Daybreak Changes Rumour

2»

Comments

• groovesectiongroovesection Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't agree, whilst she is obviously far superior to Bleakley & Garraway she is not someone i would watch Everyday.
    I do not watch Daybreak and never will so it really makes no difference to me who presents.
    The problem is the shows content and direction, not the 2 poor muppets who are the face of the show
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never watched the show since GMTV ended, can't stand either over rated presenters.
    I have watched the BBC since GMTV went to Daybreak. After seeing so many threads saying how awful the show is, I'm glad.
    The thing is who is going to replace them? There are not many genuine presenters out there now that are poplular with the public.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Fern Britton must be sitting by her phone.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Sunday paper today suggests Frankie Lampard is to get an offer he can't refuse to join LA Galaxy now Beckham's contract is up. Might be an escape route for a certain Daybreak presenter.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fern Britton must be sitting by her phone.

If her chat show on channel 4 is anything to go by she is in for one hell of a long wait :)
  • oh viennaoh vienna Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christine and Kate can go - good riddance to bad rubbish, especially in the case of Kate - but I don't mind Adrian. It's nice to have a presenter around who doesn't act like they've taken one too many happy pills, especially in the morning. On that note, why can't Martin Lewis finally bugger off as well? He's so hyperactive I can't watch him even if he does give really good advice. Can't they replace him with someone who doesn't act like a child with ADHD?

I also wish they'd axe Lorraine Kelly and that awful man who does the fashion segment on her show. They are two of the most annoying people on the planet. I will throw a party the day I no longer see either of them on TV.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Adrian isn't in this morning. Was that because he worked Saturday for the England Match at Wembley. :rolleyes:
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did a live FA Cup yesterday. But generally speaking he's in less and less these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the producers have a clue. They've got Fi in for Lorraine today. When wiil they realise she's rubbish ( where is Lorraine anyway?) Get rid of them all and look forward not back!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh vienna wrote: »
    Christine and Kate can go - good riddance to bad rubbish, especially in the case of Kate - but I don't mind Adrian. It's nice to have a presenter around who doesn't act like they've taken one too many happy pills, especially in the morning. On that note, why can't Martin Lewis finally bugger off as well? He's so hyperactive I can't watch him even if he does give really good advice. Can't they replace him with someone who doesn't act like a child with ADHD?

I also wish they'd axe Lorraine Kelly and that awful man who does the fashion segment on her show. They are two of the most annoying people on the planet. I will throw a party the day I no longer see either of them on TV

I'm up for that!!!
  • oh viennaoh vienna Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the producers have a clue. They've got Fi in for Lorraine today. When wiil they realise she's rubbish ( where is Lorraine anyway?) Get rid of them all and look forward not back!

Agreed. Fiona was/is ghastly as well, what with flaunting her agendas unapologetically the way she did.

They should axe everyone and bring in an entirely new team. I was shocked that they didn't do that in the first place. That said, I think they're so clueless that it would just end up being new people who are even more annoying and unlikable than the current lot, if that's possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Daybreak... focuses too much on celebrity pap and phone in competitions.
    Err, it's an ITV show!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    [Daybreak] seems to be focused on z-list ITV reality stars and Youtube videos of cats!
    Err, it's an ITV show!
  • happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zandar wrote: »
    Why would anyone watch a breakfast show with adverts when they watch a similar one with no adverts?

ITV threw ridiculous amounts of money at Adrian & Christine to get them to move from the BBC's One Show. The BBC then simply went & found new presenters for the One Show and I bet the ratings are pretty much the same. The trouble with these TV companies - especially ITV, is that they seem to think that they have to have a "name" in order to attract viewers. Quite honestly, if they bothered to look, large numbers of people could do these presenting jobs. Matt, was not in the running for Blue Peter as they had already drawn up their shortlist from people that they knew of - which perhaps explains all the nepotism in the broadcasting industry. Anyway, he sent off a DVD with a sample demo film about life on his farm and only then did they summon him for an interview. Now Matt seems to have too much work what with the One Show and Countryfile. (BTW, Adam Henson was already "known" by BBC producers as his father did similar items for the BBC from the same farm).

Perhaps ITV will now throw some money at Bill to get him to leave BBC Breakfast? (I guess he won't want to move to Manchester as his bees won't like all the rain. Oh well, he could always keep pigeons instead if he did move north).

I would love to see Bill present Daybreak in its current format: one direction, x factor rejects, competitions etc, yes he would bring all the viewers from bbc with him? Do you really think so?
    It would be a complete flop. I think bbc breakfast have an established audience-its the format that works not the presenters. This has been proven where reputable presenters have not proven successful on other shows- Dermot O Leary- the marriage ref, Ant and Dec red or black etc
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,026
    Forum Member
    I heard and read somewhere on the Internet that Daybreak will be moving studios because it will be made by ITV Studios instead of the makers of it now, which is the ITV Breakfast team
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, who is it this morning, Lorraine or Fi? They've both done promos.
  • richardwdsrichardwds Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    I heard and read somewhere on the Internet that Daybreak will be moving studios...

Where's the new studio then?

Gray's Inn Rd?, Television Centre? The London Studios?
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard and read somewhere on the Internet that Daybreak will be moving studios because it will be made by ITV Studios instead of the makers of it now, which is the ITV Breakfast team

it is made in ITV's south bank London studios already
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Err, it's an ITV show!

Yes and i would expect them to use their own shows to advertise ITV's atrocious output,
    But Daybreak is supposedly part of ITV's News content and as far as i can tell Daybreak seem to think Olly Muirs or Joe McElderry are News!
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp312 wrote: »
    Hopefully the required changes are in the pipeline, but in case they are not, I just have this advice for the daybreak bosses - Helen fospero as main presenter! If you haven't realised that she should there full time by now, then you really have no idea!

Yeah I agree, Helen is a very good presenter. I always liked her on GMTV.