Does Stacey's voice annoy any1?

i do like her but i find her voice incredibly annoying. anyone else feel the same

Comments

• yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    i do like her but i find her voice incredibly annoying. anyone else feel the same

It did initially, but I've got used to it now, it doesn't bother me at all.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    She is a sweetie & I don't mind her 'normal' voice, but when she puts on her jokey, slightly posh voice, that grates a bit...it seems to be a habit of hers & she normally does it when she's talking to the camera in the private room. Anyway, a small point - she's gonna win & who can argue with that!
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, I'd love to have a chat with her over a warm pint of Bovril... can't think of a better way to spend a cold winters day... unless the wife is reading this... in which case... you know the rest :)
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever advises her after this is going to have to balance up some of the Stacy-isms (which I've just said on another thread) with making her voice less irritating. I think we need Stacey on our screens because she's such a happy go lucky personality. There's enough doom and gloom..... Maybe Stacey could end our country's recession and create world peace.:cool:

Love Stacey but not the voice.
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The voice is part of Stacey, and to 'fix' it would be wrong in my opinion. Why must we try and fix anything that offends our senses in any minute way?
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cezzy wrote: »
    Whoever advises her after this is going to have to balance up some of the Stacy-isms (which I've just said on another thread) with making her voice less irritating. I think we need Stacey on our screens because she's such a happy go lucky personality. There's enough doom and gloom..... Maybe Stacey could end our country's recession and create world peace.:cool:

Love Stacey but not the voice.

ditto
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member

I thought i would but i find it incredibly appealing. Maybe i`m just weird.:D
  • missfrizzymissfrizzy Posts: 7,536
    Forum Member
    Stacey speaks like Frank Spencer (some mothers do ave em), which is very unfortunate.

Personally I feel a bit embarassed for her, I dont know if its a nervous thing (a bit like a twitch), or a habit, but its very unattractive.

Apart from that I think she's a nice girl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! It's very annoying, but she's also adorable :/
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glad i'm not alone as i do like her happy personality but i just think her voice makes her sound a bit dippy. of course there is no doubt that she is going to win IAC though:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the girl lives on her nerves..... I like her.
  • SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    Nope :)
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more excited she gets the worse her voice is as far as i can tell!, i think if she stays in the 'limelight', she could perhaps benefit from some sort of speech therapy!, just to teach her how to tone it down a bit and not go into that deep tone when she is in 'excited' full flow........

ps... lovely girl though!, i hope she wins.... she certainly deserves to......:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missfrizzy wrote: »
    Stacey speaks like Frank Spencer (some mothers do ave em), which is very unfortunate.

Personally I feel a bit embarassed for her, I dont know if its a nervous thing (a bit like a twitch), or a habit, but its very unattractive.

Apart from that I think she's a nice girl.

She is a nice girl but the way she sounds always reminds me of Dot Cotton!

Rod
  • smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes... and also very worrying at that age to talk like a 5 year old Ummmmm
  • Charlie123xxxCharlie123xxx Posts: 1,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just love her.
    Her voice is something you have to get used to LOL.
    I do find her a little difficult to understand sometimes.
    But she's a lovely sweet girl.
  • -Jodie--Jodie- Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    But I think everything about her, that I see & hear is annoying.

Easily the most annoying contestant this series imo.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Her voice to me originally sounded irritating but compared with that American girl, called Karly or Carly she is infinitely easier on the ears.
    The America girl is quite sweet but has the most grating voice I think I've ever had the misfortune to hear but of course she is from the US and many of them have extremely grating accents.
  • Truth_HurtsTruth_Hurts Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarn wrote: »
    Nope :)

You can like everything else about her but try and be honest regarding the godawful sound :(
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    I've got used to her voice, it's part of who she is, and she is a very lovely girl. Now I can't imagine her without it.
  • NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    It doesn't annoy me one bit.
  • beanzmeanzbeanzmeanz Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use the mute control.
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I would end up strangling her if I was trapped somewhere with her for a long time.

Her voice is really annoying! :eek:
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can like everything else about her but try and be honest regarding the godawful sound :(

Yes. it would grate desperately after a while.

I think it's a nervous thing, she always sounds a lot more exaggerated when the cameras are on her. Not put on, not deliberate, just the way she is - but nerves, not attention-seeking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I much prefer her accent to Kayla who had an irritating voice.