Options

Old Corrie episodes

billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
Forum Member
anyone know where i can watch some clasic 80s 90s corrie not Youtube im planning on getting the dvds but wanted to watch some now any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    LenfaircloughLenfairclough Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    try this for lots of clips, and a few episodes

Coronationstreettube
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    I have loads of old corrie episodes if you PM me.

Just been watching loads of 90's episodes and they are in a different class to some of today's episodes.
  • Options
    ClareBClareB Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This might be a long shot, but have you got the episode/s in which Curly and Angie spent the night together, after getting drunk on wine. I think this was 90 or 91. I don't know if these eps were repeated on Granda +, but I missed them if they were.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE2008 wrote: »
    I have loads of old corrie episodes if you PM me.

Just been watching loads of 90's episodes and they are in a different class to some of today's episodes.

Were you watching 95-96 episodes. They were very poor back then weren't they!
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always enjoyed the old episodes on Granada Plus. ITV missed a trick by not continuing those on ITV3 or 4..:(:rolleyes:
  • Options
    HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were you watching 95-96 episodes. They were very poor back then weren't they!

The poster meant the 90s episodes were better.

Even the 95/96 eps were of greater quality than today's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helicase wrote: »
    The poster meant the 90s episodes were better.

Even the 95/96 eps were of greater quality than today's.

Oh I disagree, the current eps are of a much higher quality. The current EP has woken the show from it's slumber and it's well written and structured with a good mix of drama and comedy. I find the balance right this year (although I'd give anything to have dear departed Blanche back!).

It's always been a case that past era's were remembered as being better, but to be honest I think '95/'96 rank alongside '71/'72/'73. Current episodes are top quality "new" Corrie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I disagree, the current eps are of a much higher quality. The current EP has woken the show from it's slumber and it's well written and structured with a good mix of drama and comedy. I find the balance right this year (although I'd give anything to have dear departed Blanche back!).

It's always been a case that past era's were remembered as being better, but to be honest I think '95/'96 rank alongside '71/'72/'73. Current episodes are top quality "new" Corrie.

Totally disagree. It is not well written nor is it generally well acted and hasn't been since about 2005.

The sets don't look as "real" as they did in the 90s, there's less on location shooting, the stories are too far fetched and it most certainly is not as funny as it was during the 90s.
  • Options
    David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally disagree. It is not well written nor is it generally well acted and hasn't been since about 2005.

The sets don't look as "real" as they did in the 90s, there's less on location shooting, the stories are too far fetched and it most certainly is not as funny as it was during the 90s.

I definitely agree with that. I've been watching a lot of early 90s Corrie lately and it's such a well crafted show, the storylines move at such a pace that you don't get bored with them and every episode has a clear dramatic hook, along with plenty of the usual comedy. Drama isn't just affairs and murder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that there has been too much focus on affairs and murder, and I think they need to move on from that.

However, I think to suggest that it's not a better show now is probably erroneous. Like David, I have been watching many, many episodes from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s. What's clear is the show has always evolved yet been criticised for not evolving - in the 90s it was heavily criticised for focussing on humour and not moving with the times. That lead to attempts in the late 90s to go "gritty" which didnt work at all.

I agree the show was rejuvenated in the early 00s (although Hillman was not my cuppa cha) and went into a lull in later in the decade. Some mistakes were made at that time, too much focus on certain plots and a number of ill fated exits - Fred Elliot should not have been killed off.

The death of Maggie Jones has left a massive gap, the '09 trip to Alcoholics anonymous was classic Corrie and will show up for ever more alongside waterbed, marijuana cakes etc. I'm personally glad they haven't tried to just replace her role and instead will create new comic characters.

Sure a few plot types have been over used - the affair!! Molvin is a great example of an ill fated plot, but affairs can be good if they ring true, thats why I've been a great supporter of the current love-square.

It seems to me that perhaps the bad thing about having a 50 year legacy is that people always look back with nostalgia and say it was better back then... the press did it in the 70s, 80s... and so did fans.

The show has always had moments of sensationalism and it will clearly have it's biggest next week. I really hope this is part of Collinson's plan to envigorate the show and is not merely a big budget stunt (we wont know until Feb/March).

So far I think he's been brilliant, I hope his next task is to add new and classic characters and to ensure that they are using their current cast to their very best.

An example of his influence is the subtle change in Rosie Webster. She used to be obnoxious, but now they are exploring her bonds with Sally and Sophie and adding a humour to the writing she is becoming very funny - that's what Corrie does best, and I think it continues to do it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally disagree... different strokes I guess!!
  • Options
    pstewart90pstewart90 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that there has been too much focus on affairs and murder, and I think they need to move on from that.

However, I think to suggest that it's not a better show now is probably erroneous. Like David, I have been watching many, many episodes from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s. What's clear is the show has always evolved yet been criticised for not evolving - in the 90s it was heavily criticised for focussing on humour and not moving with the times. That lead to attempts in the late 90s to go "gritty" which didnt work at all.

I agree the show was rejuvenated in the early 00s (although Hillman was not my cuppa cha) and went into a lull in later in the decade. Some mistakes were made at that time, too much focus on certain plots and a number of ill fated exits - Fred Elliot should not have been killed off.

The death of Maggie Jones has left a massive gap, the '09 trip to Alcoholics anonymous was classic Corrie and will show up for ever more alongside waterbed, marijuana cakes etc. I'm personally glad they haven't tried to just replace her role and instead will create new comic characters.

Sure a few plot types have been over used - the affair!! Molvin is a great example of an ill fated plot, but affairs can be good if they ring true, thats why I've been a great supporter of the current love-square.

It seems to me that perhaps the bad thing about having a 50 year legacy is that people always look back with nostalgia and say it was better back then... the press did it in the 70s, 80s... and so did fans.

The show has always had moments of sensationalism and it will clearly have it's biggest next week. I really hope this is part of Collinson's plan to envigorate the show and is not merely a big budget stunt (we wont know until Feb/March).

So far I think he's been brilliant, I hope his next task is to add new and classic characters and to ensure that they are using their current cast to their very best.

An example of his influence is the subtle change in Rosie Webster. She used to be obnoxious, but now they are exploring her bonds with Sally and Sophie and adding a humour to the writing she is becoming very funny - that's what Corrie does best, and I think it continues to do it!

Do you have any 70s or 80s or 90s eps
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pstewart90 wrote: »
    Do you have any 70s or 80s or 90s eps

Send you a PM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Send you a PM

Hey, in particular, do you have any early 90s eps?