How should we welcome back the Jihadists ?

Comments

• Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Make them watch every series of big Brother...back to back

Just have the following on 24x7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQA2X4yvK_g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh9CLOIT5yE

WARNING CONTAINS MATERIAL SOME PEOPLE WILL FIND DISGUSTING
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Make them watch every series of big Brother...back to back
    I think that goes against all human rights legislation:o
  • John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that goes against all human rights legislation:o

Yes your right, make it all the 50 years episodes of Coronation Street....
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John146 wrote: »
    Yes your right, make it all the 50 years episodes of Coronation Street....
    Eastenders Mate...
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    I would treat them exactly the same as anyone who comes back after fighting for the IDF or any other foreign way (including people like Mark Thatcher and others who may have tried to organise coups. If there is any evidence of a crime being committed, the charge them with the available evidence.

And if the law is changed to make it a crime to be in a warzone without the consent of the goverment that will make it easier to punish them :)
  • DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They only want to come back because despite Obama and Cameron declaring to the world we dont have a strategy yet we've been bombing the crap out of them for weeks and have had special forces on the ground for the last couple of months. :)

Life sentence sounds good enough.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    I hope they are arrested and locked up.
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give them a job as middle east peace ambassadors. It's what we usually do.
    Forum Member
    zelda fan wrote: »
    I hope they are arrested and locked up.
    As long as they've committed a crime, there is evidence and they are convicted in a court.
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    As long as they've committed a crime, there is evidence and they are convicted in a court.

Would you be happy to have the law changed to make it easier to prosecute them ?
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member

Yeah i obviously meant the ones who have been killing for the isis group.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    With handcuffs, armed guards and long prison sentences.
    Forum Member
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    Would you be happy to have the law changed to make it easier to prosecute them ?

If they haven't committed crimes, then why should they be prosecuted? if the law is changed, I don't think they can be charged with things they did before the law was changed. Therefore they should probably be charged under the law as it presently stands, if there is a crime they have committed that there is enough evidence to convict them on.
  • duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    It's their right under British law

As soon as they went off to fight in Syria and/or Iraq, they forfeited any rights under British Law.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As soon as they went off to fight in Syria and/or Iraq, they forfeited any rights under British Law.

Was anyone particularly bothered about British citizens joining ISIS to take on Assad and his army? They went on a butchering spree there. The US certainly weren't bothered about him. No-one had any idea that they meant what they said about a caliphate and world dominance. Assad was an enemy but without rich oil supplies or investment for the US, in particular, to worry about. Oil supplies and investment is the main reason they are bombing northern Iraq now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Was anyone particularly bothered about British citizens joining ISIS to take on Assad and his army? They went on a butchering spree there. The US certainly weren't bothered about him. No-one had any idea that they meant what they said about a caliphate and world dominance. Assad was an enemy but without rich oil supplies or investment for the US, in particular, to worry about. Oil supplies and investment is the main reason they are bombing northern Iraq now.

We weren't backing and funding ISIS. We were backing the free syrian army, genuine freedom fighters who wanted to break free from assads regime, ISIS are a splinter group so you cant blame the west for arming ISIS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We weren't backing and funding ISIS. We were backing the free syrian army, genuine freedom fighters who wanted to break free from assads regime, ISIS are a splinter group so you cant blame the west for arming ISIS.

I wasn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't.

That was what you were trying to insinuate because you didn't realise the distinction between the FSA and ISIS.
  • FlibustierFlibustier Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We weren't backing and funding ISIS. We were backing the free syrian army, genuine freedom fighters

of course...;-)
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,415
    Forum Member
    How should we welcome back the Jihadists?

By carefully monitoring them and if they step out of line (I suspect that only a tiny minority would do so) and start contemplating domestic terrorism then a ton of proverbial bricks should fall upon them in terms of prosecution and deterrent sentences.
  • northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make them watch Paul O'Grady's For the Love of Dogs on a 24 hour loop. Dogs and a gay man all in one programme...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was what you were trying to insinuate because you didn't realise the distinction between the FSA and ISIS.

I assure you I wasn't. I am fully aware of the difference between FSA and ISIS and I have no idea why you assumed this from my post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assure you I wasn't. I am fully aware of the difference between FSA and ISIS and I have no idea why you assumed this from my post.

You never made any distinction between the people fighting Assad and those who are now ISIS and were just heaping ire on people who didn't oppose the FSA.

They (mostly) aren't the same people.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    Interesting story today in the Times and other papers .

What's really interesting is the reasons some want to come back . They didn't realise that they would be fighting and killing other Muslims and are now annoyed that they won't go to heaven and shag the 72 Virgins .....they thought that they would be killing infidels , alawaits .christians and other non Muslims .....

Personally I would ensure a swift court case and long prison sentences . As its the UK I'm sure they will be forgiven and " rehbilitated " .The many professionals that went out there will be eased back into cushy jobs in the law and NHS etc . The others ...well the lucrative benefit system awaits them .

How would you welcome them back ?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/

I couldn't possibly comment without being banned.
  • Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How should we welcome back the Jihadists?

By carefully monitoring them and if they step out of line (I suspect that only a tiny minority would do so) and start contemplating domestic terrorism then a ton of proverbial bricks should fall upon them in terms of prosecution and deterrent sentences.

Is this a serious post? Keep a jolly close eye on them, and if the blighters step out of line then they'll be in bloomin' bother? That'll teach them, won't it. I mean, having just got back from massacring innocent people in the name of 'religion', this 'deterrent' will have them quaking in their boots.

As for the BIB, dear oh dear. If you were on QI it would be flashing on the screen behind you.