Options

Leafblowing - Which type of leafblower do you prefer using?

xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Earlier today, I was helping my uncle to clear away the fallen leaves from his driveway and backyard and the type of leafblower he was using was an electrical one, as he prefers them type compared to the petrol powered leafblowers.

For those of you who use leafblowers, which type do you prefer using the best? Petrol powered or electrical powered?

Comments

• Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Use a rake and spare our ears.
  • Options
    cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Use a rake and spare our ears.

Being on the receiving end of a neighbours large trees that due to prevailing winds conveniently leave his lawn clear as his leaves mostly blew over and remained upon our lawn - some 9 to 12 sackfulls, We decided after many years of enduring this
    to invest in an electric blower that has restored the status quo back to his lawn nicely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cessna wrote: »
    Being on the receiving end of a neighbours large trees that due to prevailing winds conveniently leave his lawn clear as his leaves mostly blew over and remained upon our lawn - some 9 to 12 sackfulls, We decided after many years of enduring this
    to invest in an electric blower that has restored the status quo back to his lawn nicely.
    I would have threatened to take legal action against him, unless he cleared up the leaves for me! :D
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petrol. more powerful and versatile. i use a stihl.

im a professional gardener btw.
  • Options
    fainéantfainéant Posts: 2,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Petrol ones tend to be much heavier but you are not tied by the cable like an electrical one. If you can afford it a backpack style petrol one is best for blowing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fainéant wrote: »
    Petrol ones tend to be much heavier but you are not tied by the cable like an electrical one. If you can afford it a backpack style petrol one is best for blowing.
    I think my uncle's leafblower is battery powered or something. :o
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use an electric Ryobi. I've had Black & Decker and Flymo in the past - each were OK but had plastic blades which snapped when even a twig was sucked up. And B&Q only stock replacement blades in spring time!

Ryobi has metal blades - but is a bit noisy (I wear ear defenders anyway so not a problem), and is by far the best so far.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AMD Radeon 290/x, that'll clear em, as well as the trees, flowers, buildings.................... :D