Just say what you mean Daily Mail - George Michael

SplotSplot Posts: 600
Forum Member
✭✭
‘Self-conscious’ George Michael ‘shuts himself off from the world’ following mystery illness, say close friends

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2707283/Self-conscious-George-Michael-shuts-world-following-mystery-illness-say-close-friends.html

What could they be inferring. How hateful - not to mention obvious.

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2708467/George-Michael-hints-Wham-reunion-bandmate-Andrew-Ridgeley.html

And yet in the SOS, they reckon he's spoken to magazines, had Andrew Ridgley round and is talking about a Wham reunion.

The truth is probably somewhere in between the two
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't really understand ....are they insinuating that George Michael has 'acquired' an illness??
  • SplotSplot Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't really understand ....are they insinuating that George Michael has 'acquired' an illness??

It certainly seems that way to me.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Splot wrote: »
    ‘Self-conscious’ George Michael ‘shuts himself off from the world’ following mystery illness, say close friends

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2707283/Self-conscious-George-Michael-shuts-world-following-mystery-illness-say-close-friends.html

How is that hateful ? Just a straight forward piece of show biz gossip.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »

I don't think it is straight forward though. I think it's inviting you to read between the lines.
  • ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it is straight forward though. I think it's inviting you to read between the lines.

You seem to be the only one getting that impression. If you've jumped to that conclusion it says more about you than the Daily Mail.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the Daily Fail. "Hateful" is their default state.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    You seem to be the only one getting that impression. If you've jumped to that conclusion it says more about you than the Daily Mail.

Rubbish, That article is ripe with typical lowlife DM innuendo. And all nonsense as it turns out since there's another article that completely contradicts it.
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    They lifted the story from the Daily Mirror.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well usually I read things that 'imply' he has advanced HIV - AIDS ... this one seems to imply he has tried suicide & continues to do so.

if they had facts they would print them. salt pinch with take.
  • ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well usually I read things that 'imply' he has advanced HIV - AIDS ... this one seems to imply he has tried suicide & continues to do so.

Where on Earth are you getting this from? What do you read?
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Where on Earth are you getting this from? What do you read?

The rumours that he has HIV are hardly new.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I suggest it is you who has the over-active imagination. Nowhere in that article does it make any reference to HIV, AIDS or any other nastiness. It says he is self-conscious about his scars, that's all. Sheesh, some people love to heap ordure on the DM, don't they?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Quite patently I'm not the only one. As for the second part of your post that sounds like something a five-year-old would come out with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    I suggest it is you who has the over-active imagination. Nowhere in that article does it make any reference to HIV, AIDS or any other nastiness. It says he is self-conscious about his scars, that's all. Sheesh, some people love to heap ordure on the DM, don't they?

And I'd suggest you are naive. An article doesn't have to make direct references to something to infer it. Newspapers have been doing it for years. Discussing Uganda, tired and emotional, confirmed bachelor, the list goes on.
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read the article and read he has scars from falling from the back seat of his car travelling on the M1 ? I dont get a paper or watch anything "showbiz" So missed that.. but what happened?
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Being hateful is how the Mail (amongst others) does their 'showbiz gossip'. So much showbiz gossip is hateful.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm no expert on HIV, but from what I have seen and read, people tend to lose weight not put weight on. The article says he is conscious of the scars he has on his throat due to a tracheotomy and on his head due to "falling" out the land rover on the M1. He is also conscious about his weight gain as he has put on a lot of weight, he also split from his long term boyfriend so probably doesn't feel like socializing as he is still not over the break up.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I'd suggest you are naive. An article doesn't have to make direct references to something to infer it. Newspapers have been doing it for years. Discussing Uganda, tired and emotional, confirmed bachelor, the list goes on.

And those expressions are used *where* in this article? Nowhere - you simply have an axe and can't wait to grind it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

OMG... DM is shitte nasty pointless lazy journalism
    And youre turning this onto a poster whos actually talking sense
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Wake him up before he go, goes.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Big deal. I see far worse written on here about sexually promiscuous females etc so why the outrage (esp when it's not even been said) re a sexually promiscuous male like George?
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Well I wish George Michael all the luck and love in the world. He has made so many, myself included, so very happy with his music. I have seen him live several times and he is an incredible performer. Truely flawless. I couldn't give a monkeys about his sexual orientation or anything else. All I care is that he is happy. Fingers crossed he'll be back to his good old, wonderful self very soon. ❤️
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    I should add that I actually quite like old George and in no way wish any harm on him whatsoever. I hope the guy is ok, he's a bit of a ledge.