Daybreak - Today

groovesectiongroovesection Posts: 605
Forum Member
✭✭
Curiosity made me tune in after the weekend rumours about Chiles & Bleakley.

Imagine my horror to be greeted by that gurning cretin Garraway!
BBC1 was on within 2 seconds!

Comments

• occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adrian looked really nervous like he was shaking...
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Adrian looked really nervous like he was shaking...

He looks really awkward and uncomfortable this morning, something must've been said in the pre show briefing.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised he turned up
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    I'm surprised he turned up

Christine didn't.
    Surely ITV are not going to make them appear until April.
  • groovesectiongroovesection Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The rumours i read online are they are going to be phased out over the next few weeks.
    Maybe they will stay on until Christmas?

If they decide on new presenters i will give Daybreak a chance, But if they stick with Garraway i will stick with the BBC. Call me old fashioned but in the morning i like to hear some actual News and not a story about a handbag that smells of fish!
    (The cynic in me believes they only reported that story so they could mention Marks & Spencers for a nice 'fee')
  • happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you imagine Kate Garraway every morning. She seems really smug this morning as well. Like she is vying for the anchor role. Get rid of her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, Her smug factor was on level 10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like the OP, I really couldn't stand more than a minute of her. Far too loud, too overpowering and another one that makes strange noises. What is it with Kate and Lorraine that makes them ooh and ahh all of the time? I can't think of any male presenters that do it.
  • KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    happy tv wrote: »
    Can you imagine Kate Garraway every morning. She seems really smug this morning as well. Like she is vying for the anchor role. Get rid of her

I'm not too keen on her either anymore, its funny but when she was on GMTV I could just about tolerate her. Whatever happened to that female irish presenter they used to have on - had the unusual name beginning with G, wonder if they would bring her back at all?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's that creepy bloke who was on strictly I can't bear.
  • oh viennaoh vienna Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I can't take to Bleakley, they should have got rid of the awful Garraway woman first. She is appalling (they all are, mind).
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was Christine not scheduled today? Seemed odd to me. I was waiting to see if he would say something, but im thinking they are told to keep quite. Wondering if the story is true?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kymberly wrote: »
    I'm not too keen on her either anymore, its funny but when she was on GMTV I could just about tolerate her. Whatever happened to that female irish presenter they used to have on - had the unusual name beginning with G, wonder if they would bring her back at all?

Grainnie Seioge (or something like that)
    She was nice but i can imagine her broad Irish accent annoying some viewers

*EDIT*
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%A1inne_Seoige
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Was Christine not scheduled today? Seemed odd to me. I was waiting to see if he would say something, but im thinking they are told to keep quite. Wondering if the story is true?

Chiles confirmed the story in an interview with a Sunday newspaper. ITV have not denied the story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Chiles confirmed the story in an interview with a Sunday newspaper. ITV have not denied the story.

I read somewhere Bleakley Tweeted a sarcastic Tweet regarding the rumours in the Papers. But apparently she neither confirmed or denied the story!
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the Broadcast website is reporting it as well, and considering its asking money from its readers for the stories, you hope for their sake its right.

I think its official now, and a statement with details direct from ITV would be nice.

Despite everything that has gone on between Adrian, Christine and ITV, its no way for them to find out that they are being sacked, its a shame they were not told in private.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    the Broadcast website is reporting it as well, and considering its asking money from its readers for the stories, you hope for their sake its right.

I think its official now, and a statement with details direct from ITV would be nice.

Despite everything that has gone on between Adrian, Christine and ITV, its no way for them to find out that they are being sacked, its a shame they were not told in private.

Today's Mail does make me wonder if nothing has been decided and someone with a vested interested has leaked something to the tabloid to put pressure on ITV to make a decision.
    Nothing about the show’s future will be made official until new editor David Kermode arrives in the new year. Last night, an ITV spokesman refused to comment.

It all seems to be originate with the one story in the Mirror, Chiles seems to say that is where he heard about it and does not seem to know any more though there has obviously been speculation for ages. The fact that a story appears in lots of papers does not prove anything as they tend to just be very incestuous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they may not yet have been offically sacked, but giving Christine the Dancing on Ice job, makes me think, they have been sacked from Daybreak, and this is how Christine will attempt to end her ITV contract with dignity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Source Daily Telegraph Monday 21st November
    Chiles and Bleakley are furious after the fact that ITV have dumped them from Daybreak was leaked to the media. They were told last week that they would be axed from the programme as the ratings have slumped.They will be replaced in the new year.
    Names linked to taking over are Natasha Kaplinski :eek: Chris Hollins :eek::eek: Eamon Holmes :eek:and Helen Fospereo :)
    Also it is possible (sorry groovesection etc) Kate Garroway and Dan Lobb may have their duties increased. :eek:

Apparently ITV say Adrian is being dropped because he is too "grumpy" and Christine because of her "wag status":rolleyes:

Both are staying with IRV, with Adrian will continue with football coverage and Christine will take over from Holly Willoughby on Dancing on Ice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV may not have wanted to do this today, but it would clear up alot of confusion, and save what little is left of everyone involved collective diginity by making a VERY firm statement either way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Dancing on Ice will be Christines last chance. I guess Adrian is comfortable seeing as he has a contract for football.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Froggy88 wrote: »
    I wonder if Dancing on Ice will be Christines last chance. I guess Adrian is comfortable seeing as he has a contract for football.
    Christine will be a public joke, if ratings for Dancing on Ice fall when she presents, that said she Philip is still hosting, so its not really in her hands.

Adrian has football and for some reason "That Sunday Night Show" has been returned for a 3rd season, maybe that is his Dancing on Ice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldbod wrote: »
    Also it is possible (sorry groovesection etc) Kate Garroway and Dan Lobb may have their duties increased. :eek:

Well that guarantees i watch either BBC or Sky in the mornings :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    Christine will be a public joke, if ratings for Dancing on Ice fall when she presents, that said she Philip is still hosting, so its not really in her hands.

I mentioned that in another thread, If the ratings are significantly down on what ITV are expecting Christine could easily be made the scape goat!

Imagine the scenario:
    DOI hits all time audience low and Christine is blamed/made a scape goat.
    TV work dry's up because she burnt her bridges with the BBC.
    She would then be totally free to become the WAG she wants to be and have kids (she is not getting any younger)
    Then Lampard will dump her for a younger model and Christine will live out her Days in a Gin soaked haze with loads of Cats in a bedsit in Houndslow :):)