Options

Dean spoiler

Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
http://www.eastendersultra.co.uk/spoilers/spoiler-pics/17499/eastenders-spoiler-pictures-dean-wicks-suffers-breakdown

What do we think?

They really are trying to make us feel sorry for him, aren't they?!!

I'd rather have seen this last year and have made the last 9 months not happen.

Comments

• Options
    moagmoag Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he gets his come uppance. Disappointed in the way they are portraying Dean.He's a rapist, why would anyone feel,sorry for him.
  • Options
    johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I had a crazy random thought. We don't really know anything about Paul Coker. What if he is a deranged predator? He managed to snog Ben Mitchell the first time they met. Maybe he will rape Dean. In EastEnders they tend to have a Biblical style of "what goes around comes around" i.e. people get punished for what they've done, but not necessarily in direct and obvious ways.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor little rapist boy *rolleyes*
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Seems like Buster notices the other side of Dean but Shirley doesn't believe him, again.:( I agree Sez, I would rather have seen just this than Dean been used as Linda's rapist, what's done is done, I guess. I think they regret the move and are now trying to deflect but are now stuck with it, I wish we knew when Dean was leaving, as least it would give us some sense of when the story will conclude. My guess is it will tie in with Linda Henry's a/l.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnloony wrote: »
    I had a crazy random thought. We don't really know anything about Paul Coker. What if he is a deranged predator? He managed to snog Ben Mitchell the first time they met. Maybe he will rape Dean. In EastEnders they tend to have a Biblical style of "what goes around comes around" i.e. people get punished for what they've done, but not necessarily in direct and obvious ways.

That would be amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    johnloony wrote: »

I'm sure it would be a good idea to solve a rape with another rape.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EastEnders subtle-as-a-brick writing strikes again. The way they've tried to sweep the rape under the carpet and turn Dean into a figure of sympathy is disgraceful. And what's worse is that some people are falling for it.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    I won't be feeling sorry for him at all. >:(
  • Options
    ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're expecting us to feel sorry for Dean aren't they? Well he has NO sympathy from me. I will never feel sorry for him because of what he did to Linda and he needs to be locked up for his crime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I'm sure it would be a good idea to solve a rape with another rape.

I meant I'm not sure that it would be a good idea to solve a rape with another rape.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty distasteful if that is there plan, you made a character a rapist and then botched the storyline and now trying to back peddle is not gonna work, people want a satisfying conclusion and end to this storyline not for it to be dropped then brought up again.

Dean is a rapist, we saw him rape Linda and we've seen him be allowed to get away with it for months and now they want to feel sorry for him, it really pretty low, while Linda is railroaded and treat like it's her fault what sort of message does that send, not a good one.
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The breakdown will lead to Dean eventually confessing his wrongdoings and being punished with the full extent of the law IMO. There is no way that EE would just allow the rape to go unpunished.

They know that no one in their right mind would feel sorry for Dean as he currently stands. He raped Linda, lied about it and made the family's life hell. The only way he can be redeemed in a tiny way would be for him to realise the enormity of his actions, breakdown, tell the truth and accept the punishment.
  • Options
    Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    I can't see EE getting away with not letting him face justice, but it does feel twisted to be this way.

I know its summer and ratings fall, but if they let get him away with it - the show would never recover.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose it at least gives Matt something to do rather than making Dean go round and round in circles like he has been for the last 4 months.
  • Options
    NickJordanNickJordan Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got this feeling Dean will make his exit at Christmas via death
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping Dean's exit will coincide with Linda Henry's a/l so when Shirley returns, Dean has gone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dean dying isn't justice.

I think if he was going to be killed due to the rape storyline, it would have happened by now.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rape reveal at Xmas then.
  • Options
    Nate_ThomasNate_Thomas Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    He should of got arrested or killed and be done with it
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    http://www.eastendersultra.co.uk/spoilers/spoiler-pics/17499/eastenders-spoiler-pictures-dean-wicks-suffers-breakdown

What do we think?

They really are trying to make us feel sorry for him, aren't they?!!

I'd rather have seen this last year and have made the last 9 months not happen.
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Seems like Buster notices the other side of Dean but Shirley doesn't believe him, again.:( I agree Sez, I would rather have seen just this than Dean been used as Linda's rapist, what's done is done, I guess. I think they regret the move and are now trying to deflect but are now stuck with it, I wish we knew when Dean was leaving, as least it would give us some sense of when the story will conclude. My guess is it will tie in with Linda Henry's a/l.
    craig_25 wrote: »
    The breakdown will lead to Dean eventually confessing his wrongdoings and being punished with the full extent of the law IMO. There is no way that EE would just allow the rape to go unpunished.

They know that no one in their right mind would feel sorry for Dean as he currently stands. He raped Linda, lied about it and made the family's life hell. The only way he can be redeemed in a tiny way would be for him to realise the enormity of his actions, breakdown, tell the truth and accept the punishment.

Lines in bold - I agree.

Although he does need to face imprisonment for his crime, Dean also needs psychiatric help. he can in my eyes be redeemed if he breaks down, confesses and faces the consequences of his crime, showing guilt and remorse.
  • Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moag wrote: »
    I hope he gets his come uppance. Disappointed in the way they are portraying Dean.He's a rapist, why would anyone feel,sorry for him.

Because not all people are one a dimensional villains. Some rapists are not pure evil.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh FFS. Its like really getting rather silly now. Poor Rapist breaks down. And we get three episodes of this?!

I wish they would cut their losses with Dean and stop trying to wipe the egg of their aces they made by making the character a rapist.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So this stems from Shabnam lying to him about their daughter?
  • Options
    moagmoag Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's Linda Henry's a/l.
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh But he's fit and he loved his grandad, now poor widdle Deans going to break down, :(

sarcasm!