Strictly Tour 2013

Comments

• Abs1986Abs1986 Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Thank you for lovely comments my show started at 6.30pm at on the dot and finish 9pm
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iveta has posted loads of pictures on her twitter @D8Iveta

Just wondering where Aliona is? Maybe this is why Iveta is there.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »

Aliona is back in the USA I believe, she's not doing the tour to give her ankle proper recovery time.
  • roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the report .. thanks Abs :)
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Abs1986 wrote: »
    Hello this is my 1st post on this forum so here goes, I went to see the live show last night Heres my breif memories. i have to say it was fab as always although I think last years show just shades this years. I thought all the routines were performed brilliantly nobody was bad (even phil) I didn't enjoy the pro routines as last years thought they didn't really stick to ballroom or Latin bit of a mash up of different dances not traditional routines like they used to be, the 1st pro routine was a paso/tango/chahcha mash to gold/titanium very well performed as usual although poor artem fell over at the beginning on the podium thing right in the middle of he floor to a huge gasp from the audience! All the contestants then came out Louis getting the biggest applause (which he got throughout the show) Denise's routines proved why she was I final even better live, danis routines were very underwhelming although I'm a huge pasha fan, so was a bit disappointed, phil very funny but quite good Karen is stunning in real life, Michael again better live, fern my surprise of the night very good, Lisa not as good live didn't really acknowledge the crowd robin did do this a lot, Louis was by far the best didnt really support him in the show but I can see why he won his dirty dancing salsa was brilliant with an amazing atmosphere he added a lot of flips and acrobatics in his fusion dance. The pro/celeb group routine was probably the best which you can see on YouTube. The second pro routine was very similar to the tango that Flavia choreographed a few years back on the tv show with the ropes again bit of a tango/paso mash I've completely forgotten the song they danced to obv not one of my faves! The finale was the best I've seen the singers must get a very special mention here they are absolutely amazing singing how will I know by Whitney Houston then the pros and celebs came out to do jive, and end number to you should be dancing! I would recommend any1 who is a fan of he show to see it live the atmosphere is brilliant, and nothing can compare to seeing the pros, the routines, the lights, the band, the singers (I'm waffling now) live

Lovely first post abs.:).... Cant wait for Wednesday now....:eek::eek::D
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last chance

does anybody want me to text someone updates to post on here
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    Hello this is my 1st post on this forum so here goes, I went to see the live show last night Heres my breif memories. i have to say it was fab as always although I think last years show just shades this years. I thought all the routines were performed brilliantly nobody was bad (even phil) I didn't enjoy the pro routines as last years thought they didn't really stick to ballroom or Latin bit of a mash up of different dances not traditional routines like they used to be, the 1st pro routine was a paso/tango/chahcha mash to gold/titanium very well performed as usual although poor artem fell over at the beginning on the podium thing right in the middle of he floor to a huge gasp from the audience! All the contestants then came out Louis getting the biggest applause (which he got throughout the show) Denise's routines proved why she was I final even better live, danis routines were very underwhelming although I'm a huge pasha fan, so was a bit disappointed, phil very funny but quite good Karen is stunning in real life, Michael again better live, fern my surprise of the night very good, Lisa not as good live didn't really acknowledge the crowd robin did do this a lot, Louis was by far the best didnt really support him in the show but I can see why he won his dirty dancing salsa was brilliant with an amazing atmosphere he added a lot of flips and acrobatics in his fusion dance. The pro/celeb group routine was probably the best which you can see on YouTube. The second pro routine was very similar to the tango that Flavia choreographed a few years back on the tv show with the ropes again bit of a tango/paso mash I've completely forgotten the song they danced to obv not one of my faves! The finale was the best I've seen the singers must get a very special mention here they are absolutely amazing singing how will I know by Whitney Houston then the pros and celebs came out to do jive, and end number to you should be dancing! I would recommend any1 who is a fan of he show to see it live the atmosphere is brilliant, and nothing can compare to seeing the pros, the routines, the lights, the band, the singers (I'm waffling now) live

abs fab-u-lous post as well. I was there as well, we could have waved to each other:D

To add to your thoughts....overall, I thought the show took a bit of time to get going, but got slicker as the show progressed. Kate Thornton is a good host, and keeps it moving. Lots of the couples seemed to me, to be "off script" if they had lines to learn, they were ad libbing. Lisa is first on with her cha cha...and finally I worked out what she needed to improve on, so was chuffed to bits when Craig mentioned she needed to work on her hips.

I was most envious of Fern,her figure is absolutely gorgeous, and she has lovely legs, she kept teasing Artem about his chest, and would people vote for them if he got his chest out...which he did...some woman from the audience came to check it out:D I'm assuming it was someone they knew:eek: I liked their salsa, and they also did a VW- I've now decided Artem can really choreograph a good VW, it was a lovely soft dance in the midst of the showstoppers, and Fern wore a grey sparkly dress with feathers around the hem, which for me was the dress of the evening.

Dani is dancing with Pasha, and I liked them as a pairing, I thought the height difference worked really well. Pasha teased her about how much he was missing Kimberley. They look like they get on really well.

I agree, Phil is a better dancer than I remembered, although his ballroom isnt good, his latin is better. I thought his salsa with Karen was fun. Also it was clever to pair him with her, he was the "entertainer" of the show, so it allowed Karen to show a bit more of her personality. A million brownie points to Craig for not putting in a comedy turn this year...it was all about dancing *loud applause* Also none of the celebs was rubbish, just all in different degrees of greatness:D

I absolutely loved Michael and Natalie's AS, it was better than the Wembley version, and I was stunned they only got 25 for it:eek: I'd put it alongside Louis' fusion rumba/tango, and Denise's charleston as the outstanding dances of the evening.

James was lovely, and had banter with the crowd to try and get them to vote for him and Denise, he was especially trying to say, Ola should be generous and let him have a glitterball because she's got so many. Louis then took up the challenge, after his dances with Ola - he was superb, and really seems to have come out of his shell. He said he was up for giving a glitterball to James but he had to do something in return, looking at Ola, she collapsed in giggles, then got embarrassed and hid her face with her hair. that was a fun moment, I wonder if they'll keep it in other shows:D

I agree with abs, I'd have liked to see a "proper" dance as one of the group dances, and not a mash up, although I liked the music choices, and those singers can really sing, nice that they were showcased.

Advice to anyone going...take binoculars then you can perve over your favourite celeb wearing tight trousers and shaking his hips *faints* *ahem*:o:o:o worth the ticket price alone:D
    Forum Member
    Mrs F wrote: »
    abs fab-u-lous post as well. I was there as well, we could have waved to each other

To add to your thoughts....overall, I thought the show took a bit of time to get going, but got slicker as the show progressed. Kate Thornton is a good host, and keeps it moving. Lots of the couples seemed to me, to be "off script" if they had lines to learn, they were ad libbing. Lisa is first on with her cha cha...and finally I worked out what she needed to improve on, so was chuffed to bits when Craig mentioned she needed to work on her hips.

I was most envious of Fern,her figure is absolutely gorgeous, and she has lovely legs, she kept teasing Artem about his chest, and would people vote for them if he got his chest out...which he did...some woman from the audience came to check it out:D I'm assuming it was someone they knew:eek: I liked their salsa, and they also did a VW- I've now decided Artem can really choreograph a good VW, it was a lovely soft dance in the midst of the showstoppers, and Fern wore a grey sparkly dress with feathers around the hem, which for me was the dress of the evening.

Dani is dancing with Pasha, and I liked them as a pairing, I thought the height difference worked really well. Pasha teased her about how much he was missing Kimberley. They look like they get on really well.

I agree, Phil is a better dancer than I remembered, although his ballroom isnt good, his latin is better. I thought his salsa with Karen was fun. Also it was clever to pair him with her, he was the "entertainer" of the show, so it allowed Karen to show a bit more of her personality. A million brownie points to Craig for not putting in a comedy turn this year...it was all about dancing *loud applause* Also none of the celebs was rubbish, just all in different degrees of greatness

I absolutely loved Michael and Natalie's AS, it was better than the Wembley version, and I was stunned they only got 25 for it:eek: I'd put it alongside Louis' fusion rumba/tango, and Denise's charleston as the outstanding dances of the evening.

James was lovely, and had banter with the crowd to try and get them to vote for him and Denise, he was especially trying to say, Ola should be generous and let him have a glitterball because she's got so many. Louis then took up the challenge, after his dances with Ola - he was superb, and really seems to have come out of his shell. He said he was up for giving a glitterball to James but he had to do something in return, looking at Ola, she collapsed in giggles, then got embarrassed and hid her face with her hair. that was a fun moment, I wonder if they'll keep it in other shows

I agree with abs, I'd have liked to see a "proper" dance as one of the group dances, and not a mash up, although I liked the music choices, and those singers can really sing, nice that they were showcased.

Advice to anyone going...take binoculars then you can perve over your favourite celeb wearing tight trousers and shaking his hips *faints* *ahem*:o worth the ticket price alone:D

Thanks for your lovely review Mrs F... :)

Two more sleeps to go...:eek::eek:... excited... How far were you off the dance floor... just asking cause you mentioned binoculars... :p;)
    Forum Member
    last chance

does anybody want me to text someone updates to post on here

Thanks tvqueen... But I will wait for your review....:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Everyone's reviews of the show hopefully will be given that wants to do it because each person pays attention to some of the couples more than others as a fan. Hearing a variety of views gives a more complete picture of the tour. I understand Louis has been made the center of attention, but it would be nice if the others could be allowed to shine just a little.
    Forum Member
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Thanks for your lovely review Mrs F... :)

Two more sleeps to go...:eek::eek:... excited... How far were you off the dance floor... just asking cause you mentioned binoculars... :p;)

thank you:D

I was on the lower tier of seats about a third of the way up, so reasonably close to the action.

I'd say unless you are in the seats directly in front of the dancers, floor seats, binoculars are a good idea, but even if I had been lucky enough to be in these seats I'd have still had my binns for perving reasons:D:o...you might be more refined than me:o
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    **contains spoilers - dont read if you dont want to know what the couples are dancing**

I went on Sunday to the matinee (amidst a snow storm) and tbh I didnt enjoy it as much as last year - maybe because there wasnt a couple I was "rooting for" (if that makes sense) :confused:

The opening pro dance, whilst great - didnt seem to explode onto the stage like last year...... maybe it was just me....... and the show took a little time to "warm up"

I was, however, very very happy to see Hayley, Andrea, Lincoln and Lance being brought out from behind the judges onto the main stage - these 4 are simply amazing and I love the fact that Craig has "included" them in the main show - Hayley is my absolute favourite and I could listen to her sing for hours!

Lisa was first out with her cha cha and it was ok - lots of side by side action, same repetitive steps and quite frankly, not enough cha cha for my liking - I think she did a foxtrot afterwards - the one with the hat and canes - again, was fine - its Lisa and Im sorry, not a fan

I cant remember who was next out :o so will just mention them as I remember them......

Phil's American Smooth was NOT as awful as the judges make out, he is an ok dancer and his partnership with Karen is lovely, its just a shame he is being made the "joke dancer" He also did a salsa - loved it - he really got into the swing of things and Craig should have given him more than a 2!! when I say "joke dancer" I mean, he isnt as bad as the judges tell him he is - they should give him credit for what he is doing, and he is dancing!!!!

Dani and Pasha - bloody awful VT, its cringy!!!! Enjoyed her tango and her fusion - much better "live" than on the TV if I am honest BUT I dont feel the connection between her and Pasha

Denise and James do a jive and a charleston, which are brilliant - she deserved to be in the final no matter what anyone says or thinks, she can dance and she is a great dancer but I did feel her jive footwork could have been sharper but her charleston is phenomenal

Fern - wow she has a great figure!!!!! Enjoyed her salsa and her AS - she is very elegent in her ballroom and is clearly loving being on the tour - I hope her scores creep up as the tour progresses

Louis was out last (no surprise) and the reception he got was deafening!!! He is dancing with Ola and (sorry Flavia fans) I enjoyed his partnership with Ola more than I did with Flavia - he seemed to be more relaxed - fusion dance, beautiful - salsa - great - the lift in his salsa is spectacular - he is the Strictly Champion and you wont be disappointed with his dances

I have a feeling I have forgotten a couple...... maybe not!!

EDIT - Michael and Natalie!!!!!! I forgot them - oops - first up, samba - its Michael - its latin but he gives it his all and you have just got to smile whilst watching him!! His AS is spectacular, I saw it live at Wembley and its just as amazing, if not more so, the second time around

Pro dances - I have mentioned the first one - the second one was - well - erm - tbh I didnt like it - it was like Flavias tango thing she did with the ropes (I didnt enjoy that either) I wish they would just stick to traditional ballroom/latin dances

Group dance - great to have everyone on the stage together, the singers were fantastic as always - loved watching Phil - if you watch anyone - watch Phil!!!!!! I cant remember the song - I think it was a Miley Cyrus number but it was upbeat and boppy!!

Final group dance - everyone on the floor, judges, singers, Kate - great final dance - its very sparkly!! :p

All in all, yes, I enjoyed the show but not as much as last year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going tonight

its not to late to contact me if someone wants me to text them so i can update thread

i must admit i am not as excited as i have been for previous tours

looking forward to seeing denise though
    Forum Member
    Mrs F wrote: »
    thank you:D

I was on the lower tier of seats about a third of the way up, so reasonably close to the action.

I'd say unless you are in the seats directly in front of the dancers, floor seats, binoculars are a good idea, but even if I had been lucky enough to be in these seats I'd have still had my binns for perving reasons:D:o...you might be more refined than me:o

Thanks ....Refined?...me?:rolleyes::p... Safe to say you havent been on the Pasha thread...:p;):D
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    **contains spoilers - dont read if you dont want to know what the couples are dancing**

I went on Sunday to the matinee (amidst a snow storm) and tbh I didnt enjoy it as much as last year - maybe because there wasnt a couple I was "rooting for" (if that makes sense) :confused:

The opening pro dance, whilst great - didnt seem to explode onto the stage like last year...... maybe it was just me....... and the show took a little time to "warm up"

I was, however, very very happy to see Hayley, Andrea, Lincoln and Lance being brought out from behind the judges onto the main stage - these 4 are simply amazing and I love the fact that Craig has "included" them in the main show - Hayley is my absolute favourite and I could listen to her sing for hours!

Lisa was first out with her cha cha and it was ok - lots of side by side action, same repetitive steps and quite frankly, not enough cha cha for my liking - I think she did a foxtrot afterwards - the one with the hat and canes - again, was fine - its Lisa and Im sorry, not a fan

I cant remember who was next out :o so will just mention them as I remember them......

Phil's American Smooth was NOT as awful as the judges make out, he is an ok dancer and his partnership with Karen is lovely, its just a shame he is being made the "joke dancer" He also did a salsa - loved it - he really got into the swing of things and Craig should have given him more than a 2!! when I say "joke dancer" I mean, he isnt as bad as the judges tell him he is - they should give him credit for what he is doing, and he is dancing!!!!

Dani and Pasha - bloody awful VT, its cringy!!!! Enjoyed her tango and her fusion - much better "live" than on the TV if I am honest BUT I dont feel the connection between her and Pasha

Denise and James do a jive and a charleston, which are brilliant - she deserved to be in the final no matter what anyone says or thinks, she can dance and she is a great dancer but I did feel her jive footwork could have been sharper but her charleston is phenomenal

Fern - wow she has a great figure!!!!! Enjoyed her salsa and her AS - she is very elegent in her ballroom and is clearly loving being on the tour - I hope her scores creep up as the tour progresses

Louis was out last (no surprise) and the reception he got was deafening!!! He is dancing with Ola and (sorry Flavia fans) I enjoyed his partnership with Ola more than I did with Flavia - he seemed to be more relaxed - fusion dance, beautiful - salsa - great - the lift in his salsa is spectacular - he is the Strictly Champion and you wont be disappointed with his dances

I have a feeling I have forgotten a couple...... maybe not!!

EDIT - Michael and Natalie!!!!!! I forgot them - oops - first up, samba - its Michael - its latin but he gives it his all and you have just got to smile whilst watching him!! His AS is spectacular, I saw it live at Wembley and its just as amazing, if not more so, the second time around

Pro dances - I have mentioned the first one - the second one was - well - erm - tbh I didnt like it - it was like Flavias tango thing she did with the ropes (I didnt enjoy that either) I wish they would just stick to traditional ballroom/latin dances

Group dance - great to have everyone on the stage together, the singers were fantastic as always - loved watching Phil - if you watch anyone - watch Phil!!!!!! I cant remember the song - I think it was a Miley Cyrus number but it was upbeat and boppy!!

Final group dance - everyone on the floor, judges, singers, Kate - great final dance - its very sparkly!! :p

All in all, yes, I enjoyed the show but not as much as last year

Thanks for the lovely review olivej... :)
    Forum Member
    I am going tonight

its not to late to contact me if someone wants me to text them so i can update thread

i must admit i am not as excited as i have been for previous tours

looking forward to seeing denise though

Have a lovely time tvqueen... :)

Will await your report before I go tomorrow...hint hint....;):p
    Forum Member
    My seats were on the dance floor right next to the judges so really didn't need any binoculars, have a great time anyone who have tickets for future dates I'm jealous wanna go again I keep watching the video I took on the night keep seeing things I missed x
    Forum Member
    My seats were on the dance floor right next to the judges so really didn't need any binoculars, have a great time anyone who have tickets for future dates I'm jealous wanna go again I keep watching the video I took on the night keep seeing things I missed x

Hi Abs.... would you be able to post it please?.. If you dont mind... :p....Glad you enjoyed it so much... :)

:eek::eek:... excited...one more sleep :)
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Iveta has posted loads of pictures on her twitter @D8Iveta

Aliona is in the US resting her ankles

I saw the tour on Sunday and Iveta danced with Pasha in the pro dances and Natalie danced with Robin (no Kristina)
    Forum Member
    I really would post my videos but I'm a real technophobe I don't know how to post videos just managed to work out how to post on the forum after readin them for about 3 years if anyone could give be a quick breakdown on how to post videos I would gladly show you all the footage I managed to get
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Have a lovely time tvqueen... :)

Will await your report before I go tomorrow...hint hint....;):p

will report back :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really would post my videos but I'm a real technophobe I don't know how to post videos just managed to work out how to post on the forum after readin them for about 3 years if anyone could give be a quick breakdown on how to post videos I would gladly show you all the footage I managed to get

if you join youtube

you select upload video
    then select the file from the camera
    give it a name
    press upload
    copy and paste link for everyone after vid has uploaded and processed
  • boxermadsamboxermadsam Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Just wanted to post to thank olivej and abs [hope that's right] for replying to my question, much appreciated.

Also thanks for the various write-ups, they are adding to the [already considerable] excitement for the lucky family members who are going next week.
    Forum Member

depends on what you are looking at;)
    Forum Member
    Thank you tvqueen1905 I will give it a go