Louis needs to go.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
Forum Member
✭✭
Tulisa, Kelly and Gary are really fresh and interesting, and have already each gave much better advice than the people they have replaced. The fact all three are succesful recording artists with different experiences of the industry is just a bonus. It's a shame that it's being advertised as a "new panel" when we still have Louis Walsh there. :yawn: He's not funny, not interesting and doesn't have anything of value to say, imo. I'm sick to death of hearing him shouting over the audience "you look like a pop star!", and his eyes lighting up at the mention of an act being Irish. :rolleyes: No doubt when we get to the live shows he'll be given the rubbish category again, land his acts with old unknown songs and be the first judge eliminated.

I'd have liked him to have been replaced by someone like Usher (who's been in the industry a long time and has already succesfully scouted a number of new recording acts) or Plan B or something. He's dragging the panel down. :(

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    I agree.

I could never understand how out of the 4 judges, Louis managed to keep his job.
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww I like him and say what you like he's been doing this for a long and I think he knows what he's talking about:)
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    I like the new panel and think its good to have someone who is purely a manager etc instead of a recording artist who is going to use the show to basically promote themselves - which lets be homest is what all three new judges are going to do esp when it comes to the love shows and they'll no doubt have singles out.
  • MerityMerity Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Louis. Glad he stayed.
    Like the other 3 judges too so far.
    The panel worked great together I thought. :)
  • goldiefangoldiefan Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad Louis stayed- I wouldn't watch without him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally love Louis, he is so endearing!
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add me to the list of Louis lovers! Think he's going to have a right giggle on the panel with Tulisa and Kelly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? Louis is a legend!

Its nice to have some continuity between the series...
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Seeing him again is kind of like digging up an old fossil and dusting the cobwebs off.

Plus seeing Westlife, the most unoriginal act in history, in the clip demonstrating his contribution to music and why he's a judge on a show about finding exciting and fresh new artists, it made me question why he was back even more.
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Yeh, Louis is brilliant. Lay off. He seems to be enjoying himself more on the new panel.

I love the fact he claps like a seal. :D
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to go. Louis is awesome.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think a fully fresh new panel would have been more interesting but Louis hasn't done anything to upset or offend anybody so far, so why people are calling for his head already this series is a little confusing. I think the panel are benefiting from having him there, considering his experience.
  • -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Louis is my favourite judge :o
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    No..he's like a favourite uncle. The guy who believed in Jedward,and was he wrong?(not that they're my cup of tea.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    Aww i love Louis! :D If we had a totally new panel, i think i'd notice his absence before Simon's, or Cheryl's or Dannii's. I don't think the show would be the same without him. I think he really comes into his own on the Xtra Factor, particularly when the judges answer the viewers phone calls :D. Hope this will still be a part of this years live shows and maybe they could spend more time on this as i think this is the best part of the spin off show :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    I like him, he is funny and you can always guarantee an eccentric act!
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Louis would have been the hardest judge to replace IMO, despite all the caterwauling about Cheryl, Dannii and Simon. He brings the fun, zany, mad element; the element which takes the show from a dour 'you can sing, well done' approach to something unpredictable. The problems his departure from the panel causes was clear both at the start of series 4 and the couple of live shows he missed in series 6. It's possible Kelly might be able to replicate what he brings to the panel and make him redundant. But, IMO, it would have been too big a risk to take this series.
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    i like louis he has his moments! :D
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    I disagree - I love Louis - he is a lovely guy, harmless, and passionate about the X Factor.

Leave Louis Alone!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    I will never understand what is it to like in Louis. I feel embarrassed when he is on screen.
  • bikinikillbikinikill Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    I like Louis. I think he's sweet and can be quite funny. I think the others are good trade offs for the original judges, and in particular Gary is proving quite brilliant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis is my favourite judge!:D
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a love/hate relationship with Louis. Sometimes he makes me laugh, sometimes he makes me shout. But i'm quite fond of him and don't want him to leave.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merity wrote: »
    I like Louis. Glad he stayed.
    Like the other 3 judges too so far.
    The panel worked great together I thought. :)

How much better is it now? Last year I refused to watch it until the live shows, and was going to do the same this year, but am glad I haven't. I just LOVE Tulisa. She looks great, she's shown she's sensible and not a show off. I am hoping this gives her the opportunity to go it alone and move away from the chav-rap of N-Dubz.
  • stormin normstormin norm Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    No way! Louis needs to stay!