and then interested to see how she coped afterwards
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was in 1987 when Pat was attacked by the Walford attacker...
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Mine was when she first arrived and had a completely different, nasty personality. Yet another character who had a personality transplant. Great scriptwriting.

And one of my favourite memories was when she killed someone when drinking and driving. Lovely person.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Mine was when she first arrived and had a completely different, nasty personality. Yet another character who had a personality transplant. Great scriptwriting.

And one of my favourite memories was when she killed someone when drinking and driving. Lovely person.

I remember her first scene too - bursting into the launderette and surprising Dot and Ethel.

My favourite Pat moment was the famous Christmas 1986 episode, when she spent the whole time winding up Pete and Kathy.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    I remember her first scene too - bursting into the launderette and surprising Dot and Ethel.

i remember that. But I also remember Arthur and Pete were squabbling and Pauline is told of Pats arrival on the square and she said

"Those two might be a pair of bulls but that one is a COW!"
  • Options
    Karen1969Karen1969 Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When she got mugged and beaten up and blamed Pete, she had only just come into the show
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her cryinf and saying to Frank "What we gonna do?" as they watched the car lot burn, I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Karen1969 wrote: »
    When she got mugged and beaten up and blamed Pete, she had only just come into the show

I thought she hadn't been in it long when it happened, but she wasn't a character I paid much attention to until then, as I vaguely remember not liking her originally, so I wouldn't have been surprised to learn she'd been in it months by the time that happened
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first memory of Pat would be from the late 80s, early 90s (before I watched the show). All I remember is her sitting at a kitchen table giving a severe bollocking to someone, and coming across as much more aggressive and outspoken than the softer and more matriarchal figure she settled in to.
  • Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only remember her from the early 90's on. I think the first memory of her was when she was sent to prison for drink driving. I remember Janine getting bullied by girls in school because her stepmum was a jailbird.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    aah the memories, sweet memories
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a fantastic scene from December 1987, where Pat's in the Dagmar pouring her heart out to Angie about how lonely she is. It's a very moving and beautifully acted scene.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was the first catfight her and peggy had over frank or something. it was a two hander containing only them i think.

and the next episode had just roy and frank in it.
  • Options
    EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    since I am only 17 my earliest memories of Pat is when she used to work in the cafe:)
  • Options
    BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is the iconic slaps with Peggy.
  • Options
    MamaboogieMamaboogie Posts: 3,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm old enough to remember Lou Beale giving Pat a telling off and saying how nobody liked her. I think it might have been just before she was attacked by the Walford Attacker!