Comments

• FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Latvia is not very good, Same for Greece, the dancers are so unsynchronised

Romania is good, but montenegro oh gosh!

Never been a fan of Iceland so that one sucks for me anyway, Albania is horrendous
    Switzerland is better than I expected, Belgium is really good!
    Finland has a good live voice, but she looks bored
  • WeeblesWobbleWeeblesWobble Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some thoughts:

- Albania nails the vocal as expected
    - Iceland will be serious contenders if for some unforeseen reason Sweden fail to take the win
    - Liked Latvia's backdrop, her vocal was actually great especially near the end
    - Switzerland really impressed me, his vocal was great in parts and it reminded me of Turkey 2010 for the general atmosphere they created. I previously thought this wouldn't qualify but I feel differently now
    - Belgium and Finland were boring..will cancel each other out on the night perhaps
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    GIFTS and KISSES!

Anyway, here are my thoughts based upon the songs as I saw them in the rehearsals.

Montenegro - Quite peculiar but good fun. Don't think it will do very well though.

Iceland - Seriously powerful song. I think it may do very well.

Greece - Not too keen on the vocals. It seemed quite clumsy. Good dancing.

Latvia - Great singing. The lyrics seem a bit pants.

Albania - Fabulous vocals. Gave me many goosebumps. Nice melody.

Romania - Good fun. OK vocals. Thought it needs a more summery backdrop.

Switzerland - Impressive. I didn't expect much from Swissland but they were very pro live.

Belgium - Sweet song. Well sung.

Finland - Another sweet song but Im not sure how well it will do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the links!

Good:
    Romania
    Iceland
    Albania
    Belgium
    Finland

Okay:
    Greece - shame as I really like the song!
    Switzerland
    Latvia

Awful:
    Montenegro
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Montenegro is possibly the worst opening to a contest since Israel 2000
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Well, if nothing else, Montenegro's countdown in their LED backdrop sort of acts like a countdown to when the real contest begins. :D
  • QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    All of the above on one handy page with text commentry of how the performances looked in the hall (via escxtra)

http://escxtra.com/2012/05/day-1-of-rehearsals-2/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    eurovision.tv have now added all their videos from the rehearsals to their YouTube channel :-

http://www.youtube.com/user/eurovision?feature=watch

The visual and audio quality is of course a great deal better than the esctoday versions :) Although I have no idea why the Romanian rehearsal video is interspersed with random backstage photos and video clips when none of the others are...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Paprika wrote: »
    eurovision.tv have now added all their videos from the rehearsals to their YouTube channel :-

http://www.youtube.com/user/eurovision?feature=watch

The visual and audio quality is of course a great deal better than the esctoday versions :) Although I have no idea why the Romanian rehearsal video is interspersed with random backstage photos and video clips when none of the others are...

The downside of the E.tv clips is they edit different performances together along with random shots so you can't really see what is going on properly. The quality might not be as good with the videos from the different blogs, but at least you can get a feel for the staging.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    globbits wrote: »
    The downside of the E.tv clips is they edit different performances together along with random shots so you can't really see what is going on properly. The quality might not be as good with the videos from the different blogs, but at least you can get a feel for the staging.

True, although they can give a little bit more of a feel of how the performance may come across on TV with different camera angles. Wasn't initially impressed with the Romanian staging from afar for example, but in my opinion it has far more impact in the close-ups in the eurovision.tv videos. I think it's good to watch both to get an all-round impression :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Paprika wrote: »
    I think it's good to watch both to get an all-round impression :)

Agreed :)
  • pauledin99pauledin99 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Montenegro - Just dire. What a 'can't be arsed' rehearsal.
    Iceland - I think this will look and sound great on the night.
    Greece - OK. Very dated performance though.
    Latvia - Not sure on this one. Maybe will look better on TV and when they have costumes on - not really making sense at the moment.
    Albania - Excellent vocals as expected. Needs to relax her facial expressions though as can look a bit scary!
    Romania. Like Greece, only OK. Was hoping for better considering how much money I've bet on them!
    Switzerland - Loved it. Really hope this qualifies. Lots of energy to sell the song.
    Belgium - Started playing with my cats one minute into this.
    Finland - Strong vocals. Feel it's improved since NF but not by enough to qualify.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those close-ups aren't kind to Rhona:o
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Those close-ups aren't kind to Rhona:o

I thought that. Her voice is incredible, but her facial expressions aren't. I hope it was just the press camera guy being over-zealous and not the actual camera choreography Albania have asked for..
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will not watch...I will not watch...I will not watch

I'm wavering .... :(
  • georgetheaspiegeorgetheaspie Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if nothing else, Montenegro's countdown in their LED backdrop sort of acts like a countdown to when the real contest begins. :D

What I don't get about that countdown is whether or not that is some malfunction or intended!

Their LED keeps flashing to what looks like the 'snow effect' on an ill-tuned TV!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    In my opinion I thought Lativa's vocals during the last 20 seconds were great!! Montenegro, even though it's different, it's just SO SO bad. Loved the backround Iceland had, Greece and Romania's vocals are a bit shaky- Rest of the songs are OK
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Greek woman seems to start in the wrong pitch and struggles to take it from there. Is she perhaps just going through the motions rather than straining her vocals?

I have no words to describe what I now think about the Montenegro entry :eek::confused:
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    I will not watch...I will not watch...I will not watch

I'm wavering .... :(
    I'm not watching either, other than our own entry and Sweden, the pre-favourite ;) (I'm way too curious to avoid watching them, but I will try to will all others :D) I want to keep some element of excitement & surprise for the actual show. Hold on & be strong, Anne! :)

But as I did watch our entry, what did others think of her dress..? As I must say I'm not very happy with it. She obviously had a black jumper of some sort on top of it, but underneath was probably the actual stage dress... :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Why have Montenegro even bothered entering this year? They've chosen an act that obviously hates Eurovision and has entered a dire song that stands no chance of qualifying. :confused:

Money well spent. :rolleyes:
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addendum, succumbed and watched Israel, too, as it's one of my favourites :o And it was great! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7pWvA3w3Eg
    Forum Member
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Addendum, succumbed and watched Israel, too, as it's one of my favourites :o And it was great! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7pWvA3w3Eg

Those clocks are trippy.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving Israel
    Forum Member
    Loving Israel

Same. This has been a massive grower on me over the last week or so. I have them down as a non-qualifier in my predictions, but straight after the break with nothing but San Marino and Cyprus after them, I reckon I need to rethink their chances..