Stealing from shops that have gone Bust

Jamie_TiongJamie_Tiong Posts: 133
Forum Member
If u were to steal or just pick up any item from the remaining hmv/blockbusters stores that are still open will u get charged or into trouble for it or let u away with it since the business is bust makes no sense to make any money from what left over stock they have

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a thought. Go try that tomorrow, and let us know how it goes ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    I'd imagine you'd get into trouble.

Same as if you went into a bailed-out bank and stole a chair or something.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know, but I'm not risking getting arrested for the sake of a small amount of store credit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    If u were to steal or just pick up any item from the remaining hmv/blockbusters stores that are still open will u get charged or into trouble for it or let u away with it since the business is bust makes no sense to make any money from what left over stock they have

er... Yes.

In hmv's case you will find the administrators have hired additional security to stop this from happening.:eek:
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The op is a fine representation of dumbed down Britain.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at the branch of HMV I saw today, you'd have been nicked before you could have finished putting that CD inside your coat pocket - so no!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    The op is a fine representation of dumbed down Britain.

I think he's probably an example of Trolled-up internet
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snoop76 wrote: »
    er... Yes.

In hmv's case you will find the administrators have hired additional security to stop this from happening.:eek:

I do hope this does not happen again then.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/6935113.stm
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do it Jamie, see how far you get!:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as much trouble as you get for wasting binary.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/16/3882250/man-walks-out-of-hmv-with-games-after-voucher-refusal

He got away with it? Why didn't he just use his vouchers earlier? We all know they've been in trouble for ages!
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member

Maybe consider stealing a book on grammar and punctuation if at all possible?
  • rhodrhod Posts: 3,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    I do hope this does not happen again then.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/6935113.stm

A tragic and highly unusual case.

Entirely irrelevant to the OP, though.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes they will let you get away with it 100% J. What you should do tomorrow is grab a trolley, go to HMV, load that baby up and walk out, it's totally fine dude. *thumbs up*
  • Jack-UKJack-UK Posts: 1,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Yes they will let you get away with it 100% J. What you should do tomorrow is grab a trolley, go to HMV, load that baby up and walk out, it's totally fine dude. *thumbs up*

Then sell it all on Ebay for a higher price than what HMV were selling it for. Get in there Jamie, you are missing out on a great money making scheme here! ;)
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only idiots steal from shops PERIOD

please do, then go to prison jackass
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ....since the business is bust makes no sense to make any money from what left over stock they have

It makes perfect sense - the remaining stock is usually sold off to pay back debts or tax liabilities owed by the company.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    The quality of the trolls around here sure has taken a nose-dive over the past few months.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Caldari wrote: »
    The quality of the trolls around here sure has taken a nose-dive over the past few months.

I know. They're so boring.

It's almost like they're not really trying anymore; just doing it for the sake of it.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack-UK wrote: »
    Then sell it all on Ebay for a higher price than what HMV were selling it for. Get in there Jamie, you are missing out on a great money making scheme here! ;)

See, are you listening Jamie? This could be the first day of the rest of your like. Ebay power seller ;)
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    I'd imagine you'd get into trouble.

Same as if you went into a bailed-out bank and stole a chair or something.

Try this too.
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    I know. They're so boring.

It's almost like they're not really trying anymore; just doing it for the sake of it.

Pet baby dolphins in the bath was a high point, IMHO
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member

They aren't 'bust'. They are in administration.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP will be missed.

(Can't even say that convincingly!)
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's some immense logic there.

I mean, "going bust" would generally entail either massive debts or zero cashflow or both, and so you'd think that would be precisely the time when they'd actually like some money from the remaining assets they actually have, no?

The very fact that HMV aren't vomiting free CDs from the store front at idiots passing by would rather seem to be indicative of the fact that, yes, you do still have to ****ing pay...